BUILT
Offices at Eagle Creek Village
Uses: office, commercial
Address: Helmcken Road at Watkiss Way
Municipality: View Royal
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Eagle Creek Village is a multi-use development situated across the street from the Victoria General Hospital i... (view full profile)
Learn more about Offices at Eagle Creek Village on Citified.ca
Photo

[View Royal] Eagle Creek Village | Built

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#21 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Finally this is getting underway. This is a location that has needed something onsite to make life easier for everyone going to the hospital. Finally somewhere to go to get something to eat. What would be nice would be a small hotel on the site. There are a lot of people that have family in the hospital and come from further away and it would be nice to be able to stay walking distance from the hospital

#22 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

The hospital was one of the motivators for the Sheraton beside Costco. It's not adjacent, of course, but it's far easier to access then having to drive further into the city.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#23 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Did this pass fourth reading? I can not find anything online that confirms it has passed fourth reading.

Also, who is the developer, Cushman & Wakefield or Omicron?

#24 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

CushWake is the leasing agent. Wessex Management is one of the parties involved (they were behind the Radius project to some degree).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#25 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

I can only dream of having a condo overlooking a parking lot...

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#26 weisguy86

weisguy86
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

I can only dream of having a condo overlooking a parking lot...

I used to live across the road from VGH, the real attraction at this spot will be the sirens and the medi-vac helicopter coming and going, which flies low over that neighborhood.

#27 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

I would actually like the medivac that would be cool.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#28 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

View Royal approves $100-million Eagle Creek Village

Developers of the $100-million Eagle Creek Village project have won zoning approval for the mixed-use project that will feature a supermarket, retail, medical services, housing and a park next to Victoria General Hospital. “It’s a complete win-win,” View Royal Coun. John Rogers said Wednesday. “This development is the anchor for the hospital area.”

Council voted Tuesday in favour of the rezoning and permits required for project, which includes a $1 million contribution to the capital costs of View Royal’s new public safety building.

[...]

TC Link: http://www.timescolo...illage-1.566673

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#29 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

As mentioned in this thread, Quality Foods has likely been confirmed as a tenant.

Looks like sdwright had a good lead several months ago.

Good lead... but unfortunately slightly off as not the areas first store. The first store will be in Langford in the old Ashley furniture.

But sounds like this one will be one of their two story superstores.

Hoping my Whole Foods lead and rumblings that they are seeking a location hold true as well.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#30 ryno8097

ryno8097
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

Work has commenced at the site this week. What a wonderful project this appears to be. To bad View Royal and Saanich missed the boat on having the developer include improvements to Helmcken Road. Think traffic is bad now... wait til this mammoth is complete.

Project looks top notch though ::thumbsup:

#31 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

Here's a rendering from the leasing brochure - http://matrix.cwcana...Creek_email.pdf

http://matrix.cwcana...ffice-Lease.pdf

#32 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Site plan

#33 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

CushWake is the leasing agent. Wessex Management is one of the parties involved (they were behind the Radius project to some degree).

Omicron is the Developer.

#34 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Work has commenced at the site this week. What a wonderful project this appears to be. To bad View Royal and Saanich missed the boat on having the developer include improvements to Helmcken Road. Think traffic is bad now... wait til this mammoth is complete.

Project looks top notch though ::thumbsup:

I don't recall there being issues on Helmcken at Watkiss. Further north by Burnside and InterUrban, for sure, but not sure what this development would have to do with that - yeah, might add some traffic, but that should be Saanich's problem to fix the awful congestion by the Co-op 5 corner intersection.

#35 arfenarf

arfenarf
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Roundabout! Roundabout!!!

#36 LocalMom

LocalMom
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

Roundabout! Roundabout!!!

Hahaha - can you imagine?!

Not only are our drivers generally idiots when it comes to roundabouts (talking lowest common denominator here), but then having our ambulances - in dire emergency situations - trying to navigate the OTHER DRIVERS in a roundabout.

lol

#37 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

Hahaha - can you imagine?!

Not only are our drivers generally idiots when it comes to roundabouts (talking lowest common denominator here), but then having our ambulances - in dire emergency situations - trying to navigate the OTHER DRIVERS in a roundabout.

lol

No. No I can't. Not in this or any other life. Was in the MacTavish Road roundabout recently after returning from Calgary last week. I have probably successfully navigated it 50+ times without incident and the driver in front me - in the roundabout - stopped. Just decided to come to a complete stop, much to my consternation and the 3 other cars behind me. The mind boggles at such jaw dropping incompetence. I suggest those people go back to driver education. Or just stay home so the adults can use the road system. Yet I digress.....

I like this development especially the fact residential is being incorporated into it. And I especially like the fact Quality Foods is the anchor. We hit their Parksville store any time we're in the area and need groceries. Hopefully the finished development looks as good as the rendering.

#38 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

$100-million Eagle Creek project begins near Victoria General Hospital
Andrew Duffy / Times Colonist
November 14, 2013 07:42 PM

The ceremonial shovels used for the groundbreaking at Omicron’s Eagle Creek project in View Royal may have been used to toss around relief as much as dirt on Thursday as work got underway in earnest at the site.

Earth movers and excavators have been clearing land at the 10-acre site for about a week and Omicron chief executive Bill Tucker can’t hide his enthusiasm at watching them make way for the $100 million mixed-use development.

The project, to be built in two phases over the next four years, includes eight buildings, 112,000 square feet of commercial retail space, 76,000 square feet of professional office space and 60 rental housing units. The second phase is the development of 100 condominiums.

The commercial retail space is already 85 per cent leased with Quality Foods as the main anchor. Other tenants include Cascadia Liquor, Tim Hortons, Cobs, Starbucks, Pizza Al Forno, Subway, Great Clips and Forbes Pharmacy.

Tucker said they will continue to fill in space over the next year and a half, keeping an eye out for the right tenants. “We will be looking for the right mix of uses to put together the centre to service the community,” he said. “We won’t do every deal that comes along.”

The groundbreaking was used to announce a new YM-YWCA will be included in the tenant mix, taking up about 10,000 square feet.

http://www.timescolo...spital-1.697472

#39 weisguy86

weisguy86
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

20131117_141434Medium_zpsfe493fca.jpg

20131117_141412Medium_zps5615a0be.jpg

20131117_141510Medium_zps44072576.jpg

#40 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Looks like the office building is five floors. This will be the tallest office building this far out in the suburbs (now that the office building at Capital City Centre is kaput)

victoria-eaglecreekvillage-05.jpg

• Nparker likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users