42nd British Columbia Provincial Election and term | October 2020 - 2024

• Please log in to reply
1986 replies to this topic

#1001 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 04 November 2021 - 02:58 PM

I had a very similar conversation about secretaries, but keep in mind another class of secretaries, at the highest echelons of power in the world: Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense etc.

Just the same as Spy Black said :)

Edited by lanforod, 04 November 2021 - 02:58 PM.

• todd likes this

#1002 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 07:24 PM

Presumably, the cancer is a result of COVID. 

No, apparently the cause was climate change.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1003 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,730 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 08:02 PM

No, apparently the cause was climate change.

COVID was caused by climate change - or vice-versa. I can never remember which.

• A Girl is No one likes this

#1004 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 08:20 AM

He is a loveable character.

#1005 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 08:21 AM

COVID was caused by climate change - or vice-versa. I can never remember which.

“As Earth Warms, the Diseases That May Lie within Permafrost Become a Bigger Worry”: https://www.scientif...a-bigger-worry/

#1006 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,730 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 08:29 AM

He is a loveable character.

I thought that as well (to some extent) before the completely unnecessary provincial election in the midst of the pandemic in September last year.  :mad:

#1007 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 08:35 AM

I thought that as well (to some extent) before the completely unnecessary provincial election in the midst of the pandemic in September last year.  :mad:

Love and like are two different matters, I won’t be commenting any further on either.

#1008 JimV

JimV
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 08:48 AM

I see the Amazing Invisible Woman, Grace Lore, has popped up to demand that people use correct pronouns (TC, letters, Dec 10.)  It is reassuring that she (??) is focused like a laser on issues of paramount importance to Victorians.  

• Nparker likes this

#1009 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,730 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 08:53 AM

From now on I will refer to Grace Lore as "it".

#1010 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 08:55 AM

Np, come on, that's not respectful. You can disagree with someone without denigrating them.

Let's all remember to rise above, take the high road, etc. Be the common sense and respectful samaritan you'd like to see more often in our society. We could really use that right now from our older demographic.

• sebberry, John M. and m3m like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1011 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,730 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 08:57 AM

Np, come on, that's not respectful. You can disagree with someone without denigrating them....

I stand by my statement. You don't have to like it. Respect is earned and Grace Lore has not earned mine.

#1012 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,995 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 09:00 AM

Np, come on, that's not respectful. You can disagree with someone without denigrating them.

Let's all remember to rise above, take the high road, etc. Be the common sense and respectful samaritan you'd like to see more often in our society. We could really use that right now from our older demographic.

The problem is if we do not know their "preferred pronouns" (we can't know them for everyone) and use "her" and that's not it, we are criticized.

So "it" might be just as offensive as "her".

It's all such garbage.

• Nparker likes this

#1013 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 10:05 AM

I stand by my statement. You don't have to like it. Respect is earned and Grace Lore has not earned mine.

I'm looking at it more along the lines of how you project yourself to the world, and how you want to be thought of, that was my point. You do you, for sure.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1014 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,995 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 10:10 AM

I'm looking at it more along the lines of how you project yourself to the world, and how you want to be thought of, that was my point. You do you, for sure.

I disagree. 

It's the liberals that want to impose some type of new language code after thousands of years.   If someone pushes back against that rather than caving to the woke, I think that's great.

• Nparker likes this

#1015 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 10:11 AM

From now on I will refer to Grace Lore as "it".

https://youtu.be/Aoj5qIZvwWA

• Nparker likes this

#1016 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 10:14 AM

You don't have to cave to anything. Just be respectful. Grace under pressure, as they say.

But I'm nobody's dad. You guys do you, just know how others who may agree with you in spirit can still perceive some of the off-side comments.

Know it all.

#1017 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,730 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 10:17 AM

You don't have to cave to anything. Just be respectful...

Repeating for those in the back of the room. Respect is earned. Grace Lore has not earned my respect; not as a person and certainly not as a politician.

#1018 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 10:18 AM

Straight from the young woke playbook.

Be better, old man. Or the kids will be lost forever.

• Matt R. and John M. like this

Know it all.

#1019 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,730 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 10:20 AM

The kids have been lost for years now. 

#1020 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,995 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 10:21 AM

Ridicule of the pronouns thing seems like a good idea to me.  Drive the silly idea back to where it belongs, in the garbage can.

We sane ones should not just politely go along with whatever new language the left wants to impose, whenever they want to impose it.

Case in point:

It appears that the debate over inclusivity in language has a new chapter after the poll by Bendixen & Amandi International, a leading Democratic firm specializing in Latino outreach, found that only 2% of the population is comfortable with using the term “Latinx” to describe their ethnicity.

The new poll was conducted among 800 registered Latino voters in the United States, and interviews were conducted in English and Spanish. The margin of error is 3.46%.

While the neologism “Latinx” emerged as a more gender-neutral appellation, the Bendixen & Amandi International survey found that 40% of respondents said the term “Latinx” bothers or offends them to some degree, and 30% said they would be less likely to support a politician or organization that uses the term.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 10 December 2021 - 10:21 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users