Anyone know of a licensed coffee place?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:56 AM

Anyone know of a licensed coffee place, maybe the size of Union whatever its called on Herald?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:25 AM

You couldn't wait just four minutes for noon to come before asking?

Peacock Billiards?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#3 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:38 AM

Black Stilt on Hillside:

"The Black Stilt Coffee Lounge is the evening destination for the Camosun and Oaklands neighbourhoods. A chill vibe, great tunes and a stocked liquor cabinet are all part of Victoria’s only out-of-town lounge. Whether you’re looking for a place to get a few drinks before a night on the town or just meeting up with a special someone, remember that a good night starts at The Stilt.

Our liquor menu ranges from classic summer refreshers like real mint Mojitos, Pina Coladas and Margaritas to classic highball favourites such as Gin and Tonics ($3 everyday using Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray Gins), Rum and Cokes, and Vodka Crans. If you’re looking for something to warm you up a bit, we make a variety of spirited coffees or you can just add a shot of goodness to any of your favourite coffee beverages.

Don’t forget to check out our events page because the Black Stilt features live music every Saturday and is home to the Planet Earth Poetry group on Friday evenings during the winter and spring months."

http://www.theblacks....com/index.html

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:04 PM

Just doin' a litle research.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:36 AM

That coffee shop on the Oak Bay strip (on the east side of the block right at the end of the strip -- Italian place) serves booze.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:04 PM

So does the italian cafe in Bastion Square.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#7 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:31 AM

Apparently the cafe at the Railyards is licensed.

#8 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:29 PM

Buon Amici's on Tyee Road in Vic West might be licenced... http://www.buonamicis.com/ .

#9 benj

benj
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:13 PM

pretty sure union pacific has booze too... i remember empty beer bottles by the cash register and a wine list on the wall at least

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:07 PM

Buon Amici's on Tyee Road in Vic West might be licenced... http://www.buonamicis.com/ .

Yup, it is.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#11 tashi

tashi
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

The James Joyce Bistro is licensed from 11am until midnight Sunday through Tuesday and 11am to 2am Thursday through Saturday.

Peacock Billiards is open 24/7, 364 days a year.

We serve Saltspring Island Coffee, feature a number of primarily local brews (yum BLue Truck) on tap and have a well stocked import beer, wine and spirits selection.

Ciao!

-James Peacock

#12 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:41 PM

This is the best use of Commerce Mall ever.

At least until the subway stop is built.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

This is the best use of Commerce Mall ever.

At least until the subway stop is built.

Yup, we are all fans. And you might even know we had a Vibrant Vic mini-meet at Peacock once.

#14 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:43 PM

Actually I believe there have been three such meets but they are secret. We all where beards.

#15 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:17 PM

Nobody ever tells me anything.

#16 julienne

julienne
  • 225 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:19 AM

You can have a slip of Italian liquer in your coffee at Paradiso de Stelle in Bastion Square. I believe it's called a caffe corretto.

#17 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:13 AM

Maybe we should be planning another then... I've been wanting to go to Peacock for awhile, I went on my birthday and had a fantastic meal.

#18 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

I really like Peacock's. A great addition to Downtown.

#19 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

Actually I believe there have been three such meets but they are secret. We all where beards.

We all bought one of these. It's worked quite well--no-one's been able to spot us yet.

#20 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:04 AM

Black Stilt was bought by Moka House and...

there will no longer be a liquor licence at the Hillside location

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz1A5ezPjcI

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users