Photo

Royal Aroma, Sidney.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 04:58 PM

New Indian "bistro" taken over the old Bistro Swiss.

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,690 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 05:27 PM

I guess they chose not to use my suggested name for the restaurant: Smells Like Queen Spirit.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#3 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 07:03 AM

Very little seating. Maybe relying on takeout.

Swiss Bistro was one of my favourites on the island. it will be missed.

• Mike K. likes this

#4 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 09:26 AM

Very little seating. Maybe relying on takeout.

Swiss Bistro was one of my favourites on the island. it will be missed.

They have expanded outdoor onto a small terrace, probably seats 10/12 ?

#5 exc911ence

exc911ence
  • 757 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 01:47 PM

Is it just me or does the word aroma have a bit of a negative connotation to it?

The official definition leans more towards a pleasant smell but...

Full disclosure: I used to work around a "natural" man who didn't believe in anti-perspirant... everyone called him Tony Aroma. Since then aroma has always meant a bad smell to me.... like the aroma of a rendering plant... or the aroma of a waste-water treatment facility... or the aroma of dog crap in the spring when the winter's snow melts... or the aroma of marijuana EVERYWHERE now....  :whyme:

• Nparker and SimonH like this

#6 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 26 August 2020 - 02:57 PM

Is it just me or does the word aroma have a bit of a negative connotation to it?

Full disclosure: I used to work around a "natural" man who didn't believe in anti-perspirant... everyone called him Tony Aroma. Since then aroma has always meant a bad smell to me.... like the aroma of a rendering plant... or the aroma of a waste-water treatment facility... or the aroma of dog crap in the spring when the winter's snow melts... or the aroma of marijuana EVERYWHERE now....  :whyme:

I associate the same negative feeling with it. I wonder if the word "aroma" is similar to a Hindi word though, because I have seen it used in Indian restaurants all over the place. London, Toronto, New Zealand... there's even one in Port Moody.

Unrelated to India, but I also remember walking past a Hotel Aroma in Kuala Lumpur...

#7 johnk2

johnk2
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 03:27 PM

When it comes to unwashed people I prefer "bouquet". 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users