• 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 02 December 2022 - 08:42 AM

thats weird!

#162 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,674 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 08:43 AM

My Amazon purchases have a better life than I do.

#163 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,674 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 11:41 AM

Amazon tracking now tells me the item is back in Vancouver!

journey.jpg

• todd likes this

#164 dkuitu

dkuitu
  • 397 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 December 2022 - 11:43 AM

Not sure if I should post this in the vehicle electrification or this one but has anyone seen the Amazon Rivian vans? I'm not sure if they've made their way above the border yet?

https://www.aboutama...-by-end-of-2022

#165 dkuitu

dkuitu
  • 397 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 December 2022 - 11:44 AM

Amazon tracking now tells me the item is back in Vancouver!

attachicon.gif journey.jpg

Maybe it's the brand new employees in the fulfillment center who haven't figured out the inventory management system yet?

• Nparker likes this

#166 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,674 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 11:46 AM

...has anyone seen the Amazon Rivian vans? ...

I think I may have seen these around town???

#167 dkuitu

dkuitu
  • 397 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 December 2022 - 12:15 PM

I don't think drone delivery is ever going to take off (pun intended). Last mile delivery will likely continue to be humans driving vans. If their Amazon locker box idea catches on that would be a great logistic last mile optimizer. However, the majority of people aren't utilizing it.

https://www.amazon.c...ode=15284483011

#168 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 02 December 2022 - 02:33 PM

Not sure if I should post this in the vehicle electrification or this one but has anyone seen the Amazon Rivian vans? I'm not sure if they've made their way above the border yet?

https://www.aboutama...-by-end-of-2022

Only ones I've seen are the typical Mercedes/Dodge/Ford ones, not Rivian. There is one driving around with a caved in side on the drivers side. 

Also, I take back what I said about driver actions not being Amazon's problem. I've seen multiple issues in the last two weeks with these vans. These drivers seriously need better training.

#169 dkuitu

dkuitu
  • 397 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 December 2022 - 03:30 PM

Only ones I've seen are the typical Mercedes/Dodge/Ford ones, not Rivian. There is one driving around with a caved in side on the drivers side. 

Also, I take back what I said about driver actions not being Amazon's problem. I've seen multiple issues in the last two weeks with these vans. These drivers seriously need better training.

Real world scenario training. We're talking Bezos here.

#170 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,473 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 09:25 AM

I don’t think a lot of these delivery people have ever driven a vehicle as long, let alone tall and wide.

Before, drivers would use personal vehicles like small SUVs.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#171 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 03 December 2022 - 02:10 PM

I don’t think a lot of these delivery people have ever driven a vehicle as long, let alone tall and wide.

Before, drivers would use personal vehicles like small SUVs.

Perhaps these drivers, but not the delivery companies that delivered Amazon packages prior to this. They all used similar large vans.

#172 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,473 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 04:03 PM

They eventually switched to vans, but it was personal vehicles first. Now they have the branded vans.
  • DavidSchell likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#173 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 07:07 PM

I was in the garage the other day and an Infiniti pulled up, and the guy got out and handed me a parcel. I commented on his nice delivery van, and he laughed and said a lot of the part-timers use their own vehicles. They get a mileage allowance to cover the vehicle costs.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#174 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,674 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 08:44 AM

This is how I wish all my amazon deliveries would arrive

delivery.jpg

One more scheduled for today

• todd likes this

#175 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 11:04 AM

Won’t go into details but I caught a Logistics driver doing something clearly weird on camera, so might want to watch your Ring device or whatever you have for the immediate future

“FedEx driver is arrested in the kidnapping and killing of a 7-year-old girl who went missing outside her home this week, police say”: https://www.ctvnews....e-say-1.6180040

#176 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,674 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 02:27 PM

Remind me again the advantages to shopping local?

delivery today.jpg

• lanforod and todd like this

#177 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,473 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 02:52 PM

More and more places are trying to get people to spend on donations for various charities at the till. Today I was approached by a staff member at a self-serve who just pointed at three donation options and asked which one I’d like to scan.

I asked what organization the money was going to, she didn’t know.

Odd.
  • Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

Know it all.

#178 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 03:14 PM

Scrooge, if that’s how you want to rationalize not giving during the holidays and make you feel better from the disappointed grin you were likely given

#179 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,674 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 03:20 PM

...if that’s how you want to rationalize not giving during the holidays and make you feel better from the disappointed grin you were likely given

I don't think it's the least bit unreasonable to inquire as to which organization one will be donating. For all anyone knows the money might be going to the "Kanye West Holocaust Denial Fund".

• todd and Victoria Watcher like this

#180 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 10:49 AM

I don't think drone delivery is ever going to take off (pun intended). Last mile delivery will likely continue to be humans driving vans. If their Amazon locker box idea catches on that would be a great logistic last mile optimizer. However, the majority of people aren't utilizing it.

https://www.amazon.c...ode=15284483011

Large cities (in the downtown core) are having a locker system set up where the person would go get the last mile from the lockers.  Avoiding vans driving around congestion heavy downtowns.  Saw a presentation where underground parking areas have been used for this.

FedEx Launches Self-Collection Service to Enhance Convenience and Flexibility for Customers in Singapore

Edited by Ismo07, 05 December 2022 - 10:50 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users