• Please log in to reply
26251 replies to this topic

#19201 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,488 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 11:35 AM

If you are not vaccinated in New Brunswick your grocery store can lock you out:

• Malls, grocery stores, salons must enforce physical distancing or may instead require proof of vaccination from all patrons.

Right.... They won't dare. But maybe if they do can we all agree to drop the "What freedoms have we lost" routine? 

#19202 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,488 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 11:40 AM

Drug companies make drugs to sell, they sell them at a profit ... big surprise.

That the drugs those drug companies make are then mandated by doctors to be injected in order to stem the spread of (in this case) a virus that's already killed 5 million people should also come as no surprise.

No matter how many ways anti-vaxers try to present their "case", it still comes down to the fact that they're folks with no medical knowledge whatsoever (just like the rest of us) who have made a decision to move in a separate direction than the one doctors are insisting we all move in ... so we can hopefully never reach 6 million dead from COVID-19.

That these anti-vaxers continue to perpetuate the inability to reach 100% vaccination status results in (at the least) a few hundred thousand more deaths, which, (IMO) is simply a shame ... nothing more, nothing less - just a shame.

I am totally for anyone getting a vaccine if they choose by the way.

This is hate speech. You are also advocating for violence.

There are many that will never take this product in this province. So how do you propose you get to 100%?

Edited by dasmo, 10 December 2021 - 12:01 PM.

#19203 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 12:06 PM

This is hate speech. You are also advocating for violence.

There are many that will never take this product in this province. So how do you propose you get to 100%?

I don't mind a disagreement, but your first sentence here is patently ridiculous, and serves no purpose but to further hollow out your already agenda laden anti-vax argument.

As I noted in my earlier post though, I'm not a doctor, nor am I a politician ... so I don't have to offer a proposal as to how we get to 100%.

The important note is that we do need to get to 100% (or as close to it as possible) in order to slow down, and hopefully stop the over 5 million deaths to date caused by COVID-19.

#19204 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 12:20 PM

Spy, stop responding, save us all.

• qv likes this

#19205 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,488 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 02:09 PM

I don't mind a disagreement, but your first sentence here is patently ridiculous, and serves no purpose but to further hollow out your already agenda laden anti-vax argument.

As I noted in my earlier post though, I'm not a doctor, nor am I a politician ... so I don't have to offer a proposal as to how we get to 100%.

The important note is that we do need to get to 100% (or as close to it as possible) in order to slow down, and hopefully stop the over 5 million deaths to date caused by COVID-19.

I apologize for the offence. But you are the one using the language of Anti-Vaxxer as if a group of people should be categorized by such a derogatory term. Which you call me again. I am 100% not against vaccines. I even got one by my own choice. I'm not even against smoking even though it killed my parents. And you do also state 100% vaccination rate. So maybe you could disagree with my statement and explain how it is not hate speech.  

Edited by dasmo, 10 December 2021 - 02:14 PM.

#19206 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,488 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 02:12 PM

Spy, stop responding, save us all.

Sorry Barrister, Maybe you can ask the mods to ban me. We met once remember. At the HHV meetup. What were your thoughts about me then? 

#19207 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 02:44 PM

I apologize for the offence. But you are the one using the language of Anti-Vaxxer as if a group of people should be categorized by such a derogatory term. Which you call me again. I am 100% not against vaccines. I even got one by my own choice. I'm not even against smoking even though it killed my parents. And you do also state 100% vaccination rate. So maybe you could disagree with my statement and explain how it is not hate speech.  

You are getting sensitive as we move along.  I'm not sure he did call you one specifically...  The term is the term, sorry if it offends you but easier to type out than "the people who don't want vaccines"...  They are anti- (opposed to) vaxxers (vaccines).  You are more of an anti-segger (segregation).  That's all fine, that is a different discussion..  It's just most of what you share goes against the science and the numbers. It's kind of when you used to post about PCR tests and how they were 90% false positives (or whatever I can't recall your number so don't get lost in that discussion).  I'm an anti-peopledyingneedlesslyer, so everyone should reduce the chances and get vaccinated.  I'm ok with whatever measures might be needed to convince (I know you say coerce) so that peoples lives are saved.  It's mostly for those who do not want the vaccine (for very trumped up reasons that most of them do not understand).  If vaccinated die it's sad but the % are much lower for them and they have done what has been offered.  I love the discussion Dasmo, that's why VV exists, keep it up but look at both sides once in a while...I will say you have chased away people through pure frustration but I love it.

Edited by Ismo07, 10 December 2021 - 02:47 PM.

• SimonH likes this

#19208 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 02:57 PM

Right.... They won't dare. But maybe if they do can we all agree to drop the "What freedoms have we lost" routine? 

It's more the ones who don't get vaccines...  Will they respect the social distancing and the wearing of a mask in public spaces.  It more than getting vaccinated by now.  Many of the people who won't get the vaccine will also flout mask and separation policies.  This here lies the issue, most of these people don't get the vaccine because of science or that they think they will get sick from it.  They just really don't wanna and now they've been backed into a corner.  Now they are acting like a two year old and don't want any of it.  So when asked nicely to wear a mask, there will be a hissy fit, not a respectful no thank you and leave.. Then they will stomp around telling everyone that the pay taxes, live in a free country and whine their way eventually out the door.  It's sad that respect is gone.  The unvaccinated are losing on many benefits of being in a society.  Their freedom is no more important than the freedom of those who chose to be vaccinated, but for some reason that 10% feels more power than the 90%.  Even to say the 90% are the sheep...  Don't they fence off the wolves from the sheep. :)

#19209 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 03:04 PM

I knew that Florida was doing some shady reporting about cases and deaths but this is kind of gross if true...

University of Florida initiates investigation into alleged destruction of COVID-19 research data | TheHill

#19210 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,488 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 03:13 PM

You are getting sensitive as we move along.  I'm not sure he did call you one specifically...  The term is the term, sorry if it offends you but easier to type out than "the people who don't want vaccines"...  They are anti- (opposed to) vaxxers (vaccines).  You are more of an anti-segger (segregation).  That's all fine, that is a different discussion..  It's just most of what you share goes against the science and the numbers. It's kind of when you used to post about PCR tests and how they were 90% false positives (or whatever I can't recall your number so don't get lost in that discussion).  I'm an anti-peopledyingneedlesslyer, so everyone should reduce the chances and get vaccinated.  I'm ok with whatever measures might be needed to convince (I know you say coerce) so that peoples lives are saved.  It's mostly for those who do not want the vaccine (for very trumped up reasons that most of them do not understand).  If vaccinated die it's sad but the % are much lower for them and they have done what has been offered.  I love the discussion Dasmo, that's why VV exists, keep it up but look at both sides once in a while...I will say you have chased away people through pure frustration but I love it.

I see the other side all the time. It needs no added support from me. 

I am advocating for choice. Plane and simple. Advocating for our basic human right to body sovereignty from corporate or state control. That is my agenda. I admit I am blind to the opposition to these concepts. 

#19211 qv

qv
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 03:48 PM

I see the other side all the time. It needs no added support from me.
I am advocating for choice. Plane and simple. Advocating for our basic human right to body sovereignty from corporate or state control. That is my agenda. I admit I am blind to the opposition to these concepts.

But you also make posts challenging the Covid vaccines themselves.

I don't believe it's actually about freedom. I think it's really that some people mistakenly don't believe vaccines work.

If someone's goal is to be protected from Covid, the science unambiguously says they should get the vaccine.

#19212 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 03:56 PM

So maybe you could disagree with my statement and explain how it is not hate speech.  

Easy ... the government makes you get a drivers license if you want to drive, they make you pay taxes on any income you earn, they make you get a passport if you want to get out - and then back into the country, Vital Statistics keeps detailed records of your existence from birth to death.

The local Police, RCMP, or CSIS can come to your door and take you to jail 24/7/365.

Canada can implement the War Measures Act and instantly remove roughly half of your freedoms, throw you in jail with no charges, and detain and question you for no reason other than they want to ... all with no option for you but to comply.

So if the same level of authority noted above decides that in order to quell the ongoing deaths (of over 5 million people to date) by mandating you get vaccinated ... so be it.

It's just another cost of living in a civilized society, one run by various levels of government.

These freedoms you espouse are largely illusions ... you put far too much stock in believing that you run the show, rather than the more factual understanding that various levels of government actually run the show.

We see Roe vs. Wade on the cusp of being eradicated in the United States after decades of believing it was rock solid. In that specific case millions of women will loose control of their bodies to government ... it happens all the time, you're just not seeing it for reasons only you truly understand.

Do you want the red pill, or the blue pill?

Edited by Spy Black, 10 December 2021 - 03:57 PM.

• sebberry likes this

#19213 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,988 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 04:09 PM

We see Roe vs. Wade on the cusp of being eradicated in the United States after decades of believing it was rock solid. In that specific case millions of women will loose control of their bodies babies will be saved from death by the government ... it happens all the time, you're just not seeing it for reasons only you truly understand.

#19214 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 05:43 PM

The case count on the island is 125 today which I find worrisome. The number in Ontario and Quebec have been a serious rise.  It looks like a very quiet Christmas for us. I sometimes wonder how well other seniors are doing. How many are feeling isolated and alone.

#19215 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,988 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 05:52 PM

The case count on the island is 125 today which I find worrisome. The number in Ontario and Quebec have been a serious rise.  It looks like a very quiet Christmas for us. I sometimes wonder how well other seniors are doing. How many are feeling isolated and alone.

341 new cases, nine deaths

B.C. health officials reported 341 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, the latest out of 2,915 active infections in the province.

Fraser Health (83) and Island Health (98) account for over half of the new cases. Interior Health reported 70 infections, Vancouver Coastal reported 61, and Northern Health had 29 new cases.

https://vancouversun...ses-nine-deaths

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 10 December 2021 - 05:52 PM.

#19216 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,488 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 05:54 PM

I will let Brian Williams Speak for me....

https://youtu.be/o5AoMNF7dnE

#19217 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 05:56 PM

I have to chip in here...

We will never get to 100% when in my estimate 20-30% of the population aren't vaccinated against Covid-19. You can of course choose to believe the numbers in the media, all propaganda of course.  

Spy Black - Why do you think over one hundred thousand Doctors, Nurses & health care professionals across Canada have refused this vaccine / mRNA gene therapy? 

TFord 

#19218 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 06:02 PM

^ Which study verified that one hundred thousand fact?

#19219 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 06:03 PM

We see Roe vs. Wade on the cusp of being eradicated in the United States after decades of believing it was rock solid. In that specific case millions of women will loose control of their bodies babies will be saved from death by the government ... it happens all the time, you're just not seeing it for reasons only you truly understand.

Nice try.

This isn't about the politics of Roe vs. Wade ... it's about the fact that like much of the rest of your life, the government ultimately controls your body.

I'm just the messenger, if you don't like the government controlling your body, I guess your option is to go live in the bush somewhere, and hope you're forgotten about.

To be crystal clear, the last person on earth I'd ever solicit a political opinion from regarding Roe vs. Wade is an old white man living on a Canadian island.

#19220 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 06:06 PM

I have to chip in here...

We will never get to 100% when in my estimate 20-30% of the population aren't vaccinated against Covid-19. You can of course choose to believe the numbers in the media, all propaganda of course.  

Spy Black - Why do you think over one hundred thousand Doctors, Nurses & health care professionals across Canada have refused this vaccine / mRNA gene therapy? 

TFord 

I'm sure we'd likely enjoy a beer together once we found a subject that represented common ground ... but your posts are so "out there" as they relate to COVID-19, I really have nothing to offer in terms of promoting any sort of discussion.

That and the fact that you pull numbers out of thin air and promote them as fact makes conversation impossible.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)