Photo

BMO bank robbery shooting | June 28, 2022

• Please log in to reply
642 replies to this topic

#81 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 06:40 PM

What I find very telling is the Mayor's silence. If you recall, about a week ago she issued a press release within what seemed like minutes of the alleged threatening call to Cafe Fantistico staff yet it has been 8 hours since 3 of her own police officers were injured and nothing.

• Nparker, sebberry, Redd42 and 2 others like this

#82 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 658 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 06:41 PM

Anyone old enough to Remember this?

https://www.timescol...-taking-4684509
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#83 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 06:43 PM

Social media rumours that at least one of the dead robbers was well known to police and was recently released early from prison where he had been sentenced for prior bank robberies.

Edited by spanky123, 28 June 2022 - 06:43 PM.

#84 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 08:39 PM

Maybe I watch too many movies, but it's hard not to wonder why *that* bank branch & today at *that* time. I suppose that section of Shelbourne could have been good for a drag race with anyone thinking of chasing them? That's sort of how the robbery went at the beginning of Heat except they robbed an armoured van near a highway. Or one of the suspects somehow knew that branch would have enough cash on hand today to fill the proverbial gym bags (or pillowcases, briefcases, etc)? My first impression is it doesn't seem random.

#85 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 08:51 PM

Is Chief Manak away? There was an acting chief briefing the press today.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#86 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 658 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 09:02 PM

Social media rumours that at least one of the dead robbers was well known to police and was recently released early from prison where he had been sentenced for prior bank robberies.

Source?
  • todd likes this

#87 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 09:31 PM

Source?

The source had the person’s name so I didn’t link to it. If it isn’t true then I don’t need a slander accusation!

#88 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 09:44 PM

what?!?! feb 11 this year:

Saanich police are looking for witnesses after a bank robbery on Shelbourne Street this week.

Officers responded to the 3600 block of Shelbourne Street, near Cedar Hill Cross Road, about 5 p.m. Wednesday and were told a man had presented a note demanding money.

He left through the rear doors at 5:02 p.m. and was last seen going west on Pear Street.

Police could not locate him.

https://www.timescol...robbery-5055662

Edited by amor de cosmos, 28 June 2022 - 09:45 PM.

#89 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 658 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 10:03 PM

The source had the person’s name so I didn’t link to it. If it isn’t true then I don’t need a slander accusation!

I believe you! I just wanted to know what page people were talking about it so I could read it

#90 Kilo95

Kilo95
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 04:16 AM

Is Chief Manak away? There was an acting chief briefing the press today.

Yes he’s on vacation. Think they mentioned it before the press conference as they were setting up the various microphones / recorders.
  • Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#91 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,867 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 04:27 AM

Anyone old enough to Remember this?

https://www.timescol...-taking-4684509

Nope. 

#92 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,867 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 04:28 AM

Maybe I watch too many movies, but it's hard not to wonder why *that* bank branch & today at *that* time. I suppose that section of Shelbourne could have been good for a drag race with anyone thinking of chasing them? That's sort of how the robbery went at the beginning of Heat except they robbed an armoured van near a highway. Or one of the suspects somehow knew that branch would have enough cash on hand today to fill the proverbial gym bags (or pillowcases, briefcases, etc)? My first impression is it doesn't seem random.

That bank has very little cross traffic, say compared to a bank in a strip mall.

screenshot-www.google.com-2022.06.29-08_30_17.png

And maybe driving by you might not notice anything amiss.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 29 June 2022 - 04:31 AM.

#93 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 04:34 AM

The whole thing could have come straight from the script of Reservoir Dogs (below). If ERT had a tip-off, why engage the bad guys right at the bank itself, in the open. Boxing them in, in their "getaway car" might have been an idea? But what do I know?

This morning's T-C:

"It’s amazing no citizens were injured, said Duthie. GVERT was deployed and close by and their quick response was invaluable, he said."

"Police did not say why GVERT were already deployed or whether they had received information in advance about the bank robbery."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Pink: "I don't THINK we got set up, I KNOW we got set up! I mean, really, seriously, where did all those cops come from, huh? One minute they're not there, the next minute they're there?

I didn't hear any sirens. Unless a patrol car is cruising that street, at that particular moment, you got four minutes before they can realistically respond. In one minute there were seventeen blue boys out there.

All loaded for bear, all knowing exactly what the f*** they were doing! Remember that second wave that showed up in the cars? Okay, those were the ones responding to the alarm, but those first motherf***ers, I'm telling you man, they were there and they were waiting for us."

#94 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,867 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 04:45 AM

Reservoir Dogs, what a fantastic movie.

(Reservoir Dogs) spoiler alert:  they got set up.

#95 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,867 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 05:05 AM

https://twitter.com/...952029542625280

screenshot-www.vicnews.com-2022.06.29-09_03_37.png

#96 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 05:12 AM

It's almost beyond comprehension that three VicPD officers have suffered gunshot wounds while performing their duties, and there has been ZERO official response from COV Mayor or Council.

• On the Level, Barrrister, JimV and 2 others like this

#97 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 05:13 AM

^And still nothing from Helps or the 12 PR people at the CoV.
  • Barrrister likes this

#98 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 05:14 AM

Reading the TC article this morning, it sounds like there is more to the story we are yet to hear about.

#99 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 05:16 AM

It's almost beyond comprehension that three VicPD officers have suffered gunshot wounds while performing their duties, and there has been ZERO official response from COV Mayor or Council.

Especially when you consider that the Mayor issues a statement at the slightest perceived injustice.
  • Barrrister and Spy Black like this

#100 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,867 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 05:17 AM

If she wasn't so afraid of criticism, she'd have a Facebook or twitter account to post on, but she can't handle it.

Stephen Andrew has posted twice:

https://twitter.com/Stephen_Andrew

Loveday posted:

https://twitter.com/JeremyLoveday

Nothing from Ben Isitt:

https://twitter.com/isitt_

Alto hasn't posted since 2020:

https://twitter.com/MarianneAlto

Maybe she forgot her password.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 29 June 2022 - 05:21 AM.

• Nparker likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users