Photo

[Downtown Victoria] 734-736 Broughton remodel | Canceled

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

This project goes before City Council's Committee of the Whole tomorrow at 9 am.

Also known as the Lindholm Building or the Japanese Village restaurant building, the plan is to re-skin the exterior, extend the top floor and add a cafe to the public walkway side of the building. In a separate application, the owners of 747 Fort (Staples) applied to revamp the public walkway to make it safer and more attractive. There are currently no proposals for the large parking lot immediately to the east.

#2 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:43 AM

Interesting. So what sort of look would they be going for with the renovation?

#3 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:23 PM

A much cleaner and lighter look with glass and aluminum with brick accents near the ground floor.

This project passed on to the next phase at this morning's Committee of the Whole.

#4 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:41 PM

Not sure where lot 736 is.

#5 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:32 PM

Must be that narrow strip in between 734 and 740.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#6 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:35 PM

Even projects like this make me so happy. We have SO many parking lots, under built lots, and expandable buildings in the city. If the city stopped giving free water and utilities to sprawl and made them pay the real costs for the infrastructure, transit, utilities, and environmental costs, I think we'd see more little projects like this.

Imagine, half the little 2-3 story buildings in town that are structuraly able to have another floor added on top. Every little 1 story shop could easily fit a little wood-frame condo on top of it with the extra roof space turned into little gardens. Hell, we could even build some gardens for the blind up there.

Ah, sorry, I'm just dreaming...
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#7 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

Just noticed that the lot next door to this is for sale and I wish I had a camera because it says on it, "Ocean View" !!!!!!!!!!!

This on a lot with a 4 storey office to the South and the Sussex to the West. I mean just how tall would you have to go to get ocean views and don't forget the Falls is going in to the South West of here and further south you have the Astoria and Belvedere. I mean 20 storeys? That should be illegal.

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:05 AM

What's the status of the remodel?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:40 PM

I was in the area recently... and it looks like a building entrance may be under construction for the east side of this building (facing the surface lot).

#10 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:32 AM

I was in the area recently... and it looks like a building entrance may be under construction for the east side of this building (facing the surface lot).

I went by last night and I can confirm that the side entrance is complete (it's done in a fairly crisp/modern style). The building is seeking a retail tenant.

#11 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:41 AM

That new side entrance they cut into the wall has been done for at least a year.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users