[View Royal] Highland Pacific Golf Course

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

Why have I not heard about Highland Pacific Golf Course anywhere. It's plain to see on Saanich's GIS map that it was under construction in 2005 when the aerial photo was taken; it seems that all we ever hear about in the golf world is Bear Mountain. All I could find for a home page for Highland Pacific is here:
http://highlandpacificgolf.com/

Does anyone have any more info than that? It looks like it's supposed to be finished in June but I haven't seen anything about it anywhere.

#2 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:57 PM

Looks like a heck of a water hazard so far!
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#3 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:25 AM

Never heard of it. Where is it supposed to be located?

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#4 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:38 AM

Never heard of it. Where is it supposed to be located?

i've never heard of it either, all i hear about is bear mtn. it's on creed, which is off watkiss way behind vic general hospital.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:21 PM

So that's View Royal/Highlands? Strange.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:43 PM

Minutes from

http://www.crd.bc.ca... ... UAN904.pdf.

WATER SUPPLY TO CREED ROAD GOLF COURSE B. Keenan stated that several properties located in the District of Saanich are currently serviced by the Juan de Fuca distribution system because Saanich’s distribution system does not extend within reach. The property in question is served by a two inch line that will not support fire flows to the proposed development. The owner has suggested a connection to the supply main, however, the department’s policy is not to connect services to the supply mains. The owner has agreed to pay full costs to upgrade approximately 600 m of the Creed Road water main. Consent is required from both the Commission and the District of Saanich to service the property in this manner.[Commissioner Henson entered the meeting.]Angela Plasterer addressed the Commission as follows:As owner of the property, she could have subdivided it for housing, however development has been limited to preserve the Garry Oak meadows. The golf course will leave the Garry Oak outcroppings in place.Ski-resort type accommodations consisting of 42 two and three bedroom units will be constructed.Municipal water will not be used to water the golf course: in-ground reservoirs will supply irrigation water.Discussion followed:Alternate Commissioner Rosenblood suggested that the request be approved subject to the Owner paying development cost charges even though they are outside the service area. Staff explained that charging DCCs would leave the Water Department in a deficit position because it will cost more to upgrade the 600 m of distribution main than DCCs will bring in.The Chair noted that there have been requests of a similar nature over the past year and he suggested that staff have discussions with Saanich regarding their long term plans for servicing the area bordering View Royal.MOVED by Commissioner Gibson and SECONDED by Commissioner Rogers,that the Juan de Fuca Water Distribution Commission consent to provide a water service to the Saanich properties referred to in this report subject to:1. the Corporation of the District of Saanich confirming their consent; and2. execution of an agreement between Saanich and the CRD confirming consent; and further, that the proper officers for the corporation be authorized to execute the agreement.CARRIEDThe Chair asked staff to report back in October on discussions with Saanich staff regarding long-term plans for servicing the area bordering View Royal.

Page 2 of 4MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THEJUAN DE FUCA WATER DISTRIBUTION COM...10/16/2006file://D:\Net_It_Source_Docs\WWW_Minutes_PROD\Juan de Fuca Water Distribution ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 valdez12

valdez12
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:48 AM

I know the people involved but never could place it... thanks for reminder of the updated aerial photos.

It wont be a Bear Mountain from what I know, more a nice gof course with a small residential and commercial component. ( a la Cordova Bay or Royal Oak sort of thing from that I heard and was told...)

#8 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:31 PM

I know the people involved but never could place it... thanks for reminder of the updated aerial photos.

It wont be a Bear Mountain from what I know, more a nice gof course with a small residential and commercial component. ( a la Cordova Bay or Royal Oak sort of thing from that I heard and was told...)

no, i wouldn't have expected it to be anything like bear mtn but i haven't heard/read a single thing about it at all. will it be 9 holes or 18? & how "serious"? cordova bay has had the payless open; will a tournament like that ever be on highland pacific?

#9 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:34 PM

Here is a link to photos of it's constuction. http://www.permaconstruction.com/current.htm
Past President of Victoria's Flâneur Union Local 1862

#10 Urbalist

Urbalist
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:15 AM

The Creed course is a Plasterer project.

#11 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:40 PM

There was an article in Sunday's Times Colonist about Highlands Pacific I belive they intend to have the first 9 holes opening later this year and then the remaining 9 holes open next season. For updated information regarding his project see Sunday's Monitor section in the Times Colonist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users