Concerts in Victoria + region + music industry news

• Please log in to reply
3051 replies to this topic

#2481 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 11:23 PM

If you sit down with Rumours, and really give it a listen ... the voice that most folks associate directly with the sound of FM is Christine's voice. 

Whether she's singing with Buckingham or Nicks (or both of them), her voice is the solid anchor for almost all the ensemble songs in their repertoire.

Sure there's the Nicks solos, and the Buckingham/Nicks mega-hits (but even they always have a bit of Christine in the background) ... but Ms. Perfect was the anchor voice of Fleewood Mac.

Interesting side-note to the mega-successful Rumours is that the album was engineered by Ken Caillat, whose daughter happens to be the brilliant Colby Caillat, with two of her own Grammys, six million albums sold, and ten million singles sold (all produced and engineered by her dad, as you would expect).

#2482 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,014 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 11:41 PM

I think the Vancouver stop was around that same time? It was a great concert.

I meant the restaurant.

#2483 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,857 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 11:43 AM

Morgan Wallen coming to Seattle.

#2484 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,857 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 11:01 PM

In a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles, a group of 26 Swift fans accuses Ticketmaster and its parent company, Live Nation Entertainment, of intentional misrepresentation, fraud, price fixing and antitrust violations, among other unlawful practices, over the bungled pre-sale. The lawsuit was first reported by TMZ.

The plaintiffs allege Ticketmaster "intentionally and purposefully misled" purchasers about the availability of tickets, allowed scalpers and bots to buy tickets, and "was eager" to allow resales that would bring in extra fees.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...aster-1.6674179

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 04 December 2022 - 11:02 PM.

#2485 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,857 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 11:14 AM

PATRICK CHAN RETURNS TO STARS ON ICE

JOINING ICONS KURT BROWNING AND ELVIS STOJKO

MAY 16 AT THE SAVE-ON-FOODS MEMORIAL CENTRE

International Cast Includes World’s Top Dance and Pair Teams

TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9th

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 05 December 2022 - 11:14 AM.

#2486 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,014 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 12:35 PM

Red Hot Chili Peppers with my fave City and Colour, March 29 BC Place. Strange opener for the RHCP I think but it’ll be a great show. Presale on today, got my 12!

Still lots of good tickets available but they are going quick. Presale code is blacksummer.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#2487 kayla

kayla
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 01:13 PM

Red Hot Chili Peppers with my fave City and Colour, March 29 BC Place. Strange opener for the RHCP I think but it’ll be a great show. Presale on today, got my 12!

Still lots of good tickets available but they are going quick. Presale code is blacksummer.

and King Princess who is an amazing performer as well!

• Matt R. likes this

#2488 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,014 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 01:38 PM

Looking forward to it! I had 8 seats in my cart, first row behind the pit, $6000… managed to hit the cancel button but probably could have doubled my money already.

#2489 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,857 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 02:23 PM

Ticketmaster dropped the ball with Taylor Swift on-sale, now it seem Morgan Wallen "verified fan" lists are causing similar issues.

Artists are trying to use different channels to allow "Real" fans to get their tickets and not a bunch of bots and ticket scalpers, but it seems the "verified fan" portal is turning real fans away and not accepting them either. It's making it even harder to actually just buy tickets to a show you wanna see.

With the high demand for tickets before they even hit the pre-sale market, Wallen added several more dates to his tour for double nights in many cities including Atlanta. Even so, my wife got denied as a "verified fan" AND I'M IN THE INDUSTRY! It seems she's not alone.

https://buckeyecount...ified-fan-list/

#2490 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 03:18 PM

Looking forward to it! I had 8 seats in my cart, first row behind the pit, $6000… managed to hit the cancel button but probably could have doubled my money already.

What the… $6000?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2491 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 03:31 PM

What the… $6000?

Free market, supply and demand, blah blah blah

#2492 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 03:46 PM

The arts never looked so good.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2493 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,014 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 04:28 PM

What the… $6000?

Those were some prime seats, $600 plus fees and taxes I guess. These are for a staff event but a little too rich for my blood! Went for the $250 ones a few rows back, still on the floor.

#2494 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,014 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 04:29 PM

The arts never looked so good.

Thousands of $89 tickets too. I haven’t been to BC Place for a long time, but I don’t think it’s one of these places where “there are no bad seats” like in some other large venues.

#2495 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 06 December 2022 - 11:33 PM

Should be fine even for high up ones. U2 360 tour was good.
  • Matt R. likes this

#2496 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,857 posts

Posted 08 December 2022 - 04:26 AM

Celine Dion, 54, is diagnosed with incurable neurological disease: Tearful singer reveals she has rare 1 in a million 'Stiff Person Syndrome' that turns sufferers into 'human statues'

https://www.dailymai...n-Syndrome.html

The 54-year-old singer addressed her fans in a tearful Instagram post on Thursday as she revealed it has forced her to cancel her European tour. 

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 08 December 2022 - 04:27 AM.

#2497 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,014 posts

Posted 08 December 2022 - 10:50 PM

Death Cab for Cutie and The Postal Service are hitting the road for the 20th anniversary of their seminal albums, and my personal favourites so you know I gotta go. No Canadian stop, Seattle is as close as we get. I guess they figure the two sold out shows at the Commodore in June would dilute Vancouver ticket sales?

Now the question is Seattle, LA or Vegas. The LA show is at the Hollywood Bowl which would be pretty great I bet!

Presale is next week. Sign up early for the code.

https://giveuptransa...subid=287595272
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#2498 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 09 December 2022 - 07:57 AM

If you’ve been itching to see Vegas it’s great to also get in a show you want to see.

The bowl would be neat.

Seattle is too close.

Know it all.

#2499 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,857 posts

Posted 09 December 2022 - 08:04 AM

Yes that bowl sounds cool.

#2500 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 09 December 2022 - 09:03 AM

If you’ve been itching to see Vegas it’s great to also get in a show you want to see.

The bowl would be neat.

Seattle is too close.

You can probably fly to and stay in Vegas for less than it would cost you to travel to and spend a couple of nights in Seattle! 

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users