APPROVED
Roundhouse Marketplace
Use: commercial
Address: Esquimalt Road at Sitkum Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 1
Roundhouse Marketplace is the first phase of Bayview Place's Roundhouse neighbourhood. Comprised of commercial... (view full profile)
Learn more about Roundhouse Marketplace on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Roundhouse at Bayview Place | Condos; rentals; hotel; commercial | 2008 plan approved | 2020 plan proposed

Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
1035 replies to this topic

#241 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:49 AM

Could that be referring to the retail portion of the Roundhouse project? With a date set it would imply they have control over a timeline for something. But stay tuned, I'll put in a request for info.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#242 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

At Spinakkers... ordered the Roundhouse Red Ale. Asked the bartender if this was homage to the move over to the Roundhouse... comment back was "eventually".
  • Mike K. likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#243 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

The retail space in the condo completed on Cloverdale east of Blanshard will be occupied by the Roundhouse Cafe. Odd name for that location.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#244 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:28 AM

The building is rounded at that side.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#245 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

But didn't we discuss in an earlier thread that the streetcar terminus was around there?

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#246 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

The application for a brewery/distillery and retail liquor sales goes before the Planning and Land Use Committee tomorrow. The zoning already allows for a brewery but it does not encompass exactly what the industry is looking for when leasing space for this type of operation. In short, what is already approved for the site is a general usage, while Focus Equities is now seeking a more refined description for the brewery/distillery space.

Know it all.

#247 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

My dream brewery would be Hoyne!

• Mr Cook Street likes this

#248 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

It's interesting that the leasing signage for Cushman & Wakefiled has been replaced with direct contacts for Focus Equities.  However, if you visit the C&W website, Roundhouse is still listed as a leasing opportunity.  They also have what they call a "leasing final preview" brochure: http://matrix.cwcana...nal_preview.pdf

On page three of that brochure is some info I haven't seen before, including some basic lease rates and those two "boxcar retail" locations.

It may also be telling that they list the development as a grocery anchored retail centre and then go on to list various "property types", including a "junior anchor".  To me this implies that a grocery anchor has already been signed. http://cushwakeretai...-bayview-place/   :banana: 

Final pre-leasing brouchure.png

Edited by Gary H, 04 June 2014 - 02:22 PM.

• James Bay walker likes this

#249 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

The folks at Roundhouse have forwarded more information regarding these boxcars and are asking for feedback from us.

"Part of our vision is converting 6 or 7 old rail cars into sort of food trucks and we would love to hear back from the community about whether or not there is support for this."

roundhouse-boxcars.jpg

Know it all.

#250 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

Love the idea!
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#251 wightpalen

wightpalen
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

I think that would be so cool...................

#252 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

I like it. We need a breakfast joint though.....

#253 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

Ya, if they are done right, they would be absolutely awesome.  But they would only be fair-weather outlets unless you can incorporate a cool central court eating area for poor weather/8 months of the year.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#254 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Ah see that's a big issue right there. What happens in the off season?

If that can be addressed I'd love these things in my neighborhood :)

Know it all.

#255 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

It would also be cool if they leave all the rails there, and just pour concrete between them, so you still see the tops.  A railyard, by design, is flat of course.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#256 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

Oh man, what Focus should do is partner with the Food Network's "Great Food Truck Race" and create the first Canadian version of the show for the 2015-16 season and make it so the winner gets their very own Roundhouse boxcar!  That would be awesome and provide so much publicity for Roundhouse that there may be a waiting list to get into the other cars, or other retail locations.  :thumbsup:

http://www.foodnetwo...truck-race.html

Edited by Gary H, 09 June 2014 - 06:04 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#257 rambaldi

rambaldi
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

6 or 7 rail cars might be pushing it... if they locate them properly throughout the property, it could work.

While the site looks big, it's not overly large especially with all the other features being considered for the "courtyard".  I would hate to have it feel overcrowded with rail cars.  1 or 2 rail cars might do the the trick. Having too many could end up making it look a bit cheesy / touristy.

#258 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

I think two would be too few as it would not attract enough people.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#259 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

There are less than 100 parking stalls there.  What am I missing?

#260 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

Walkers from the nearby neighborhoods?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users