Photo

2021 Canadian General Election and term discussion

• Please log in to reply
2732 replies to this topic

#1101 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 06:52 AM

The federal Liberals and the NDP = a marriage of convenience made in fiscal hell.

#1102 JimV

JimV
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 05:48 PM

Meanwhile, while they’re waiting for daycare and minimalist dental care the major health care problem in the country - the shortage of family doctors - will only get worse.

• Nparker and phx like this

#1103 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,294 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 01:03 PM

Trudeau was at this event but reporters did not witness any of the protests or racial slurs? They only have what the Liberal MP says?

https://www.cbc.ca/n...rance-1.6464856

An earlier version of this story also said that Liberal organizers asked a reporter to leave.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 May 2022 - 01:04 PM.

#1104 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 09:46 AM

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau cancelled plans to appear in person at a Liberal fundraiser in British Columbia Tuesday after RCMP warned an aggressive protest outside the event could escalate if he arrived, said a source close to the decision.

Trudeau addressed the issue Wednesday during a stop in Saskatoon, which was also attended by protesters who were verbally aggressive with the prime minister’s RCMP protective detail and initially blocked his exit from a local senior's centre.

He was followed by angry protesters throughout much of that campaign, which has prompted some noticeable changes to how his office handles his schedule. Specific locations for events are no longer included in his publicized daily itineraries, for example.

https://www.msn.com/...3edadbc9d05fe5b

I guess he didn't plan for this in "The New Normal". He tries the racist defence yet again.... 

• Nparker likes this

#1105 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 09:55 AM

Get serious. It was the RCMP who made the call to not have the Prime Minister in attendance, for security reasons.

• Brayvehart likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#1106 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,294 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 10:04 AM

Get serious. It was the RCMP who made the call to not have the Prime Minister in attendance, for security reasons.

Boy Wonder wore a bulletproof vest at another event in the past.  Seems it's his call.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 May 2022 - 10:04 AM.

#1107 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 10:24 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by get serious? Perhaps my racist defence comment? Here it is. Just like Ottawa. He is just branding anyone against him as racists. pathetic. Racists have been around for all time. I wonder what has changed in the last two years? 

"The prime minister did not explain why he chose to speak virtually to the fundraiser in Surrey, B.C., but expressed disgust at the "harassment, racist insults (and) threats of violence" targeting the mostly South Asian attendees as they arrived. Witnesses at the protest reported hearing attendees harassed for wearing turbans, among other racially motivated insults."

Let's not talk about why he can't appear in public anymore. Let's just blame racism... 

• Wayne likes this

#1108 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 10:46 AM

..."The prime minister did not explain why he chose to speak virtually to the fundraiser in Surrey, B.C., but expressed disgust at the "harassment, racist insults (and) threats of violence" targeting the mostly South Asian attendees as they arrived. Witnesses at the protest reported hearing attendees harassed for wearing turbans, among other racially motivated insults."

Perhaps it was a self-referential concern on the part of the PM.

turban2.jpg

Edited by Nparker, 26 May 2022 - 02:21 PM.

• dasmo likes this

#1109 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 02:07 PM

I thought you were better than that Nparker. 

• Brayvehart likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#1110 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 02:17 PM

I just shared a widely available online photo. If Justin Trudeau comes off as a hypocrite as a result, that is not my fault.

Edited by Nparker, 26 May 2022 - 02:20 PM.

• dasmo and Victoria Watcher like this

#1111 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 02:43 PM

He has insulted millions of Canadians to their very core. Myself included. While I myself am not triggered to lash out at him this is the result of that. It's only link to racism is him calling the people that oppose his actions and have been trying to be heard by his administration racists. He is supposed to be better than that. He is the leader of our country. 

#1112 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 07:24 PM

Sunny ways indeed.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1113 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,294 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 04:51 AM

Jagmeet Singh Runs From Sikh Canadians in Brampton Calling Him "Sellout Singh"

Seeing Jagmeet Singh flee in his car away from members of the Sikh community calling him “Sellout Singh” demonstrates that his leadership of the NDP has become shaky. Most would assume Singh would have strong ties to the Sikh community seeing as he is a Sikh man himself but Singh’s metropolitan political attitudes have seemingly alienated him from a lot of different communities. 

Just a couple of weeks ago Singh was calling protesters in Peterborough hateful and threatening for heckling him while he was promoting another provincial NDP candidate, but in aftermath of this recent confrontation cannot smear members of his own community in the same manner.

https://theparadise....-sellout-singh/

'We got questions’: Jagmeet Singh met by protesters at Brampton West campaign office

https://www.thestar....ign-office.html

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 30 May 2022 - 04:53 AM.

#1114 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 06:33 AM

His allegiances are with The WEF agenda not us. https://www.youngglo...q=jagmeet singh
Young Global Leaders is a WEF initiative. WEF was founded and is lead by Klaus. Klaus Schwab’s dad was a NAZI. Just the facts laid bare….

#1115 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 02:51 PM

Sheesh, I don't think this imagery will age well. It reminds me of something. 

WBXQSPR2ABJO3FXJCGNWCIEOQI.jpg

#1116 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,294 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 03:03 PM

What a bunch of fools.
  • dasmo likes this

#1117 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,294 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 03:27 PM

Fox News:

C059971C-1890-4D0D-A426-80030DBFE824.jpeg

Canadian PM Trudeau announces legislation to ‘freeze’ handgun ownership, buy back ‘assault-style weapons’

https://www.foxnews....datory-buybacks

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 30 May 2022 - 03:29 PM.

#1118 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,294 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 03:55 AM

Canada already has plans to ban 1,500 types of military-style firearms and offer a mandatory buyback program that will begin at the end of the year. It already expanded background checks.

https://www.npr.org/...n-sales-imports

Also, it's not a "buy back" program if it is mandatory.  That's confiscation, but with compensation. 

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 31 May 2022 - 03:55 AM.

#1119 JimV

JimV
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 07:08 AM

If anyone doubted that we live in a tyranny they should now be disabused of that notion.  I would not be surprised to see a “wealth tax” and a capital gains tax on the sale of a principal residence introduced before long.  Canada is circling the drain and is only about one flush away from going down.  

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#1120 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 07:47 PM

If anyone doubted that we live in a tyranny they should now be disabused of that notion.  I would not be surprised to see a “wealth tax” and a capital gains tax on the sale of a principal residence introduced before long.  Canada is circling the drain and is only about one flush away from going down.  

Hellyer tried years ago to tax you yearly, on the equity in your home. 

That one died an early death.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users