Photo

Jacklin Rd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Langford Rat

Langford Rat
  • 405 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:56 AM

I don’t know if they cheaped out on the line paint, or it’s just these old eyes, but holy smokes…Jacklin Rd is horrible since they re-did it. At night, especially when it’s raining, it’s damned near impossible to see any markings on the road. With the glare of the lights (headlights and lights from the new mall) bouncing up off the street you can’t see a thing. It doesn’t help with those lanes forcing you into the mall and people jockeying around to avoid them. You see folks straddling lanes all the time because you can’t see where you are on the road…everything is reflecting light except the bloody lines. They could have at least put a few cat’s eyes down the center.

#2 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 01:38 PM

Speaking of Jacklin Rd, I noticed they’ve used AstroTurf as a substitute for grass in the boulevards along the side of the road. It looks absolutely tacky.

#3 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:27 PM

I laughed the first time I saw that in Langford - astroturf instead of grass. Was not near Jacklin Rd.

Then I saw the same thing at Burnside & Tillicum in Saanich, on the corner where M&M Meats is. So not just a Langford thing.

#4 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:34 PM

Road markings everywhere around here are horrible and it puts the safety of pedestrians and cyclists at risk.

• FogPub likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users