Photo

Saint Patrick’s Day on Vancouver Island!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 09:40 AM

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

C8097514-2A26-4E18-A71F-AA0CFD769DFC.gif

-Todd

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

#2 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 05:04 PM

I'm a teetotaler these days myself so St Patty's Day no longer means starting to drink green beer at breakfast and winding up god knows where twelve hours later; but on behalf of my long departed wee little Edinburgh gran there's this - 

Attached Images

• StPattys.jpg

• sebberry likes this

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 05:38 PM

Oh man, the hangovers tomorrow are going to be something.

Interesting fact: most bars and restaurants with bars will make more money today than on NYE.
  • Mike K. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 08:09 PM

Yeah likely this year even more than most since St Patty's this time more or less coincides with everyone being able to get out, socialize in numbers and well....drink, really for the first time in two years. I'd been cutting way way down for several years - not that I was ever a big drinker, the 80's probably being my peak - and just decided last year to stop altogether. Don't miss it either, no big deal to stop. Just have to figure out now what I'm going to do with all the unopened bottles on my bar.....

#5 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 17 March 2022 - 08:28 PM

I’ll take ‘em! Lol
  • AllseeingEye and Matt R. like this

#6 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 08:49 PM

I’ll take ‘em! Lol

If you're a scotch and whisky guy you'd be in heaven; got some nice bottles of Dalmore, Penderyn, Glennfiddich, Glenrothes and my personal favourite a 35 year old bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label bottled specifically for export to the Japanese market and purchased originally in Osaka, quite rare in these parts.

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 06:29 AM

I wonder how things went last night. Anyone got any intel for us old guys who ventured out as far as the porch on St Pat‘s?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 18 March 2022 - 07:29 AM

If you're a scotch and whisky guy you'd be in heaven; got some nice bottles of Dalmore, Penderyn, Glennfiddich, Glenrothes and my personal favourite a 35 year old bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label bottled specifically for export to the Japanese market and purchased originally in Osaka, quite rare in these parts.

Love my scotch!  JW Black is my go to.

• AllseeingEye likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users