BUILT
Dockside Green, tower 1
Use: condo
Address: 369 Tyee Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 13
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Dockside Green, tower 1 is a 12-storey condominium tower situated along the 300-block of Tyee Road within the ... (view full profile)
Learn more about Dockside Green, tower 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Dockside Green | Condos; offices; commercial

Condo Commercial Office

• Please log in to reply
1697 replies to this topic

#1161 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:33 AM

I noticed on the main page of the Dockside Green website that it states an expected completion of DG by 2027, which I don't recall it saying the last few times I've been on there scouring for some sort of indication that activity might ramp up soon. Any news of what's to come next given that that little office building on Harbour Rd is either done or just about there, and the Merridale Distillery has been approved?

I'm getting antsy.

• Mike K. likes this

#1162 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:09 PM

^ Merridale was approved in September, I believe. The BP is in but not issued.

Edited by Jackerbie, 04 March 2019 - 12:11 PM.

#1163 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:02 PM

The original completion date was 2007 so I’d get an ant trap....

#1164 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:08 PM

A 2027 completion would mean one or two midrise buildings or towers completed every year. They haven't had a major building completed in the last 10 years, so yeah, don't hold your breath.

#1165 Dr. Barillas

Dr. Barillas
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:11 PM

The railyards should just continue along the other side of the bridge. Once upon a time I was excitied to purchase in Dockside, not so much now that it's flatlined. 

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died"

#1166 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:40 PM

Docside missed an entire boom cycle even.
  • Nparker and jonny like this

#1167 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:49 AM

Two actually...

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#1168 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:39 AM

Well, they did get a cluster of buildings up in the last boom so they caught a chunk of it.

#1169 PPPdev

PPPdev
  • 394 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:13 PM

^ Merridale was approved in September, I believe. The BP is in but not issued.

BP is in progress...its a LEED Gold, mass timber distillery. First of its kind in North America (that we know of) so we are taking our time as you can't buy LEED points if you screw up!

#1170 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:02 AM

It will be high Class A office with Acheson Law on the top two floors. Retail on ground is currently for lease through Colliers. 

For those who haven't had a reason to go down Harbour Road recently, this is the completed building at 376 Harbour Road.  

Acheson Law are moved in, and looks like they're still in need of retail tenants (the aerial shot is from the Colliers listing). 

I'm liking this latest addition, facing Point Hope shipyard as it does, and it's nice to see another bit of this stretch completed. 

Attached Images

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg

• jonny and Jackerbie like this

#1171 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:12 AM

If nothing else, this latest addition to Dockside Green helps hide the boxcar-style rental project.

#1172 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:32 AM

As an added feature, there is a putting green on the roof.

• Nparker likes this

#1173 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:49 AM

It just seems way too tall for Victoria.  :banana:

• Nparker, DavidSchell and Promontory Kingpin like this

#1174 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:51 AM

As an added feature, there is a putting green on the roof.

It just seems way too tall for Victoria.  :banana:

The building height to the top of the little flag is within the allowance, so they avoided having to apply for a height variance  ;)

• Bob Fugger likes this

#1175 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,586 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:04 PM

If nothing else, this latest addition to Dockside Green helps hide the boxcar-style rental project.

I was going to comment that at least it hides that god-awful shipping container directly behind it. Bejebus that is one fugly little cuss of a structure, completely at odds with the form and style of the surrounding buildings. At best it looks a like a warehouse.

• Nparker likes this

#1176 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:14 PM

I was going to comment that at least it hides that god-awful shipping container directly behind it. Bejebus that is one fugly little cuss of a structure...

Perhaps it's meant to pay homage to the stunning low-cost housing of the past like Evergreen Terrace.

#1177 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 05 April 2019 - 07:39 AM

I was going to comment that at least it hides that god-awful shipping container directly behind it. Bejebus that is one fugly little cuss of a structure, completely at odds with the form and style of the surrounding buildings. At best it looks a like a warehouse.

If anything I would say that the collection of low rise buildings, particularly the shipping container aspects, or more in keeping with the form and style of the neighbourhood. It's the tall building at the back that are out of place, looking like they could be pulled from just about anywhere in Victoria, Vancouver, Kelowna...

I like the industrial aspects. I thought that was one of the defining characters of this neighbourhood, including both Dockside Green and the Railyards.

• thundergun likes this

#1178 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 07:42 AM

I agree with Jackerbie. They make an interesting transition between Point Hope Shipyard and the high rises on Tyee.

#1179 Jared

Jared
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:57 PM

There's some construction started at 395 Harbour Road, next to the Topsoil farm. It seems kind of small so far, just using mini excavators. Anybody know what's going on?

#1180 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:20 PM

There are no issued Building Permits showing on the open data portal, just one that is listed as "On Hold" for a new Dockside Green sales centre. Maybe a clue there, maybe not!

• Mike K., Kapten Kapsell and DavidSchell like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users