• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4570 replies to this topic

#2021 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 October 2021 - 01:26 PM

Pfizer is coming out soon with their own version of ivermectin. In a few months taking horse de-wormer will be a must-do, if you're serious about your health. But for now, Joe Rogan is a dummy for having taken horse de-wormer.

Oh really?

https://www.reuters....r-idUSL1N2R11T5

• vortoozo likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#2022 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 01:32 PM

Yup, really.

Pfizer's version will cost more, and is geared more specifically towards COVID. Ivermectin is no longer a protected drug, and is quite cheap. That's not good for pharma, because they want you using the expensive stuff.

Think of ivermectin as generic ibuprofen and Pfizer's upcoming drug as Robaxacet.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2023 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 October 2021 - 01:34 PM

Yup, really.

Pfizer's version will cost more, and is geared more specifically towards COVID. Ivermectin is no longer a protected drug, and is quite cheap. That's not good for pharma, because they want you using the expensive stuff.

Think of ivermectin as generic ibuprofen and Pfizer's upcoming drug as Robaxacet.

"

VERDICT

Missing context. The two drugs are different and do not use the same mechanism."

• Brayvehart likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#2024 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 01:38 PM

This is also great:

A Pfizer spokesperson also denied the connection between the drugs, telling Reuters in an email: “Pfizer’s protease inhibitor is not similar to that of an animal medicine and is not the same mechanism.”

Pfizer and the media are going to extreme lengths to attribute ivermectin to veterinary use only, but it's a drug for human consumption and has been for a very long time. There are many drugs used for veterinary purposes and for human consumption but we understand the context when discussing them for therapy. But with ivermectin, the messaging is constantly horse de-wormer horse de-wormer horse de-wormer.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2025 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 01:42 PM

"

VERDICT

Missing context. The two drugs are different and do not use the same mechanism."

The missing context is referring to ivermectin as horse de-wormer, when speaking to its human use. It's part of a large campaign to instil a negative sentiment towards ivermectin, and a positive sentiment towards Pfizer's version of the drug.

It's all marketing, with many billions of dollars at stake.

Know it all.

#2026 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 October 2021 - 01:47 PM

Where are you seeing this nonsense? :D  

• Brayvehart likes this

#2027 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 02:04 PM

Pfizer is coming out soon with their own version of ivermectin. In a few months taking horse de-wormer will be a must-do, if you're serious about your health. But for now, Joe Rogan is a dummy for having taken horse de-wormer.

People aren't really saying he is a dummy because he had a personal doctor who could prescribe it.  What people are saying is that out of the 8 things he was getting treated with, Ivermectin does show that it does anything.  Likely the other 7 things didn't either but that he was in good enough shape that he survived on his own.  Doctors are taking credit for trying all sorts of things.  Raspberry Jello works too when the person survives.. Exhausting this Rogan thing is...

#2028 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 02:40 PM

That's not quite right. Ivermectin was shown to reduce "self-reported anosmia/hyposmia, a reduction of cough and a tendency to lower viral loads and lower IgG titers which warrants assessment in larger trials." - https://www.thelance...0464-8/fulltext

Pfizer is working on a variant of this drug, specifically targeting COVID. From a marketing perspective, ivermectin has to be marketed as being exceptionally dangerous/ineffective, in order for Pfizer et. al. to have buy-in to their soon to be alternative.

We'd never call ibuprofen an arylpropionic acid derivative treatment for K-9s, just because a vet gives it to a dog to lower inflammation, but you use it to make a headache go away, right? But that's what the media is doing with ivermectin by focusing purely on its use for farm animals. And it was CNN who went after Rogan, and still are. They have gone a little far with their hyper-focus on Rogan's use of the drug.

Know it all.

#2029 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 28 October 2021 - 04:30 PM

Have we forgotten what Joe Rogan himself has said on all this?

“I am not a doctor. I am a f*cking moron. I am a cage-fighting commentator... I am not a respected source of information even for me. But I at least try to be honest about what I am saying.”

Edited by zoomer, 28 October 2021 - 04:30 PM.

• Brayvehart likes this

#2030 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 05:06 PM

Luckily for that moron, he can afford the best healthcare advice on earth, and he took it. You and I might be wise to repeat what one of the richest men in America was advised to do, despite what CNN is being paid to tell us.

Know it all.

#2031 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,782 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 05:15 PM

He’s no moron of course. He earns at least $10M per year from his podcast deal.

#2032 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 05:20 PM

I actually don’t know what Rogan’s done, I’ve taken him at his word for being a moron so I just tune him out. Haven’t watched CNN since Trump failed to overthrow the government because US politics is just so boring now. I’m sure the news networks miss him and are praying he’ still alive and willing to run again in 2024.

#2033 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 05:25 PM

You can still be rich and a moron and a terrible role model. That’s the beautify of America:

Kardashians
Trump Family
Jeffrey Epstein
Martin Shkreli

Oh the list is endless. You get the idea.

#2034 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 05:42 PM

All of those morons can afford the best health advice in the world. And one didn’t kill himself.
  • Matt R. and A Girl is No one like this

Know it all.

#2035 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,782 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 05:45 PM

those guys are smarter than you know.

#2036 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 07:04 PM

those guys are smarter than you know.

I don't even know  :(

Know it all.

#2037 MR.

MR.
  • Banned
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 05:15 AM

For all who jabbed that's great, but you can still get sick, carry, and transmit covid-19. When covid-19 first came out my wife freaked out and went to see our family practitioner to see what she could do if ourselves or 1 of our 2 young boys got infected, this was way before the vaxx. So he set her up with a great big bag of meds. Around 3 months later I contracted covid, I felt like **** but not that bad...we had everything including the recipe. So if any of you jabbers get sick, and you will get sick, I know a few double vaxxers who still got covid.

From my doctor:

-1 ivermectin. (it's a pill for human consumption...not horse paste)

-1 quercetin. (supplement that delivers the zink more effectively)

-2 aspirin.

-2 zink.

-1 1000mg vitamin c. (Emergen-C packs)

-4 vitamin d drops.

These are just vitamins and supplements, you can get them at the supermarket. Within a couple hours I was out of bed and on my feet, the next day I was 100%. I took the above list every day for 5 days just to be sure, I never felt better in my life after those 5 days, but still quarantined for 9 more days. We did the math and it was like 65 cents per day.

As for my family and myself we have decided to not take the jabb, my boys are early teens and made up there own minds. My Wife pulled the kids and is home schooling them. I am a self employed house framer and frame houses up and down the island working directly for the homeowners, we will wear a mask, we will not spend a dime on the local economy, we will not eat out or order take out, go to any movies or events. We live in the best place in the world so we don't travel anyway, other than on the island.

I have just renewed my DL and Services card, I have just renewed my five year fixed,

I will order all food and booze online for curb side pickup, if they want a vaxx pass for that too..My Brother works for me and guess what? doubled vaxxed with vaxx pass.

Why you say? Have a look at this short little 1 minuet clip...

https://www.youtube....tChurch,Houston

If things get too bad, I'll get marko over here to list my house and head up island to the cabin and retire.

My Wife and I have lived on the island our entire lives and there is not a chance in hell that sh!t is going in our arms until there is a hell of a lot more time behind it than there is now. Remember those thalidomide babies back in the day? yes, they do **** up...no thanks!

I advocate nothing, you want the jab...get the jab! You don't want the jab, don't...simple!

It's our body and our choice. We will play by the rules...but we ain't rolling up the sleeves. Besides, I know how to make it anyway, and at least I know what the f#ck is in it. They won't even tell you whats in theirs! And they rushed it out the gate.

I have a Wife and two young boys to think about here...That's why!

Thank you.

• A Girl is No one likes this

#2038 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 07:40 AM

That's not quite right. Ivermectin was shown to reduce "self-reported anosmia/hyposmia, a reduction of cough and a tendency to lower viral loads and lower IgG titers which warrants assessment in larger trials." - https://www.thelance...0464-8/fulltext

Pfizer is working on a variant of this drug, specifically targeting COVID. From a marketing perspective, ivermectin has to be marketed as being exceptionally dangerous/ineffective, in order for Pfizer et. al. to have buy-in to their soon to be alternative.

We'd never call ibuprofen an arylpropionic acid derivative treatment for K-9s, just because a vet gives it to a dog to lower inflammation, but you use it to make a headache go away, right? But that's what the media is doing with ivermectin by focusing purely on its use for farm animals. And it was CNN who went after Rogan, and still are. They have gone a little far with their hyper-focus on Rogan's use of the drug.

Not quite the same thing, and weren't you against Lancet studies before?  I think with most folks "self-reported" reduction in cough etc. happens after after 72 hours anyways.  I'd like to see how many people took ivermectin and still continued to get worse.  I would suggest that it's a very similar % of people who didn't take it.  Like I said this drug is being "self-reported" as helping where likely the person would end up be fine, like our framer above. I do not think you read Sebberry's link if you are still spouting that Pfizer is creating the same thing, don't fall for silliness....

Among patients with non-severe COVID-19 and no risk factors for severe disease receiving a single 400 mcg/kg dose of ivermectin within 72 h of fever or cough onset there was no difference in the proportion of PCR positives. There was however a marked reduction of self-reported anosmia/hyposmia, a reduction of cough and a tendency to lower viral loads and lower IgG titers which warrants assessment in larger trials.

Edited by Ismo07, 29 October 2021 - 07:42 AM.

• Brayvehart likes this

#2039 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 07:51 AM

It's not a Lancet study, Lancet is a journal that published study results. And yes, I heavily criticized a study Lancet had promoted at the start of the COVID mess, because it was on its surface an absurd study that made nonsense claims. That study ultimately turned out to be bogus, and Lancet had to issue a statement denouncing it.

Ivermectin garnered a Nobel Peace Prize in 2015. It is a life-saving medicine, so its tarnishing by the media leads me to believe there's more to this story.

I don't buy Reuters' refuting similarities between the two drugs as "fake news." The two pharmaceuticals are very similar to each other. Pfizer pays all of these institutions millions of dollars annually, so these institutions have a vested interest in all of this. They are not neutral, at least not entirely.

Know it all.

#2040 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 07:53 AM

Fundamentally, though, my issue is with the media, which is paid by Pfizer handsomely, calling ivermectin horse de-wormer. That is purposeful, and it has no purpose other than to tarnish the drug. It makes no more sense to call it horse de-wormer than to call ibuprofen arylpropionic acid derivative treatment for K-9s.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users