COVID ECONOMICS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4570 replies to this topic

#881 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,521 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:14 PM

Elective surgeries can also be life changing and life saving.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#882 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:41 PM

Which is a good reason to keep the pandemic in check.

• Brayvehart likes this

#883 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,962 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:45 PM

it’s a good reason to keep it away from those hardest hit by it. but why keep it away from those that have no symptoms or ill effects? those people should be allowed to do whatever they want.

#884 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:47 PM

No one is listening to your hare-brained "let the pandemic run unabated, and we can all just dodge it like a game of tag" nonsense.

• Matt R. and Brayvehart like this

#885 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,962 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:49 PM

ok good. if they were I was going to ask mike for some royalties on my posts.

#886 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:52 PM

You should consider some spin-offs, like "It's my choice if I want to work in a building with asbestos insulation" and "no one made you drink that lead-poisoned water." 

• Brayvehart and Victoria Watcher like this

#887 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,962 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 06:04 PM

don’t forget my new coal mine.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 14 August 2020 - 06:05 PM.

#888 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 07:32 PM

the bc government says it has helped 86,000 households with rental assistance so far.  that seems fairly small in the grand scheme of things. what do we have almost 2 million households in the province?  and nearly 1 million rental households?

A lot of landlords aren't declaring the income so they are just giving renters a break with no formal way to get that rent back.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#889 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 07:32 PM

not a single person under 47 has died in bc.

Any married ones?

#890 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 07:33 PM

It sure doesn't help that Horgan keeps saying things that encourage the outrageous behaviors.

Like what?

#891 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 06:46 AM

not a single person under 47 has died in bc.

So if a 45 year old dies, then will you say no one under 45 has died?  What is your threshold for this to be worrisome?  If you think this is only about death anyway, you have misread many previous posts.  It’s about keep the hospitals cleared and reducing the spread.  The economy will come back gradually, it’s not destroyed.. I’m not sure still what restrictions you would lift at this point.  Again I ask you, lift all restrictions and travel bans?

• Brayvehart likes this

#892 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,962 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 06:56 AM

lift all travel bans for those under 50.

let businesses decide on regulations pertaining to their own staff and customers.  post it at the door.

i'm not sure if you read dasmo's posts but there is nearly nobody in hospital with covid.  the vast majority that get it never spend any significant time at hospital.  since they just get through it.

bc has a grand total of 16 people in the hospital today.  bc has 5600 hospital beds.  and almost nobody that reports to hospital with covid takes one.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 15 August 2020 - 07:26 AM.

#893 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,521 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:22 AM

A person on our Facebook page who went into that 7-11 has called 811, and she says they told her it’s ok for her to go to work, despite authorities broadly asking that patrons self-isolate for two weeks.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#894 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,962 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:31 AM

A person on our Facebook page who went into that 7-11 has called 811, and she says they told her it’s ok for her to go to work, despite authorities broadly asking that patrons self-isolate for two weeks.

they do not need to isolate if they have no symptoms.

this thing does not spread that easily for gosh sakes.  just buying wonder bread from the 7-11 probably is not going to give it to you.

#895 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,521 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:34 AM

Nope.

Know it all.

#896 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,962 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:36 AM

plus wonder bread is quite nutritious.  so even if they get it they will likely fight it off in 1 or 2 days.

#fakecovidfacts

#897 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 02:26 PM

I'm still waiting for surgery I likely would have had sometime in March. But before I could have the surgery, I had to go to the hospital for a couple of tests, which were also delayed. I finally had the second one in July, out at Saanich Peninsula Hospital. I can now have my surgery, but have no date yet. I will be so glad to get out of this limbo. It's not life-threatening, but it hasn't been fun. Restricts life in many ways.

• Mike K. likes this

#898 tanker

tanker
  • Banned
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:33 PM

I'm still waiting for surgery I likely would have had sometime in March. But before I could have the surgery, I had to go to the hospital for a couple of tests, which were also delayed. I finally had the second one in July, out at Saanich Peninsula Hospital. I can now have my surgery, but have no date yet. I will be so glad to get out of this limbo. It's not life-threatening, but it hasn't been fun. Restricts life in many ways.

Ha ha things that didn't happen. No one has been affected by the surgery cancellations. They're all elective nice try.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#899 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 07:10 AM

Sorry to hear that mbjj. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later.

#900 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 02:05 PM

Ha ha things that didn't happen. No one has been affected by the surgery cancellations. They're all elective nice try.

Well since I have part of my intestines on the outside of my body, I think it is far from elective.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users