• Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 04:56 PM

Yup, all stats for Monday.

Garrick’s is at 30%.

Big one: Bard at 40%.

Irish Times at 60%.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#402 JimV

JimV
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 05:03 PM

Wasn’t it just a few weeks ago that we were told unions are on board with forced vaccination of their members? What changed?

Maybe it’s because the “science” changes on this every few weeks.  Masks were bad, then good, then bad again, then good.  The latest studies suggest they are minimally effective at preventing transmission for a few hours when clean and well fitted.  Which means for most of us it’s just virus theatre, but we’re grasping at straws.

The vaccines were initially hailed as the solution.  Now we know that while effective at preventing infection and suffering severe symptoms this protection is relatively short lived.  The longer term side effects of the vaccine itself, if any, are unknown.

The utility of lockdowns and the like is still being disputed by many in the medical community though politicians seem to like them.

So really, nobody knows nuthin’ though those in authority like to pretend that they do.

• Mike K. and A Girl is No one like this

#403 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 06:11 PM

...Dr BH said there would be an exemption on religious grounds so maybe that is the out for them.

And suddenly everyone will have found god.

#404 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 07:42 PM

The biggest story so far this election is the PPC's rise to 6.5%, according to poll tracker (which is also projecting the Libs as 0.6% ahead of the Cons).

In 2019 the PPC secured 1.6%, while the Greens secured 6.5%. And lest we forget, Scheer actually garnered the popular vote, with 34.34% of the vote vs. Trudeau's 33.12%. The seats for the two leading parties were 121 and 157, respectively. Square that.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#405 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 07:47 PM

The biggest story so far this election is the PPC's rise to 6.5%, according to poll tracker (which is also projecting the Libs as 0.6% ahead of the Cons).

In 2019 the PPC secured 1.6%, while the Greens secured 6.5%. And lest we forget, Scheer actually garnered the popular vote, with 34.34% of the vote vs. Trudeau's 33.12%. The seats for the two leading parties were 121 and 157, respectively. Square that.

What’s the margin of error? 3-3.5%?

#406 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 07:49 PM

The individual polls are all different, I suppose. The poll tracker is an aggregate. But to see the Liberals surging ahead seems bizarre, when just a week ago the press was saying once a party breaks out like the Cons did, their lead is secured. So already we've gone from A to Z as far as punditry is concerned.

Know it all.

#407 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 07:49 PM

Went voting today… everyone behind me (three people) showed up without a voter card and without ID. They all got to vote anyway because they had a friend - who also had no voter card or ID to vouch for them.
Is that ok? Makes no sense to me.

Edited by A Girl is No one, 13 September 2021 - 07:50 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#408 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 08:21 PM

That’s pretty wild. Where did you vote?

Know it all.

#409 qv

qv
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 08:49 PM

It's pretty simple. Cons ran up the score in Alberta and Saskatchewan with large majorities of the vote. It's the same thing that happens in the US, where Democrats consistently win the popular vote in Presidential elections, but actually need to win by several points to take the office. Winning California by a wide margin doesn't earn any more electoral votes, just like sweeping Alberta doesn't earn any bonus ridings.
  • Mike K. and Brayvehart like this

#410 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 08:49 PM

Went voting today… everyone behind me (three people) showed up without a voter card and without ID. They all got to vote anyway because they had a friend - who also had no voter card or ID to vouch for them.
Is that ok? Makes no sense to me.

The voucher is supposed to have the proof of ID and residence, but a voter card is not required.

https://www.election...nt=index&lang=e

But what I’m curious to know is how you determined that the vouchers had no ID and proof of residence. One would think that once you went through the lineup, you’d proceed to mark your ballot rather that stick around to check on the people behind you.
  • Brayvehart likes this

#411 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 09:03 PM

That’s pretty wild. Where did you vote?

Cool street village

#412 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 09:16 PM

The voucher is supposed to have the proof of ID and residence, but a voter card is not required.

https://www.election...nt=index&lang=e

But what I’m curious to know is how you determined that the vouchers had no ID and proof of residence. One would think that once you went through the lineup, you’d proceed to mark your ballot rather that stick around to check on the people behind you.

We had to wait in line. As people came in, the first attendant would check out voter cards to make sure we were in the right place.
As we waited in line, we saw the next three people showing up after us and could hear their responses.
Then once inside, these people were sent to the registrar and I could still hear the conversation while I was waiting to proceed to the voting station.
  • Nparker likes this

#413 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 09:31 PM

We had to wait in line. As people came in, the first attendant would check out voter cards to make sure we were in the right place.
As we waited in line, we saw the next three people showing up after us and could hear their responses.
Then once inside, these people were sent to the registrar and I could still hear the conversation while I was waiting to proceed to the voting station.

In that case, would you please report this to Elections Canada? I mean that sincerely.

I will forever regret not reporting a robocall I received several elections ago, with the lie that my polling place had been moved. Being an early riser I had already voted, but that attempt to stifle my only definite act of participation in democracy was abominable.
  • Mike K., Nparker, Awaiting Juno and 1 other like this

#414 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:33 AM

“Linda O'Leary found not guilty in fatal boat crash”: https://www.cbc.ca/n...crash-1.6174808

https://youtu.be/PkbWBDeLrJ4

#415 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,645 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:35 AM

“Linda O'Leary found not guilty in fatal boat crash”:...

But her cow is still on the hook for the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.

• John M. and JimV like this

#416 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:38 AM

where is ISMO, that football game must have started.

I was at Slims,  they had a decent evening for a Monday after school has started and where new restrictions have come in place.

#417 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:58 AM

List of media who received Trudeau bucks (tax payer paid) conveniently just before the election…again…

I notice the Tyee got $360K!!

https://d3n8a8pro7vh....pdf?1631576284

Also includes one called « bacon is magic »

Edited by A Girl is No one, 14 September 2021 - 10:09 AM.

#418 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,781 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:18 AM

Daily Hive got $0.5M.

#419 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:20 AM

Story on the media bribes:
https://www.canadala...bc-erin-otoole/
  • Wayne likes this

#420 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,420 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 12:01 PM

That’s something.

And the public is ok with this?

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

m3m