BUILT
Dockside Green, tower 1
Use: condo
Address: 369 Tyee Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 13
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Dockside Green, tower 1 is a 12-storey condominium tower situated along the 300-block of Tyee Road within the ... (view full profile)
Learn more about Dockside Green, tower 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Dockside Green | Condos; offices; commercial

Condo Commercial Office

• Please log in to reply
1693 replies to this topic

#1221 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 08:18 PM

Don't forget Merridale.

There was a group of three men walking the site and disturbing the deer yesterday.

This year (and this morning) there has been an much larger increase in noisy hull grinding and pressure washing. It won't be long after the new units are built that the residents start complaining about the noise.

I'm still pro shipyard even with the noise. I'm expecting the new buildings to be a great sound buffer for Promontory/Bayview while echoing it back across to downtown.

I walk by there all the time and never see any movement after 6pm. I wonder what there hours are. Im totally fine with it because Im above in Bayview so I don't hear a thing.

#1222 m3m

m3m
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:51 AM

I lived for a very brief period at Balance at 379 Tyee, basically as close as you could get to the shipyard. I don't recall any issues with noise ever.  I worked odd hours at the time so I was usually sleeping in late and going to work around 4pm. Living downtown is far noisier. 

#1223 m3m

m3m
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:52 AM

I loved looking out at the ships. Interesting landscape.

#1224 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:53 AM

I lived for a very brief period at Balance at 379 Tyee, basically as close as you could get to the shipyard. I don't recall any issues with noise ever.  I worked odd hours at the time so I was usually sleeping in late and going to work around 4pm. Living downtown is far noisier. 

I've lived across from the shipyard for five years. I'm also home during the day, every day.

The shipyard and its business has grown considerably over the last five years. It seems that a larger part of their business has become refurbishing larger navy ships. Most of the noise comes from powerwashing the hulls and grinding deck surfaces when they first haul a ship in. All day Saturday was like sitting in a lawn chair outside a car spray wash.

Noise tends to travel up, so there is a clear shot from most of the action directly to Promontory.

We rarely use the air conditioner and have our windows open always. If we close the windows then the noise is significantly reduced. We just prefer fresh air.

Again, I'm hoping this summer is an aberration and that the noisy work will be reduced in the future.

#1225 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:44 PM

Bosa (the other ones) is having a community engagement meeting for Dockside Green tonight. Heard from a neighbor who lives there, but I didn't ask any other details.

#1226 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:58 PM

Three mid-rise towers slated for the Tyee Road frontage, as we surmised some time ago.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1227 TheCesspit

TheCesspit
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:55 PM

Looks like completion is due around mid-2022.

• condough likes this

#1228 condough

condough
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:21 PM

Hope the forum rules allow this, I'm new but a long-term lurker.

I went to the open house, there's lots of detail about the plans here:

http://www.brookpoon...oards-web-1.pdf

Just a resident, not affiliated with Dockside but thought that might be valuable to anyone interested. 

Oh and I've got to say, VV's registration process is a pain; wouldn't allow Yahoo email, and the actual validation process is broken.

Admin may want to check the validation links that get sent in the registration email as there's a § character stuffed between "module=global", and what should be "section":

?app=core&module=global§ion=register&do=05   ...instead of:

?app=core&module=global&section=register&do=05

#1229 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:54 AM

Welcome aboard! Sorry the registration was a challenge. We will throw Mike K another donut and get him working on that. Your post and any from the meeting are greatly appreciated!
  • sebberry likes this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#1230 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:55 AM

Yes, thanks condough.

We’re working on a replacement for the forum software but it’s been a slow process as it ties into the Citified interface and has to wait for that update to complete.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1231 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 09:28 AM

The tower levels are a bit on the blah side but the podiums and the ground details look great.

Bosa-Tyee-Greenway_Phase-Sept2019-01.jpg

Bosa-Tyee-Greenway_Phase-Sept2019-02.jpg

Edited by aastra, 27 September 2019 - 01:22 PM.

#1232 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:44 AM

Thank you, condough!

Tower 1: 13-storeys, 106-units of condos

Tower 2: 14-storeys, 113-units of condos

Tower 3: 16-storeys, 150-units of rentals

Dockside Green's comeback could yield 369 condo and rental residences across three towers

https://victoria.cit...s-three-towers/

• Nparker likes this
Know it all.

#1233 PPPdev

PPPdev
  • 393 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:07 AM

ADP recommended denial of the application...

#1234 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:17 AM

I feel like they're just putting Victorians on. They're waiting for people to absolutely flip out, and then they'll all start snickering and say "Gotcha!".

#1235 condough

condough
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for the welcome train! No worries about my signup, glad I figured out the broken link but figured I better mention in case others haven't been so lucky.

Thank you to all involved with providing this forum. I've moved a few times now within Victoria, so between this site and Citified, I've been able to find out a lot and stay in the loop, even before moving to the island.

I arrived 10mins late to the Dockside event but I think it was mainly just a show and tell of those PDFs on display boards. 

So, any guesses how traffic might look in an area this size with 1200 new units, assuming decent vacancy? My guess if this finally comes together, things will feel quite different this side of the bridge.

#1236 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:40 PM

My two cents:

A couple of new residential buildings will have little if any impact on traffic in the immediate area. Supermarkets and other popular commercial uses are the things that readily create new traffic and aggravate existing traffic. Consider the traffic related to the Vic West shopping plaza and then imagine if Parc Residences and the existing Dockside Green residential buildings were gone from the picture. Would you even notice the difference in traffic? I doubt it.

Which reminds me, what's the traffic situation like around Mason Street now? What's the verdict?

• Nparker likes this

#1237 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:42 PM

Supermarkets and other popular commercial uses are the things that readily create new traffic and aggravate existing traffic.

Or a large place of employment, some decently large office complex or whatever. But as we all know, office-heavy zones have traffic twice a day, and then all but nothing during the evening and on weekends.

#1238 condough

condough
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:36 PM

Thanks for the input. I've only been over to the new Save-On once so can't comment there. Let's not forget climate strikes haha. And bridge closures.. starting to feel trapped on Tyee, that bicycle of mine is looking better all the time.  

• Mike K. likes this

#1239 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,401 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 06:40 PM

...Which reminds me, what's the traffic situation like around Mason Street now...

As someone who walks past this area at least several times a week, I can't say I have noticed much change in the traffic since Save-on-Foods opened. Once the city starts ****ing around with Vancouver Street, it will be an entirely different story.

#1240 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 03:57 PM

I wonder when they plan to start pre sales and what prices will be. In the Tyee rd view photo it looks like there is a lane out front of the buildings with lawn separating it from Tyee or were they just trying to make Tyee look like it has some nice lawn on the boulevard on the far side? Might be hard getting in and out of the underground if it is directly on Tyee. I lived in the Balance building for a while years ago and it was a pain getting in and out during peak times especially if you weren't going with the flow of traffic. The units facing Tyee may have a nice water view from the higher floors if they aren't blocked by Promontory. Will be interesting to see how this progresses. 

Edited by songheesguy, 28 September 2019 - 03:59 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)