Photo

Earl's | Victoria | Government St. @ View St.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

http://scrapetv.com/...2012-03-30.html

...It’s believed likely that the woman will more or less get her way because she will scare the vast majority of people on the other side of the complaint, with her pale skin and freakish eyes....

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#42 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

And dirty feet!!!
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#43 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

I bet if I was denied entry to this run I'd have a very valid Human Rights complaint.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#44 LocalMom

LocalMom
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

Well then all dwarves have a case with Playskool/FisherPrice:
http://www.fisher-pr...&e=littlepeople

#45 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Wow has this conversation gone totally off topic! LOL
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#46 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – Earls says it loves and welcomes families but it’s not a family restaurant.

The local chain is once again facing backlash from some parents over a lack of highchairs at many of its locations.

Just check some of the many comments left on online forums from new parents who’ve discovered Earls’ policies the hard way:

One young mother, who brought her 10-month-old son to the restaurant’s Langley location, calls it discrimination.

Parents with a nine-month-old baby who went to the Hornby location downtown post: “Shame on Earl’s [sic] for not providing such basic necessities.”

Earls makes no apologies, pointing out that “for over 10 years, [their] renovated restaurants have not, as a rule, offered the space for highchairs or seating that accommodates booster chairs,” adding they are “designed for the type of clientele who establish [their] restaurants, and requests for highchairs are rare.”

Statement from Earls:

“Earls welcomes families with fresh, made from scratch delicious foods and warm friendly staff

Earls is a family owned restaurant group, still run by the Fuller’s, the same family that started it thirty years ago. Earls prepares all our food with fresh ingredients made from scratch, and as such dishes can be easily modified, this is just one of the things that set us apart from many “chain” restaurants. Our menu’s are very popular with young people however our restaurants do not offer a children’s menu, instead we find parents feel many of our appetizers are suitable or, those who wish to, ask for a modified menu preferring those fresh, healthy choices we prepare over a frozen, pre-prepared product other restaurants might offer.

Every restaurant has to make a choice as to what they offer based on their market; from the menu to the decor to the music they play and the volume they play it – even the lighting and the space between tables is a conscious choice of a restaurant. To that end, and although we at Earls love and welcome families, we would not classify ourselves as a family restaurant. For well over ten years our new or renovated restaurants have not, as a rule, offered the space for highchairs or seating that accommodates booster chairs. The restaurants, all of which are individually designed by a team made up exclusively of women, tend to be designed for the type of clientele who establish our restaurants, and requests for highchairs are rare.

http://www.news1130....hairs-at-earls/

Honestly, if they don't have high chairs, don't go there.

#47 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

I tend to go to restaurants that don't have highchairs and screaming kids throwing food around.

#48 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

As a parent I find no issue with this decision and to call it discrimination is silly.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#49 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I tend to go to restaurants that don't have highchairs and screaming kids throwing food around.

Yep. When making a restaurant choice on a night out, I take pains to pick places where there's a slim-to-none chance that there will be children there.

#50 Kikadee

Kikadee
  • 247 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Earl's needs a copy editor more than it needs highchairs.

#51 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Earl's needs a copy editor more than it needs highchairs.

Yes, I agree, what was a tough read.

#52 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Earl's is dropping the "Albino" name from all their marketing/brand names.

#53 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

The Albinos won.

Earls has decided to not serve Albino Rhino any longer because it is offensive to Human Albinos who feel uncomfortable when they hear people ordering an Albino.
What a joke.

Whats next

#54 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:15 PM

Earls restaurant to face human rights hearing over failure to provide high chairs

http://www.theprovin...3877/story.html

#55 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:40 PM

First it was Albino Rhino, now it's high chairs. These guys just can't catch a break.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#56 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:13 PM

First it was Albino Rhino, now it's high chairs. These guys just can't catch a break.

You're leaving out the skirt/pant human rights complaint and the US beef controversy.

http://news.national...ghts-boss-warns

#57 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:19 PM

That's right, they're also catching major flak for switching to a Kansas "certified humane" beef supplier, stating that they couldn't source enough product in Canada.  Hey, it's their company they can source from whomever they choose.

So then why is this such a controversy?  If you don't like where Earl's sources their beef then don't eat there.  If you're a Canadian beef producer who just lost Earl's business then instead of whining you might want to take a look at what this movement is all about and why some of your customers are embracing it.  http://certifiedhumane.org/

• Nparker likes this

#58 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:47 PM

The humane beef thing really blew up my Facebook feed last week. Earl's includes Cactus Club too.

I really don't understand Earl's issue with Canadian beef though. If a cow is sick, what are you supposed to do, NOT give it medicine? Canadian beef standards are very, very high, regardless of whether they are 'humane certified' or not.

#59 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:16 PM

35 years ago there were restaurants that didn't allow children at all. I guess we are past that now.

#60 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

I really don't understand Earl's issue with Canadian beef though. If a cow is sick, what are you supposed to do, NOT give it medicine?

No, they mean non-therapeutic use. They can use medicine to treat illness but not to boost size or efficiency.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users