BUILT
Dockside Green, tower 1
Use: condo
Address: 369 Tyee Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 13
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Dockside Green, tower 1 is a 12-storey condominium tower situated along the 300-block of Tyee Road within the ... (view full profile)
Learn more about Dockside Green, tower 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Dockside Green | Condos; offices; commercial

Condo Commercial Office

• Please log in to reply
1697 replies to this topic

#101 djp

djp
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:30 PM

Ah, thanks for the info. That should help mix things up a little bit, and give it less of a massive wall appearance. I'm sure once the finishing details are done and landscaping, etc. it will look much better. But that one pic gave me a bit of a shock. :shock:

#102 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:23 PM

I'm sure after a wall like this is built some councillors and community associations will be demanding even shorter buildings, not taller skinnier ones.

#103 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:51 PM

Would be valuable to all of the commentators went down and did a walk about on the site instead of reacting to a picture....

Then go an compare what they have seen with the models of Dockside Green...

Also...

Perhaps someone will discover that the newest part of Upper Harbour Place has blocked the wide and "distant' view of the Old City for all those who drive, pedal or walk along Tyee to cross at the Bay Street Bridge...

Oh well!

#104 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:19 PM

ya oh well. there's always the brige for that great view of the city. or lease an office in that building!

#105 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:29 AM

I agree with IBA it is going to be very nice down there. THough too bad Dockside didn't go for higher density. Also everyone has to remember that the next two Dockside buildings are much taller.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#106 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:37 PM

^but not tall enough, and how about massing, will they take up the entire site, and destroy the views?

#107 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:29 PM

Joe's still fighting City Hall over DCCs. The City would look pretty bad if Dockside gets into financial trouble.

[quote]Dockside Green's developer cries foul over rising city costs

Carolyn Heiman, Times Colonist
Published: Saturday, March 03, 2007

Victoria's eco-friendly developer is crying foul over the city's plan to jack up development cost charges this fall.

[...][/url:31eb3]
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#108 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:37 PM

Charge for the DCCs, give Dockside more of the density is deperately needs and then realize larger tax revenue from the density. It's a no-brainer, but for the folks who championed DG as a model development proud of its low-rise design and medium-density an upzoning will cry defeat.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#109 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:46 PM

I like the bit that says may need to go for higher density.

The something else could include adjusting the price, creating a special zone with lower DCCs or offering Dockside additional density on the property, which will be developed over eight years.

It has a whole new look!

#110 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

Article from the latest issue of Boulevard Magazine.

GREENER, CLEANER SHORES
Dockside Green is set to tread lightly on Victoria's waterfront

By Katherine Gordon

I hereby promise my scans will be straight from here on in.

#111 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:13 AM

That is a preety good article. Far better then the other boulevard offering.

It has a whole new look!

#112 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:17 AM

Yes, and Katherine Gordon has been writing for Focus, too.
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#113 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:00 AM

Foundation work for Balance, phase II, has begun!

Synergy's 8-storey building is now working its way up to the 7th floor and glass installation has stepped up for the 5-storey building.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#114 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:00 AM

Dockside Green gets greener with new heating plan
Bill Cleverley, Times Colonist
Published: Friday, March 16, 2007

Arguing less is more, Dockside Green on Victoria's Upper Harbour is no longer planning to both heat and power its development on site.

Windmill Developments has shifted its plans from utilizing a co-generating plant that would supply both heat and electricity to using hydronic (water-based) technology to provide heat but not electricity.

[...]

#115 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:13 AM

I'm starting to feel bad for VB. His political "allies" steered him down the path of low-density and difficult financial times by trying to prove to the world that low-density, low-rise developments are as profitable as those horrid high-density highrise developments.

Know it all.

#116 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:30 AM

You're a cynical man, derf. :wink:

#117 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

Know it all.

#118 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:25 PM

Know it all.

#119 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:37 PM

Those blank faces on Parc Residences will always bug me. Even a sliver of glass down the length of them would have worked wonders.

#120 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:31 AM

Anyone happen to know what the third phase of the project entails?

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users