Photo

2021 Canadian General Election and term discussion

• Please log in to reply
2732 replies to this topic

#1741 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 07:53 PM

For me as someone in the community it would mean a lot.

Well, PP was raised by an openly gay father and his partner, so I think going in a parade would be meaningless. He can do it if he wants, I wouldn't bother.

And nobody in the party is talking anti-abortion either, thank god that discussion is over in Canada, look at the mess in the US.

• Nparker and sebberry like this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1742 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 08:36 PM

And is married to a Venezuelan-Canadian.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1743 GaryOak

GaryOak
  • 707 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 09:18 PM

As far as I can tell he voted against gay marriage even though his father was out at the time. A bit heartless to me, he could have at least abstained from voting.
  • Brayvehart likes this

#1744 GaryOak

GaryOak
  • 707 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 09:25 PM

Just go to a pride parade. Politics is all about what ribbons you wear.
  • Brayvehart likes this

#1745 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 06:23 AM

I start by making an observation. Had the people of Nepean--Carleton chosen to elect my predecessor, to send him back to the floor of this House of Commons, while he personally supports the traditional definition of marriage and while he has conceded that the people of his former riding support the traditional definition of marriage, he, as a member of Prime Minister's cabinet, would have been forced to vote against his constituents, against his conscience and in favour of the Prime Minister's gay marriage bill. That is a violation not only of one man's conscience but of an entire community's trust.

Thankfully, he was not re-elected, and people sent to Parliament Hill someone who has the conviction to represent the interests of his constituents but who also has a leader who will permit him to do so. That is why I am fortunate to stand here today to defend both my constituents and my conscience.

Our Prime Minister, our Liberal Prime Minister, has made gay marriage the top priority of his first year in office. That means we will ultimately be voting on whether or not to preserve the traditional family. I believe in approaching this subject in a manner that is respectful of both sides of the debate. That is why I am so disappointed with the meanspirited and intolerant approach that our Prime Minister and his Liberal Party have taken.
https://openparliame...ilievre-1/only/

Edited by dasmo, 21 April 2023 - 07:16 AM.

#1746 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 06:40 AM

As far as I can tell he voted against gay marriage even though his father was out at the time. A bit heartless to me, he could have at least abstained from voting.

So did Hillary Clinton, so did Joe Biden.

People change, though. That’s a good thing. But depending on which party they belong to, the press will call their changing views an “evolution,” or something similar.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1747 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationJames Bay, Victoria

Posted 21 April 2023 - 08:43 AM

So did Hillary Clinton, so did Joe Biden.

People change, though. That’s a good thing. But depending on which party they belong to, the press will call their changing views an “evolution,” or something similar.

The "gay" marriage change in the U.S. was remarkable. As far as observations of changing values... pollsters confirmed they'd never seen such a rapid shift from majority against to majority for. One of the reasons discussed was media presentations of gay relationships, but the most impactful seemed to be that lawmakers almost all had a loved one, or close friend, who was gay and they couldn't reconcile their negative concept with the person they knew.

• Brayvehart and GaryOak like this

#1748 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 21 April 2023 - 08:52 AM

If Poilievre's position is that he has to vote how the majority of his constituents want him to, in spite of his own personal beliefs, that's very admirable. 

#1749 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 09:21 AM

The progressive way is for the few to rule the many. It doesn’t matter what you think. If it’s not from the Davos manual it’s unacceptable views….

#1750 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 09:23 AM

Pride started as a good thing. It’s been co-opted as a tool to divide by making it oppressive. You must wear the rainbow jersey or be outcast. So ironic.
  • Nparker likes this

#1751 GaryOak

GaryOak
  • 707 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 10:01 AM

The progressive way is for the few to rule the many. It doesn’t matter what you think. If it’s not from the Davos manual it’s unacceptable views….

If you think PP isn't working for the billionaires then I got a bridge to sell you.
  • Brayvehart likes this

#1752 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 10:22 AM

See. It never ends.

Even if PP walked in every pride parade in the country, that wouldn't change a thing.

Know it all.

#1753 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 10:35 AM

If you think PP isn't working for the billionaires then I got a bridge to sell you.

He is a politician… I don’t wear ribbons or buy bridges….

#1754 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 10:37 AM

But… The billionaires Trudeau works for are super gross with their doublespeak. Like my “My body my choice” except if we want to inject you with government juice….

Edited by dasmo, 21 April 2023 - 10:39 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#1755 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationJames Bay, Victoria

Posted 22 April 2023 - 11:00 AM

See. It never ends.

Even if PP walked in every pride parade in the country, that wouldn't change a thing.

For the ones who want the job, politics of every flavour is performative... not new.

TV started it; SM perfected it.

• Nparker and dasmo like this

#1756 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 24 April 2023 - 03:47 PM

The most epic gaslighting of all time!!!
https://twitter.com/...QrcObpkhVXe97Jg

Trudeau "There are potential side effects in vaccinations. And there are people who've probably gotten very sick from vaccinations...While not forcing anyone to get vaccinated, I chose to make sure all the incentives and all the protections were there to encourage Canadians to get vaccinated."

Look at all the posts that follow.

Clown world reality edition
  • Nparker and LJ like this

#1757 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 24 April 2023 - 07:28 PM

Do we think he believes the lies he continually spouts?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1758 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 24 April 2023 - 08:39 PM

No. His qualifications are in drama class….

#1759 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 08:03 AM

Thank goodness we had a leader like Justin Trudeau to handle the pandemic. Can you just imagine how a clown like PeePee would have dealt with it.

• Brayvehart likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#1760 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 09:12 AM

Clown world gratitude edition.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users