• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:59 AM

Off the grid:
Victoria’s Art Space Crawl

On Friday, March 23rd, Victoria’s exclusive artist run centres will collectively open their
doors for Off The Grid, an official en mass open house event. Art enthusiasts, curious
citizens and the general public are encouraged to caravan through the streets of Victoria’s
inner core and drop in to the nine centres that will be open throughout the evening (5pm –
11pm). Victoria will have an opportunity to learn about the mandate of each centre, meet
the folks who maintain each organization’s curatorial and administration spheres and
have an opportunity to see a diverse representation of Victoria’s modern art exhibitions.
This event will continue at 11pm at Open Space (510 Fort St.) with a special closing
event, at no charge to the public. A live performance will commence at this time.
Music artists for this closing will be announced soon.

http://members.shaw.... ... egrid.html

I am going to be there! Anyone else?
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#2 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:41 AM

Sounds like fun. Count me in.

#3 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:17 PM

I'm planning to crawl and trawl the galleries, but the best laid plans of mice and misbehavin' forumers... well, etc. etc. Perhaps I'll see some of you there? How about a daffodil in the lapel, for recognition? :)

Incidentally, Community Arts Council gallery (in the Sussex Bldg courtyard) has a nice postcard-sized map & listing of the event, free to pick up, easy to carry along.
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:25 PM

Sounds like a trap.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:28 PM

Hmm, you're right! Ok, forget the daffodils. Wear Groucho Marx disguises instead! :wink:
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#6 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:47 AM

I'm down with the daffodil!

I might have my attendance frustrated by a sick child. But if everything goes as planned I will see you guys there.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.

#7 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:06 PM

I think this weather is going to keep me indoors tonight. Spent enough of the day outside (and missed the DRA table at the Bay Centre, darn!), and now it's book-by-the-fire time, sorry... Well, on the bright side: the galleries will be open tomorrow!

#8 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:33 PM

I'm still trying to find 1407 Government?

#9 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:52 PM

@IBA: Hmm, that'd be [url=http://www.ho-tam.com/index.html:0c73c]Ho Tam[/url:0c73c] -- he must have some kind of display possibility at 1407. That number is across from Mountain Equipment Co-op, at any rate. Ho Tam is really interesting, one of the few artists I've seen at AGGV that actually grabbed my eyeballs (he had some "LAB" show w/ portraits there recently/ last year -- great stuff): lots to look at, long and longingly.

Now I'm really mad at myself for not having gone on this Art Space Crawl...!

So, IBA, are you walking d/t w/ a Blackberry or something, surfing over to VV to say you haven't found 1407 Government? :lol: I have this image of a forumer, slightly at a loss on Government, logging in somewhere between Johnson & Pandora...!

#10 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:48 AM

I couldn't go last night. I would really like to hear how it went and get the impressions of any forumers who did go.

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:13 AM

Several VV-ers went to Deluge and Open Space. The "sleeping animals" exhibit was by far my most favourite at Open Space.

Deluge had a huge collection of interesting record case designs by local artists.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users