Wildlife photos in the city

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

#521 todd

todd
  • 7,356 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:51 PM

I like wolves.

Edited by todd, 26 March 2020 - 08:51 PM.

#522 lanforod

lanforod
  • 7,573 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:36 AM

That lake ecosystem like most of them on the island is a stocked one, twice a year by DFO, with a virtually endless supply of fry grown by biologists. It is also a species that is not an apex predator, many of which (wolves, bears, the big cats) head the lists of the most endangered animals. Unfortunately there are no wolf or bear farms I'm aware of, mass producing millions of those animals as replacements. That pic above was my second fish kept (the other being a salmon on the San Juan River in 2011). You also make the assumption the others were mine when in fact they were not.

You've kept 2 fish in 9 years? Seriously? Don't you like to eat them? nom nom...

#523 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 12,438 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:44 AM

well just like the dfo stocking with fish, I only go out to kill wolves after they have had a successful birthing season. so for example if a wolf mother has given birth to say 4 or 5 offspring I figure her time is up.

#524 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,036 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:32 AM

Almost all hunting in BC is for food, there has never been a large amount of trophy hunting of any species.   Trophy hunting is not cheap and the licence fees help fund the conservation officers

• Victoria Watcher likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users