[Murder] Lindsay Buziak

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,797 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:27 AM

The capital went to court to get access to 1600 documents.

Earlier this year, Capital Daily went to court seeking previously unreleased documents on the investigation into the death of Lindsay Buziak. Over a decade has passed with no arrests, and as the Saanich Police have repeatedly said, its investigation has “exhausted” various avenues of inquiry.

In Canada, the public has the constitutional right to access court documents, except in unusual cases that meet stringent criteria. On September 11, the Saanich Police and Crown consented to release dozens of judicial authorizations related to the case, for the first time giving a behind-the-scenes look at the search for those responsible for Buziak’s death.

https://www.capitald...-2008-documents

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 October 2020 - 06:28 AM.

#2 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,797 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:42 AM

Based on cell tower information, police appear to know the area where the phone was purchased, and where the person or people who used the phone are “mostly likely from.” They also determined there was a second phone that had been used to check the voicemail of the first, and therefore suspected that two “crime phones” and various “conspirators” had planned and facilitated Buziak’s death. Eventually, the Saanich Police found the real identity of the owner of both phones, though that name — for now — remains blacked out.

interesting.

#3 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 11:07 AM

there was that alleged confession/boast on the dad's website in 2017 & there seems to be a lot more in more recent comments: https://lindsaybuzia...ce-for-lindsay/

like any other comment section I wouldn't know how much of it is accurate or worth looking into

Edited by amor de cosmos, 03 October 2020 - 01:22 PM.

• TwilightZoneVictoria likes this

#4 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 02:23 PM

actually forget that site, this retired RCMP detective seems to have better info than anonymous comments: http://dyingwords.ne...buziaks-murder/
this site has similar stuff but I can't tell who runs it: https://murderondesousa.com/
  • TwilightZoneVictoria likes this

#5 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,797 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 03:09 PM

actually forget that site, this retired RCMP detective seems to have better info than anonymous comments: http://dyingwords.ne...buziaks-murder/
this site has similar stuff but I can't tell who runs it: https://murderondesousa.com/

wow.

#6 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,139 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 05:04 PM

Wow

#7 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:39 PM

yeah I hadn't followed it very closely but after looking into it a bit more, it could be johnnie to's next movie

Edited by amor de cosmos, 03 October 2020 - 06:44 PM.

#8 missy

missy
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 10:43 AM

Zander Sherman, the investigative journalist for the Capital News  brought to light critical information in the  Lindsay Buziak case that had never been made public.  I look forward to his follow up story as it will likely  uncover more details of the case that have not been heard before.

In regards to  murderondesousa.com, I found the information on that site  to be most informative & intriguing.  I will be watching that site for further updates.

#9 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 08:10 AM

^ i discovered later that it seems to be partly plagiarized from https://murderinsaanich.com/ but the information & conclusion is very similar to what that rcmp detective has. judging by what aspects of the case they're interested in & the sort of questions they ask, the original author (whoever they are) seems to have worked on that sort of thing before

since lindsay's re/max receptionist "friend" later worked for the provincial government, someone requested information about what she did for them: here

seems to be more receptionist stuff but involving handling very confidential information in the ministry of finance. maybe not much different from what she did for re/max years earlier. what are the chances that some of that information concerned her associates or rivals? hundreds of pages were withheld due to the foippa but I'm sure any competent investigator with knowledge of government temp job offers, security screening process, bcgeu stuff & by asking the right people would have been able to fill in the blanks

Edited by amor de cosmos, 05 October 2020 - 08:24 AM.

• Sparky likes this

#10 missy

missy
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 10:10 AM

Amor,  I agree,  from my observations it appears that the retired detective from the dying words site has taken all his material from the Murder in Saanich site.  The Murder in Saanich site was up and running long before the retired cop entered the scene.  However, it is good to see that the two sites are in agreement as

to who is behind Lindsay Buziak murder.  

#11 TwilightZoneVictoria

TwilightZoneVictoria
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 11:55 AM

Back when it happened had heard through the grapevine that people thought that the boyfriend and his mom were suspicious or at least involved in some questionable dealings themselves. 

• missy likes this

#12 missy

missy
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 09:04 PM

Amor, if you were referring to  "partly plagiarized" by the Murder on Desousa blog I would have to disagree.   I was a regular follower of the Murder in Saanich Blog for years and clearly the two blogs have a different agenda.  The MIS blog has always defended the Zailo family, while the MOD blog clearly points at the Zailo family as having some kind of involvement. (however small)  The MOD blog may have copied the Calgary Drug bust timeline but I have seen that timeline on many other sites.  It is very confusing but I think both sites have a lot to offer, just very different opinions.  

#13 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 12:01 PM

Amor, if you were referring to  "partly plagiarized" by the Murder on Desousa blog I would have to disagree.   I was a regular follower of the Murder in Saanich Blog for years and clearly the two blogs have a different agenda.  The MIS blog has always defended the Zailo family, while the MOD blog clearly points at the Zailo family as having some kind of involvement. (however small)  The MOD blog may have copied the Calgary Drug bust timeline but I have seen that timeline on many other sites.  It is very confusing but I think both sites have a lot to offer, just very different opinions.  

from MIS:

The author of this website is NOT affiliated with the blog “murder on Desousa” or the author.  The blog content on MOD pertaining to the “Calgary drug bust/murder timeline/potential suspects” along with other content was copied from this website without the author’s consent. The Author of MOD used her admin privileges/user role on this website to copy specific blog content from this website to her blog.

This website was developed for the sole purpose of sharing as much accurate/factual information as possible surrounding the unsolved murder of Lindsay Buziak and was never intended to be used as another platform to rehash and embellish gossip about the Zailo’s all over again.  That was the “mutual agreement” between the author and the admin before the development of this website in 2017.

i don't have an opinion on what exactly, or how much was pasted from the MIS site as I didn't see it when it was up. I only think that the conclusions on MOD seem to be well thought-out. I think you should clarify what you mean when you write 'defended the zailo family' since the author of MOD states unequivocally that the zailos played no part in buziak's murder. not "some kind of involvement however small" as you say. I suppose an issue I have is that, being kind of new to the details of this story, it seems to be very black-&-white where some people will say that the zailos are evil and obviously they were behind it & others agree with the police who cleared them in this one specific case so therefore they must be model, hard-working, law-abiding ned-flanderses. so the MOD site lands somewhere in the middle, re: the zailos. if what it has on them is accurate then then that is important relevant context in my opinion if the calgary bust is what got the ball rolling. maybe all the suspicion of the zailos especially in the beginning was/is instigated by the real conspirators in an attempt to pin it on the boyfriend (or at least deflect attention from themselves), and that could have been a factor in targeting buziak? maybe they had good reasons to do that, in their own minds? i don't mean that i'm sure of that but isn't it something to consider?

Edited by amor de cosmos, 09 October 2020 - 12:25 PM.

• Brayvehart likes this

#14 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:56 PM

btw if trying to get the boyfriend to take the blame for buziak's murder seems like overkill I think it was a case of the conspirators doing the best with what they had at the time. since we haven't had any other murders connected to this case and the cops know who tipped off the calgary police & their identity for obvious reasons is a closely-guarded secret, I would say that person is still alive. if they're still alive I tend to think that the killers never found out who that person is, and to this day still don't know. but the calgary bust cost them $8 million in the end and they couldn't afford to let that go. so they had to kill somebody to save face, send a message, etc. ideally they would find out who the snitch was right away & rub them out, except it seems they tried for a couple months and didn't get anywhere. why they stopped then I wouldn't know. but they went to plan b and had to pick someone. i've read online that at least one of the suspects didn't like buziak that much, and the receptionist "friend" thought the zailos were "pure evil" (i know i know, internet comments) and if true that could be why buziak was targeted. after seeing the reaction to her death when it happened & knowing she was popular, ambitious, had a bright future in the legit world, etc that also may have been a factor, to show the rest of us they'll still kill someone in spite of all that. but their first choice would obviously have been to get the one who ratted them out. maybe they didn't think buziak or the zailos deserved to die but in their own minds they had no choice. just another thought

Edited by amor de cosmos, 09 October 2020 - 04:07 PM.

• Brayvehart likes this

#15 missy

missy
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 07:07 PM

Anon,  I agree that the comments on MOD have been very well thought out and the comments are  based on a lot of factual information.  The MIS site saw the Zailo's as innocent victims while the MOD site sees serious flaws in that theory.  It may have been that difference of opinion why one party left to start up another site.  The receptionist did make the statement "the Zailo's are pure evil", the question is why did she say it.  Either she knew something about them, or she was deflecting away from who she knew was really involved.  Maybe one day we will know the truth.    

#16 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,997 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 12:05 PM

Zander Sherman, the investigative journalist for the Capital News  brought to light critical information in the  Lindsay Buziak case that had never been made public.  I look forward to his follow up story as it will likely  uncover more details of the case that have not been heard before.

In regards to  murderondesousa.com, I found the information on that site  to be most informative & intriguing.  I will be watching that site for further updates.

I didn't find anything new in the Capital News story. There has been lots of information and gossip about this case as we all know. Reporters that I know who have been following this case don't report details because they don't add value to public discourse, cast doubt or suspicion on individuals without proof, and/or cause distress to people who have already suffered.

• Mike K. likes this

#17 missy

missy
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 09:55 PM

Amor, I do not believe the MOD site is saying the Zailo family are innocent.  As I read it, they are saying that the Saanich Police cleared the family of having any involvement.  Does that make them innocent, who can really know?  The MOD author claims that they knew Lindsay's friend Rianne on a personal level,  surely they can back that statement up.  The information posted about the Zailo's is accurate,  if it wasn't,  the statements on that site would never have been made.

#18 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 11:50 PM

Hard to know if anything substantive is afoot, or if this is just an attempt to shake the tree a little. Tuesday is the anniversary of the murder. Odd time to do a release, as well.

Saanich Police Say They Are Investigating New Leads in the Murder of Lindsay Buziak, working with FBI

CHEK News

Investigators with the Saanich Police Department say they have new leads in the unsolved murder case of realtor Lindsay Buziak and are now working with the FBI.

Attached Images

• buziak1.png
  • buziak2.png

#19 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,324 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 01 February 2021 - 10:29 AM

The FBI? Isn't that rather unusual? Maybe there is a US connection?

#20 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 02:29 PM

I'd suspect that they take an annual look at unsolved crimes like this, so while the timing might seem 'odd', it's not really..

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users