COVID ECONOMICS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4570 replies to this topic

#2341 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,309 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 04:06 PM

The City of Toronto says it has terminated 461 employees for failing to comply with its mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.

The city says in a release that the employees either failed to receive any doses of vaccine or failed to report their vaccination status by the deadline of Jan. 2.

It says the terminations will not affect current staffing levels because the employees had been suspended without pay and not scheduled to work.

https://www.theglobe...ply-with-covid/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 05 January 2022 - 04:06 PM.

#2342 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 04:29 PM

^^ Was just stating the TC headline today Ismo. Sounds pretty definitive to me.

B.C.'s top doctor warns businesses one-third of workforce could soon be off sick

Edited by spanky123, 05 January 2022 - 04:29 PM.

#2343 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 04:31 PM

^^ Was just stating the TC headline today Ismo. Sounds pretty definitive to me.

B.C.'s top doctor warns businesses one-third of workforce could soon be off sick

Yeah I know what you did...  It'll be ok...  Headlines do pose an issue for many...  Sadly...

• Brayvehart likes this

#2344 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,228 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 11:14 AM

Happy new year. I think everyone should really look at this and consider it. The process of "Othering" is old and we have been here many times before. Of course it is difficult to see or even feel compassion for those that are being othered when you are on the other side.... May your 2022 be filled with joy, love, friendship, and human connection. 

cwh0u5H.jpeg

• A Girl is No one and TFord like this

#2345 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 11:16 AM

^

This really describes the anti vax anti mask crowd to a T.
  • Brayvehart likes this

#2346 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,228 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 03:14 PM

^ Can you elaborate? I mean you kinda prove my point for me by speaking from the blue section. 

#2347 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 04:45 PM

Yes, it’s almost entirely the vocal anti vax group perpetrating these. The vocal pro vax group… don’t hear much from them on the ground.

Haven’t had a single run in with a pro vax customer, dozens or hundreds from the anti group. Anecdotes aren’t valid, I know I know.
  • Brayvehart likes this

#2348 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,228 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 06:05 PM

I’m not sure you read the fine print. ;-)

#2349 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 08:12 PM

Oh, I did.

In fact I just read it again. I don’t see many vaccinated people suggested we hang unvaccinated people but I’ve seen a LOT of anti vax people say that exact thing about DBH.

Anyways, you were saying?

Edited by Matt R., 06 January 2022 - 08:15 PM.

• sebberry and Brayvehart like this

#2350 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 08:14 AM

Oh, I did.

In fact I just read it again. I don’t see many vaccinated people suggested we hang unvaccinated people but I’ve seen a LOT of anti vax people say that exact thing about DBH.

I actually agree with Matt...  I understand you may feel like that Dasmo because of the restrictions are really against the few now, but really it's mainly one crowd that belittle and name call the others "sheep".   It mainly one crowd justifying biases by seeking like minded people, seeking out information to confirm beliefs...  

• Matt R. and Brayvehart like this

#2351 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 08:26 AM

I see a lot of attempts at sympathy among the anti vaccine population but people are just worn down with the pandemic and don’t have time to listen to grown adults’ complaints from self induced problems.

Don’t want the vaccine? Fine. But maybe it’s time to leave the rest of society alone, if all you want to do is preach.
  • Matt R. and Brayvehart like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2352 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,228 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:54 AM

Oh, I did.

True. I give you half points. Full points if you hadn't used your dehumanizing words to characterise those people. While they are misguided in their own inner rage the pyramid I posted is why they are feeling that. They are on the receiving end of that. In a real physical way.  We are ALL susceptible to that pyramid. I am thankful that many of my old friends are not on there. I have lost a couple though.  

Edited by dasmo, 07 January 2022 - 10:59 AM.

#2353 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,228 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:55 AM

I see a lot of attempts at sympathy among the anti vaccine population but people are just worn down with the pandemic and don’t have time to listen to grown adults’ complaints from self induced problems.

Don’t want the vaccine? Fine. But maybe it’s time to leave the rest of society alone, if all you want to do is preach.

Only you have the power to stop me from preaching here. I can't seem to stop myself.... 

#2354 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:15 AM

Oh, I did.

Matt I couldn't disagree more with what you have said here.

Try walking though a mall with no mask on, its ok you won't die, less words can kill.

TFord

#2355 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:36 AM

Only you have the power to stop me from preaching here. I can't seem to stop myself.... 

Yeah, see I'm not about that. Only if people start bothering the other members here do we step in.

We've all chosen sides by now. There are going to be very few people transitioning from anti vaccine to vaccine at this stage.

• TFord likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2356 Arnold

Arnold
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, see I'm not about that. Only if people start bothering the other members here do we step in.

We've all chosen sides by now. There are going to be very few people transitioning from anti vaccine to vaccine at this stage.

He is bothering me. Anybody else?

• Brayvehart likes this

#2357 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,228 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 12:51 PM

only 137 posts means your vote doesn't count yet  :banana:

Edited by dasmo, 07 January 2022 - 12:52 PM.

• Matt R. and Ismo07 like this

#2358 Arnold

Arnold
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 01:21 PM

Are you sure?

#2359 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 05:57 AM

I actually agree with Matt... I understand you may feel like that Dasmo because of the restrictions are really against the few now, but really it's mainly one crowd that belittle and name call the others "sheep". It mainly one crowd justifying biases by seeking like minded people, seeking out information to confirm beliefs...

Hmmmm …. Posting here in case anyone understands French…
https://rairfoundati...tic-extremists/

Edited by A Girl is No one, 08 January 2022 - 05:57 AM.

#2360 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 06:19 AM

And this one in English:
https://www.theglobe...cine-resisters/

And Macron in France called the unvaccinated non citizens and said we have to piss them off

There have been many open calls to withhold medical care for the unvaccinated.

In many places thé unvaccinated have been ordered to remain locked up in their homes. I think the Québec premier said something similar this week: there is nowhere for the unvaccinated other than home.

There is a huge list of these. Coming from people in positions of authority and echoed by the media. (Can anyone point me to a politician in power who is denigrating the vaccinated folks? Or a main stream media journalist? Any journalist? At most people ask for the right not to take the vaccine, I’ve never heard any attacks against people who are vaccinated).

Here in BC many unvaccinated are losing their jobs foe that reason alone.

I’m vaxxed by the way but I agree with Dasmo. The rhetoric is getting very scary.

Edited by A Girl is No one, 08 January 2022 - 06:27 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users