BUILT
Dockside Green, tower 1
Use: condo
Address: 369 Tyee Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 13
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Dockside Green, tower 1 is a 12-storey condominium tower situated along the 300-block of Tyee Road within the ... (view full profile)
Learn more about Dockside Green, tower 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Dockside Green | Condos; offices; commercial

Condo Commercial Office

• Please log in to reply
1693 replies to this topic

#1121 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

"The 49-unit affordable-housing project at 370 Harbour Ave. is called Madrona. Construction started in the summer of 2016 and was completed this week"

~ http://www.timescolo...reen-1.23075129

ChekNews reported that Madrona is still looking for residents.  Makes one wonder why there isn't an established waiting list for these types of projects

I doubt that they are looking for residents unless it is for the 4 bedroom units which rent for $1650 a month. The building is being managed by Pacifica and they have waiting lists years long. 

#1122 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:50 AM

^ I thought name calling our local supreme leaders was verboten now....

How can anyone really be sure as to whom I was actually referring or even if that was just a typo?

#1123 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:47 AM

Rezoning application for the Merridale Distillery and Brewhouse is in with the City. Plans are on the Dev Tracker, here: https://tender.victo...Number=REZ00619

I didn't realize before, but this is right behind the Madrona Affordable Housing building. They will share a rear access lane. The silos will be located outside the building, like at Phillips, which will add a nice industrial look to Harbour Road.

• Kapten Kapsell and Mr.B like this

#1124 Mr.B

Mr.B
  • 139 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:35 PM

I didn't realize before, but this is right behind the Madrona Affordable Housing building. They will share a rear access lane. The silos will be located outside the building, like at Phillips, which will add a nice industrial look to Harbour Road.

Looks like they are just showing Madrona as context reference... easy to interpret that as the location with the neighborhood context plan right next to it.  The site is actually between Farmer and the Biomass bldg.  Either way, looks great and will be a welcome addition to the neighborhood! 

• thundergun likes this

#1125 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:44 PM

Rezoning application for the Merridale Distillery and Brewhouse is in with the City. Plans are on the Dev Tracker, here: https://tender.victo...Number=REZ00619

Not quite, from the design pdf:

Merridale distillery.png

#1126 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

Looks like they are just showing Madrona as context reference... easy to interpret that as the location with the neighborhood context plan right next to it.  The site is actually between Farmer and the Biomass bldg.  Either way, looks great and will be a welcome addition to the neighborhood! 

Ah, gotcha. The "Between CI-3 and the Greenway" image made me think otherwise. Thanks for the catch!

#1127 PPPdev

PPPdev
  • 393 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

Yeah our project is currently where the lighted cubes are inbetween the Farmer building and District Energy System. 

If you guys have any questions about our proposal, I'd be happy to help!

Edited by PPPdev, 02 November 2017 - 05:48 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#1128 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

I think it looks great. A few questions (which might be more for Merridale):

-if all goes as planned, when are you hoping to open?

-is the rooftop going to be a separate restaurant or part of the Merridale group? Looks like a great private rent-able event space.

-are there plans for awnings/heaters on the ground and rooftop patio sections?

-also, it seems like there are a lot of bathrooms for a building this size. 

Excited for this great addition to the neighbourhood!

• Mr.B likes this

#1129 PPPdev

PPPdev
  • 393 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:29 AM

I think it looks great. A few questions (which might be more for Merridale):

-if all goes as planned, when are you hoping to open?

-is the rooftop going to be a separate restaurant or part of the Merridale group? Looks like a great private rent-able event space.

-are there plans for awnings/heaters on the ground and rooftop patio sections?

-also, it seems like there are a lot of bathrooms for a building this size. 

Excited for this great addition to the neighbourhood!

Yo Thundergun:

- Spring 2019

- Rooftop will be a part of the larger building operations. The building architecturally and operationally is split between production and retail. 

- Yes, still working through what that may look like but we love outdoor seating so we'll be pushing for as many months as possible outside

- Yes, the washroom design is shared so no girls/boys, very similar to what Fantastico has at Dockside

We are really excited for the project, the feedback we've had to date has been very positive.

• thundergun and DougG like this

#1130 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:08 AM

Do we know if the rental buildings have received occupancy?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1131 Daveyboy

Daveyboy
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:13 PM

Yes, some units had renters move in two weeks ago.

• Mike K. likes this

#1132 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:35 PM

Good move. The “green” is an artifact of cool marketing buzzwords from the early 00’s.

Oh well, the Green is back...  Although, following their project link takes you to docksidebybosa.com, so they might want to also rename their domain.  

Bosa Dockside Green.jpg

Here is what it looked like on October 10th:

post-2217-0-78654300-1507686603.jpg

Edited by Gary H, 14 December 2017 - 04:37 PM.

#1133 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

A new commercial building?

I don't recall a new building going up in this location.  Looks to be going up in front of Madrona.  Anyone know what it is?

28117808839_5491518573_k.jpg

26025510258_27a24d70bc_k.jpg

#1134 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

A new commercial building? I don't recall a new building going up in this location.  Looks to be going up in front of Madrona...

Anything that even partially obscures Madrona can't be all bad. Is it the "ghost" building shown in this rendering?

ghost.jpg

#1135 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:52 PM

An update on DG from a chat with their people at Vic West Street Fest yesterday:

The next building to go up at DG will be directly in front of the Madrona building on Harbour Rd. It will be very similar to the building next to it (388 Harbour Rd) in terms of sizing/massing and but with some minor cosmetic changes. This local law firm (http://www.achesonlaw.ca/) will be moving in to the top two floors, while the ground floor will be commercial space. Didn't get a firm word on when this would be starting but likely not too long after the Madrona is completed this summer.

The second building to get started should be the Merridale brewpub building which has been discussed earlier. It is going to be on the location of where the cubes currently sit on Harbour Rd (around here).

The next two residential towers along Tyee Rd are expected to start soonish as well. No firm dates but they sounded optimistic - perhaps early next year.

They are building from the north to the south in general. The section between Harbour Rd and the Bay Street bridge (where topsoil is now), which was previously expected to be built out last, could now be done in the middle of the DG buildout, with the corner closest to the JSB being the last.

• jonny and Gary H like this

#1136 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:13 PM

And some more info here: https://victoria.cit...dockside-green/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1137 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

Okay, so in the rendering above they took some large but subdued unit numbers and painted them next to the doors.  In the as built, they put gigantic unit numbers on the doors AND added huge building addresses.  From this side it makes the whole Madrona project look like a self-storage facility.  A self-store in and of itself is not inappropriate for the area but these are supposed to be rental homes - oh well, welcome to my storage unit.

From the rendering on the Citified.ca page, the AchesonLaw Building will pretty much block most of Madrona.  I took some pics near the end of the day, during cycling rush hour.

39920947191_7b36434f3a_k.jpg

39888282142_af1b58476e_k.jpg

39920945781_52008a9128_k.jpg

Edited by Gary H, 26 January 2018 - 10:07 PM.

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

#1138 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:50 PM

...From this side it makes the whole Madrona project look like a self-storage facility.  A self-store in and of itself is not inappropriate for the area but these are supposed to be rental homes - oh well, welcome to my storage unit...

It seems like a deliberate attempt was made to have an "as unpleasant as possible" aesthetic for the Madrona project. Presumably, the goal was industrial chic but ended up as industrial cheap. "Welcome to my storage unit" indeed.

• DougG likes this

#1139 DougG

DougG
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

They've got all the style and charm of an Atco trailer.

• Nparker likes this

#1140 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:24 AM

They may look a bit better as an inner walkway accessible units, rather than the higher profile on Harbour Rd. 

Edited by Hotel Mike, 09 February 2018 - 10:20 AM.

• Daveyboy likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users