Photo

Citiwide Wi-Fi (MCK Advance Technologies)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FunkyMunky

FunkyMunky
  • 416 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:35 PM

Does anyone know what became of the free wi-fi signal that was discussed back in the first half of 2006? I've never noticed one popping up on my MacBook's wi-fi list but I wasn't sure if I was ever in the right spot to get a signal. [url=http://www.citiwidebroadband.com/:6966e]CitiWide[/url:6966e] / Citi Wide / City Wide (They use all three spellings of their name on their home page!) website doesn't say much but points to two newpaper articles from last year.

#2 Rorschach

Rorschach

Truth is my bitch!

• 758 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:11 AM

I've tried diligently to pick up the signal in all the areas supposedly covered. I have not found it. You can pick up the Best Western on Bellville St and a marine service provider (payment required) in the Inner Harbor area and that's it.

#3 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:59 AM

As an avid laptop user, i was excited when i first heard about this too, although slightly skeptical it would happen since i was never able to figure out how they could give out free bandwidth. Since nothing has obviously come of it my skepticism was well founded. It was nice of the local media to give them the free advertising though. The whole thing sounded like one of John Asfar's (of Traveller's Inn fame) sketchy business propositions.
In chains by Keynes

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:06 PM

As an avid laptop user, i was excited when i first heard about this too, although slightly skeptical it would happen since i was never able to figure out how they could give out free bandwidth. Since nothing has obviously come of it my skepticism was well founded. It was nice of the local media to give them the free advertising though. The whole thing sounded like one of John Asfar's (of Traveller's Inn fame) sketchy business propositions.

Once they dump the CREST sytem they can use it for data transmission maybe.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users