BUILT
Wilson Commons
Uses: townhome, condo
Address: 208-240 Wilson Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 2
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Wilson Commons is a townhome and condominium development along the 200-block of Wilson Street in the City of V... (view full profile)
Learn more about Wilson Commons on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Wilson Commons | Townhomes; condos | Built - completed in 2021

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 TheCesspit

TheCesspit
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 02:04 PM

Pricing and sales have started for this small townhome development on Wilson in Vic West - just near to the Save on Foods.

http://wilsoncommons.ca/

1 beds (478 sq ft) start at $415,000

2 beds (1031 sq ft) start at $760,000 with 3 at a covenanted 15% of market price as 'affordable' units at $646,000

3 beds (1149 sq ft) at $835,000

Price per square foot seems excessive to me - the 1 bedroom units seem really expensive, but I am not an expert.

#2 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 03:09 PM

Also a big jump in price and square footage going from one to two bedrooms, with a lesser jump up to three bedrooms.

#3 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 03:30 PM

You're looking at $100-150 less per sqft at the nearby Railyards, there's even a 2-bed at the newest release with similar size priced the same as the "affordable" options.That sort of low-rise/townhome blend is not common though, so while I don't think it'll sell fast the builders will eventually get what they want. 

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 03:37 PM

Are we sure the Railyards is priced at $1,050 per square foot?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:18 PM

Are we sure the Railyards is priced at $1,050 per square foot?

Oh, I meant the other way around.

#6 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:24 PM

^You said it the right way.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#7 TheCesspit

TheCesspit
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 02:36 PM

Also a big jump in price and square footage going from one to two bedrooms, with a lesser jump up to three bedrooms.

The three beds sacrifice a bathroom as well on the top level, along with a wider frontage.

The $/sqft was my rough smell test on the pricing - I am sure they may well sell, just isn't a lower end development that was previously hinted at in the letters to council - and none of these units have additional strata stroage, meaning space is really at a premium on the one bed units.

#8 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 August 2020 - 06:38 PM

Interesting project, going up quite quickly. 

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#9 TheCesspit

TheCesspit
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 01:57 PM

Think they've said they are using lots of prefabricated parts for the framing, so that must be speeding things along.

#10 vicwest32

vicwest32
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 08:39 PM

These absolutely look like British row housing and absolutely hideous.  Is stucco back?  Not sure how this got approved with all the nice heritage homes in the area.  Perhaps it was intended to fit in with the crappy looking duplexes that line the neighborhood.  Sales have been slow going.

• Dr. Barillas likes this

#11 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:53 PM

I couldn't disagree more. I think it looks great and want to see more like it around Victoria. 

#12 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:37 PM

I couldn't disagree more. I think it looks great and want to see more like it around Victoria.

Yeah, density needs to increase on that end of Wilson, and these fit the bill well.

#13 Vibrantvicwest

Vibrantvicwest
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 12:06 PM

These absolutely look like British row housing and absolutely hideous. Is stucco back? Not sure how this got approved with all the nice heritage homes in the area. Perhaps it was intended to fit in with the crappy looking duplexes that line the neighborhood. Sales have been slow going.

I also couldn’t disagree more! These are fantastic. Every single other townhouse development in Vic is designed with a giant garage at street level, making for limited curb appeal. The street-walk-up design of Wilson Commons reminds me of old brownstones in NYC (especially the flat roof buildings; the peak roof buildings are very San Fran). It is more European than then car-centric design of most North American developments. Wilson Commons add visual interest and a lovely bridge between the heritage homes of Vic west and the nearby modern west coast style of the rail yards. Kudos to the developers, I say!
  • Kapten Kapsell, Matt R., Mattjvd and 1 other like this

#14 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:36 AM

156221595_2533973240243263_9437316024220

156847284_480149756332778_27499784407768

• JohnsonStBridge likes this

#15 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,401 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:41 AM

I like the idea and form of these townhouses a lot. I am not terribly keen on some of the cladding materials though. The narrow-width horizontal siding looks kind of cheap and undifferentiated. Some shingles or such at the roof peaks might have helped. 

#16 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 02 March 2021 - 01:55 PM

I like the idea and form of these townhouses a lot. I am not terribly keen on some of the cladding materials though. The narrow-width horizontal siding looks kind of cheap and undifferentiated. Some shingles or such at the roof peaks might have helped. 

100% agree. It's kind of an odd mix of Montreal triplex and St. John's "jellybean row." Or perhaps a series of darts thrown at this webpage: https://streeteasy.c...t-common-types/

A more unified cladding material (but not colour) would have gone a long way. The brick unit between clapboard units is a head-scratcher.

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:43 PM

Yup, I checked it out today. It’s a good looking project.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#18 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 11:41 AM

I quite like it, and think it'll look a lot better once landscaped. I think more rowhouses and townhouses all up and down Wilson, Catherine, and Alston Streets would make for a more interesting and dynamic neighbourhood, and it would be a good transition from the more suburban areas of Vic West to the more dense Dockside/Railyards/Bayview areas. I went for a lengthy walk around Vic West the other day and it really is an underrated neighbourhood. Even the more single family home-centric areas have an interesting mix of retail, corner stores, light industry, townhouses, and small apartments.

• Mike K., AllseeingEye, Matt R. and 2 others like this

#19 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:10 PM

It was a fantastic neighbourbood to grow up in, that’s for sure.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

#20 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 11:17 PM

Always wanted to buy in Vic West, where we lived, but it wasn’t affordable so we moved to saanich. :)

Matt.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users