• Please log in to reply
3036 replies to this topic

#1701 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 07:21 PM

As of September 2017, the average wage for Canadian employees was $986 a week

https://careers.work...ages-right-now/

Yeah, but net that's only $54. Or will be by the time Trudeau's finished.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1702 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:23 AM

... Impressed the Eagles rated that highly for you Sparky after Frey's passing...

So was I. To be honest I didn't see that coming.

Picture this.

It was a delight day arriving at a boutique hotel in downtown Seattle. Poking around some antique shops in downtown, having a delightful meal, and then hopping a hack to Safeco Field. The crowd was joyous, calm, and respectful as we all found our assigned seats.

The Doobie Brothers was the warm up band. Not a bad way to start off the show. The acoustics were better than expected...the many large video displays and the roving shoulder held cameramen enabled the audience a closeup of the performers facial expressions and fingerboard expertise. The acid like lighting techniques were amazing.

The stadium was charged with excitement and familiar tunes that reminded one of lifelong memory moments filled the air.

Vince Gill and Deacon Fry (Glenn's son) not only filled a void left by Glenn's passing, they added a depth to the music that surpassed eveyone's expectations.

Joe Walsh was on fire... front and center...grinding on his axe...and still making the hair on my arms stand up whenever I think about the almost 9 minute rendition of Hotel California.

It was just one of those situations when the stars seemed to align for a truly unforgettable experience. We met some other concert goers in a bar after the show and it seemed that everyone felt the same. It took us a quite while to come down.
  • AllseeingEye and Hotel Mike like this

#1703 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:29 PM

I've seen them twice in the last few years,and fully agree with the above sentiments. Sends shivers down the spine when the lights go down and they launch into 7 Bridges Road.

https://youtu.be/c-q7Mih69KE

#1704 BasementFM

BasementFM
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:02 PM

The Eagles documentary on Netflix is a must see for any fan.  Didn't hit the fast forward button once, and I'm kind of impatient when watching anything fast forwardable.

• Mike K. and Hotel Mike like this

#1705 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,294 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:02 AM

last weekend was song and surf at  port  renfrew.   no sign that tall tree is returning.

https://talltreemusi...tival.com/2017/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 February 2019 - 10:04 AM.

#1706 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:12 AM

Coheed and Cambria plus Mastodon are on tour this summer, playing Seattle on June 22. Outdoor snow at Mary Moore park. Presale is on now. I would go, but....

Alexisonfire announced some shows for June as well. LA, NY, Toronto and London! Presale starts Monday I think. They had a great little social media promotion for this announcement.

Matt.

#1707 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:47 AM

last weekend was song and surf at  port  renfrew.   no sign that tall tree is returning.

https://talltreemusi...tival.com/2017/

Tall Tree is unlikely to return this year. Much of their equipment was stolen in the summer, and it is uncertain if the usual venue will be available. The general vibe is that there is interest in seeing Tall Tree return in a new wilderness venue, if one can be found.

#1708 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:42 AM

Pentatonix will be at Rogers Arena in Vancouver on July 2

#1709 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:59 AM

Ouch, those are some steep ticket prices. Nosebleeds i guess are doable, at least Rogers isn't so huge as BC Place.

Edited by lanforod, 21 February 2019 - 11:00 AM.

#1710 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:27 PM

Alexisonfire just added second shows in LA, NYC and Toronto and yet I still can’t score any tickets on the presales. Hugely popular still it would seem. I’ll try again tomorrow morning for the regular sale. :)

Matt.

#1711 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:38 PM

I've long been in love Kirstin Maldonados voice.

Edited by Cassidy, 21 February 2019 - 12:40 PM.

#1712 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:35 PM

The Eagles documentary on Netflix is a must see for any fan. Didn't hit the fast forward button once, and I'm kind of impatient when watching anything fast forwardable.

What is it called?

#1713 BasementFM

BasementFM
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:10 PM

History of the Eagles- The Story of an American Band.

#1714 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 01:56 PM

History of the Eagles- The Story of an American Band.

Don’t see it on Netflix. Found a documentary on another great US rock band Chicago that was interesting.

Also, for Canadian hard rock fans, the documentary about Anvil (on Netflix) is arguably one of the best rock music docs ever made.

Edited by spanky123, 26 February 2019 - 09:37 PM.

#1715 BasementFM

BasementFM
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:12 PM

Too bad Netflix took it down, but you can borrow the DVD from the public library.  Well worth it....and free!  I watched the Chicago doc as well.  Peter Cetera and David Foster didn't come off so well.  Looks like the band is glad to be back to its roots of lots of brass and less sap.

• Greg likes this

#1716 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:37 PM

Too bad Netflix took it down, but you can borrow the DVD from the public library.  Well worth it....and free!  I watched the Chicago doc as well.  Peter Cetera and David Foster didn't come off so well.  Looks like the band is glad to be back to its roots of lots of brass and less sap.

Another good Netflix music doc is 'Hired Gun'. Foster is in that as well and fares as well!

#1717 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,294 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 04:40 AM

david foster will play a somewhat private show at the mission hill winery in keliwna

#1718 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:26 PM

Going to Vancouver for a show on Sat March 23. Staying over Sunday night March 24. Trying to find a listing for music events. Looking for something casual in a lounge or pub. Staying in the Coal Harbour area so would prefer to stay downtown. 

Any suggestions for likely venues? Or where to find listings?

#1719 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

do604.com will have event listings.

• Redd42 likes this

#1720 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

The Straight generally has a good grasp of what's going on. If anything I find their event listings too exhaustive sometimes! https://www.straight.../listings/music

• Redd42 likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users