BUILT
Offices at Eagle Creek Village
Uses: office, commercial
Address: Helmcken Road at Watkiss Way
Municipality: View Royal
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Eagle Creek Village is a multi-use development situated across the street from the Victoria General Hospital i... (view full profile)
Learn more about Offices at Eagle Creek Village on Citified.ca
Photo

[View Royal] Eagle Creek Village | Built

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#101 LovingVictoria

LovingVictoria
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:29 PM

My husband and I had breakfast at the Tim's this morning. With the number of people who will be living and working in Eagle Creek Village, I have the feeling that Tim's is going to be way too small. :)

The Subway is open too and the people at Cobs are busy setting up their display cabinets and racks. I believe that Coast Capital Insurance moved into the office building yesterday.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the retail tenants take up their places.

• Mike K., Nparker and lanforod like this

#102 BlueInk

BlueInk
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:13 PM

Got a leaflet that the Quality Foods will open Thursday, February 25 at 10:00am. Seniors pre-opening from 3:00 to 7:00pm on the 24th.
  • Mike K., Daveyboy and nagel like this

#103 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:20 PM

Cobs will open tomorrow.  All proceeds to the hospital foundation.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#104 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:06 AM

Quality Foods

• Nparker likes this

#105 Daveyboy

Daveyboy
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

Great photos!  The only thing missing is large numbers of shoppers pushing full carts.

• Nparker likes this

#106 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:31 AM

It was devoid of great number of shopper but that will change when the greater population finds out it is open or when they see these pics here on VV especially if they get posted to the VHF FB page

#107 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:34 AM

Pretty store... but was highly underwhelmed by their pricing...
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#108 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 10:28 AM

Pretty store... but was highly underwhelmed by their pricing...

For truly underwhelming prices in a much less aesthetically pleasing environment, check out Wellburn's sometime. I am hopeful Bosa/Bluesky can persuade QF to open in their new St. Andrew's school development. 

• sdwright.vic likes this

#109 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:15 AM

I avoided Wellburns before the tried to shut down Bosa.... not gonna start going their now.
  • Nparker likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#110 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:12 PM

Any idea what sets Qualify Foods aside? Is it similar to Thriftys?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#111 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:17 PM

Any idea what sets Qualify Foods aside? Is it similar to Thriftys?

Prices seem a little better on some things but that could be that it's new. QF also has a lot of hot food to choose from but it's not a 4 star restaurant. Good in a pinch if you want some ghetto Chinese food. There's also a pretty good kitchen implement/dishware store above it.

There's also this cool make your own deal machine where each day you can pick one thing to go on sale. So for me today I did Liberty yogurt, normally $5 each, already on sale for 3.99, then my deal of the day brought them each to 3.09.

Produce is more affordable than Thriftys but I go to Red Barn for that still. Meat seems ok but time will tell. Some of their canned stuff is of lesser quality than Thriftys. They seem to have cheap flowers too which is good.

No bike racks yet so last night I parked it at the checkouts and had them watch it for me.

#112 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:19 PM

It's almost impossible to get into and out of the centre though which normally I wouldn't care about but since it's also true for cyclists, it annoys me.

#113 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:57 PM

July 1, 2016:

Attached Images

• image.jpeg

#114 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:56 AM

If you had asked me when the above buildings were built I'd guess the store and residential in the early 2000's and the office maybe in the 80's or early 90's.  I guess it gets the job done.

"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#115 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 07:17 PM

Terribly uninspiring. This is my new grocery store when we finished building  our house so it's handy it's there but so utilitarian in design. Once again I am struck that they didn't make a little pedestrian area at least in front of the residential portion.... I'm also not a big fan of the total turning of the back to the street side.... 

#116 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:00 AM

114-units-of-rentals-coming-to-View-Royal.jpg

114-units of rental apartments planned for View Royal's Eagle Creek Village

http://victoria.citi...-creek-village/

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#117 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:02 AM

...114-units of rental apartments planned for View Royal's Eagle Creek Village...

Was this not part of the original vision for this site?

Edit. Are these the "120 higher-end condominium units" mentioned in this T-C article from July 2013:

...About 120 higher-end condominium units in two buildings will be developed in the second phase. It is too soon to set pricing, he said, adding no date has been set for the start of the second phase, other than as soon as possible...

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.9RtRtQTF.dpuf

Edited by Nparker, 07 November 2016 - 10:07 AM.

#118 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:06 AM

No, originally they had anticipated to build two condo buildings with about 100-units.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#119 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:08 AM

No, originally they had anticipated to build two condo buildings with about 100-units.

As per my edited post above, 2 buildings became one and condos became rentals. Right?

#120 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:13 AM

I don't think two buildings became one, but they did reduce the amount of condo units they originally expected to build as part of the two-building second phase, which would have totalled about 100-units (not 120) as of last year's information.

The second phase is now all rentals, no condos at the development at all.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users