Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Our Place building assisted housing | 6-storeys | Built - completed in 2008

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:19 AM

Yeah but basements aren't considered floors in other buildings. Floors are usually only measured from street level.

#22 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 12:23 PM

I was wondering because not putting in underground parking would probably be a substantial cost savings, and so surface parking is put in, hence the demolition of the old building.

#23 Audrey

Audrey
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:58 PM

Yeah but basements aren't considered floors in other buildings. Floors are usually only measured from street level.

Well yes, but it's probably where the misunderstanding comes from. If there's a 6th floor, it's extremely well hidden. Basically, it's two floors (and a basement) of business, and three floors of residential tacked on top.

If anyone is interested, I can see if my boss would be okay with allowing me to take people on a short tour of the building. I frequently do it for folks from the church groups who help sponsor us.

#24 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:28 AM

Sounds intriguing! I'll send you an email Audrey.

#25 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:20 AM

I'd love to check things out, give me a PM if you can.

#26 Audrey

Audrey
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

I got the okay from Reverend Dave, so I can give a group a 15-minute tour of the building. It would be a lot less disruptive for me if we could get it in one group, rather than drop-ins during the day. I'm here from 9-5, but it's generally pretty nuts around here until 3PM at the earliest.

If you folks can mutually pick a time between 3PM and 4:30PM, any weekday, I can show off all facilities. You won't be able to see the residential areas (on account of folks living there) but I can show you the areas for food, hygiene and hanging out.

However, because I'm eeeeevil, the cost will be a donation. Bring me a sweater, a package of tampons, a few pairs of socks, some toothbrushes, or whatever you're not using in your closet for us to add to the donation pile. Hell, bring a can of tuna and I'll be happy.

#27 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

Sounds like a fire just broke out at Our Place. Boiler room I think. Sounds like it's all under control now.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#28 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:45 AM

Our Place is expanding to 92 hours/wk. from their current 55.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users