• 15,487 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 07:50 PM

^ One.

touché

#4142 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 07:56 PM

Throughout history we've learned that majority support for controversial government actions is normally a strong indicator of the legal and moral legitimacy of those controversial actions, isn't that right?

• Nparker and LJ like this

#4143 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 08:23 PM

The majority of the thousand people they asked…

#4144 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 08:26 PM

Plus they spent 10,000 hours reviewing that question in the commission. And when they had the decision makers on the stand and they asked “what legal grounds did you have since the grounds in the act were not met?” They answered “ask our lawyer.” They had when he was on the stand and he said “attorney client privilege. Don’t have to tell you”.

Edited by dasmo, 05 December 2022 - 08:26 PM.

#4145 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 11:25 PM

This thread has the other polls that had 20x the sample size. 1025 people. What a joke. https://twitter.com/...BO-TiUU7b5NsvfA

#4146 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,860 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 03:13 AM

Do you remember way back when central bankers were telling us that inflation was "transitory?"

Both the Bank of Canada's Tiff Macklem and Jerome Powell at the Federal Reserve used all their official authority and confidence to assure us at the start of the pandemic that prices, while rising faster than the two had hoped, would soon stop rising and inflation would go away all on its own. Rate hikes were not needed.

Well, as Macklem makes his final rate announcement of the year on Wednesday, amidst a warning of grocery prices rising by $1,000 and mortgage holders facing "trigger rates" to cover rising interest costs, it seems inconceivable that central bankers reversed that "transitory" stance only one year ago.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...ittis-1.6671963

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 06 December 2022 - 03:13 AM.

#4147 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,860 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 03:38 AM

Very few children under the age of 12 have been vaccinated against influenza, according to BC public health leaders who are renewing calls for parents to get their kids immunized.

Dr. Penny Ballem, the head of the province’s vaccination drives, said only one in five children aged six months to four years—who are most vulnerable to respiratory illnesses—have had the flu vaccine this season. She cited the same percentage for school-aged children, five to 11 years old.

https://www.capitald...-kids-illnesses

That's because we were consistently lied to about other vaccines.   It's too late to undo that damage.

Kids are getting sick.  Just like they always have.  What has changed is that we take them to the ER at the first sign of anything.  None of these sick kids are dying.  

“Nobody's asking for lockdowns, nobody's asking for restricted gatherings like we had in the middle of COVID but we need to do something now to prevent this onslaught of respiratory viruses,” Dr. Gandhi said. 

For the time being, Dr. Gandhi called for a temporary mask mandate in schools as one of the steps needed to prevent illnesses from spreading.

No.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 06 December 2022 - 03:43 AM.

• dasmo likes this

#4148 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 07:41 AM

No
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#4149 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 09:03 AM

The majority of the thousand people they asked…

I think that the poll is probably accurate. Like most things, it breaks down along political lines. If you don't count the 'somewhat in favour' crowd as supporters then we have a replay of the last Federal election.

#4150 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 10:57 AM

I think that the poll is probably accurate. Like most things, it breaks down along political lines. If you don't count the 'somewhat in favour' crowd as supporters then we have a replay of the last Federal election.

1025 people asked does not create an accurate picture or the opinion of 30,000,000....

#4151 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 12:00 PM

We knew this right?

Hogan estimates $4.6 billion was paid to people who were not eligible, while another $27.4 billion in payments to people and businesses should be further investigated.

COVID-19 benefits helped economy rebound, but post-payment verification lacking: AG | CP24.com

#4152 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 12:34 PM

And how could the trustworthy CBC report on their master like this...  outrageous...

Federal COVID-19 vaccine, benefits rollout swift but wasteful: AG | CBC News

• Brayvehart likes this

#4153 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 12:38 PM

"In 2020, the government decided to rely on information provided by applicants and limit pre-payment controls to expedite helping people and employers affected by the pandemic,"

Pandemic measures..... So government paying people for what they did to them. Paying for compliance. Businesses did NOT close because people were too sick to work or patronise them. 

#4154 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 02:48 PM

Round table on the current science on the vaccines tomorrow I think. https://twitter.com/...s8uTNALFF9b40MQ

#4155 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 03:19 PM

We knew this right?

Hogan estimates $4.6 billion was paid to people who were not eligible, while another $27.4 billion in payments to people and businesses should be further investigated.

COVID-19 benefits helped economy rebound, but post-payment verification lacking: AG | CP24.com

Of course we did as I have been saying it for since summer 2020! I wasn't just guessing, I know of lots of people who scammed the system and who firmly believe (and probably rightly so) that the worst that will happen to them is that they have to pay the money back and in all likelihood nobody will never be asked for it.

• Nparker and Ismo07 like this

#4156 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 03:59 PM

Technically it’s our money we have stolen. That we spent on rent and food etc. maybe some went to FTX who knows.
I would rather the money that left the province and the country to Pfizer be investigated. They have a criminal record already so…
  • Matt R. likes this

#4157 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 04:37 PM

Technically it’s our money we have stolen. That we spent on rent and food etc. maybe some went to FTX who knows.
I would rather the money that left the province and the country to Pfizer be investigated. They have a criminal record already so…

You stole some too?  You mean the royal 'we'?

Of course we did as I have been saying it for since summer 2020! I wasn't just guessing, I know of lots of people who scammed the system and who firmly believe (and probably rightly so) that the worst that will happen to them is that they have to pay the money back and in all likelihood nobody will never be asked for it.

Yeah I was being a little sarcastic...  Throughout time there are people who have committed some sort of fraud when there is free money.  Lot's are legit too....

Edited by Ismo07, 06 December 2022 - 04:38 PM.

#4158 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 04:43 PM

You stole some too?  You mean the royal 'we'?

Yeah I was being a little sarcastic...  Throughout time there are people who have committed some sort of fraud when there is free money.  Lot's are legit too....

Royal we. I don't steal. 

Edited by dasmo, 06 December 2022 - 04:53 PM.

#4159 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 04:45 PM

I even pay my taxes but that is so they don't kill me. 

• Matt R. likes this

#4160 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 04:46 PM

Also how do they know that much is stolen? Was there an investigation and trial? 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users