• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,831 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 08:37 AM

https://www.automobi...14.64 percent).

According to CarMax, the largest used car retailer in the U.S., black was the best-selling car color last year, accounting for 22.25 percent of sales, followed closely by white at 19.34 percent of sales, gray (17.63 percent), and silver (14.64 percent).

i think red is probably up there.  then further down the line blue green and yellow.  brown and gold probably further down.

so why are most houses some form of brown and white?  where are the black and silver houses?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 27 May 2021 - 08:38 AM.

#2 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,831 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 08:48 AM

at this german truck pant you have a choice of tens of thousands of colours.

https://youtu.be/a3moToOCXqE

#3 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 09:24 AM

where are the black and silver houses?

This morning I saw an older house, dark grey with white trim. Didn't look good. 

The tried and true best practice is a three or four colour scheme: light colour on the main areas, a darker version of the same colour for your secondary areas, and a very dark colour for trim around exterior doors, windows. 

And you need to co-ordinate with your roof. If the shingles are brown, use warm paint colours: beiges, oranges, etc.

As for cars, I've never understood why two-tone paint hasn't caught on. Sometimes it's on high-end cars

#4 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,831 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 09:44 AM

This morning I saw an older house, dark grey with white trim. Didn't look good. 

The tried and true best practice is a three or four colour scheme: light colour on the main areas, a darker version of the same colour for your secondary areas, and a very dark colour for trim around exterior doors, windows. 

And you need to co-ordinate with your roof. If the shingles are brown, use warm paint colours: beiges, oranges, etc.

As for cars, I've never understood why two-tone paint hasn't caught on. Sometimes it's on high-end cars

well that's ugly.  but who does not like this:

EZBCe8GCODgbgoDEEbtiOKRqPVFExvR6V3UxLnaH

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 27 May 2021 - 09:44 AM.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 09:50 AM

You can get pick-ups with two-tone paint, primarily along the bottom trim at about a foot of height up the side. It looks GOOD! But it’s rarely done.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 09:54 AM

Yes, I've seen it on pickups and it always looks sharp.

#7 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,831 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 10:02 AM

Yes, I've seen it on pickups and it always looks sharp.

Rocky, Jim and Angel with Rocky's two-tone pickup truck.  Outside of Jim's trailer.

37065263185_0c4bb5eee6_b.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 27 May 2021 - 10:02 AM.

• Rob Randall, phx and Matt R. like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users