BUILT
The Horizon, phase 1
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: Tyee Road at Gaudin Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 4
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, townhome)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Horizon, phase 1, is a four-storey condominium building along Tyee Road at Gaudin Road in The Railyards, a... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Horizon, phase 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] The Railyards | Condos; townhomes

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#61 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

Occupancy is expected in July 2010.

#62 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,558 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

I think they still have quite a ways to go before occupancy will be permitted on the new four-storey building.

In other news, site-prep for the upcoming townhomes dubbed "Harbour Homes @ The Railyards" is coming along.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#63 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

I think they still have quite a ways to go before occupancy will be permitted on the new four-storey building.

Their marketing materials are now calling for an August completion; is that possible?

#64 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,558 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

I don't know, lots of exterior work still remains to be done. But I suppose the revised date could work.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#65 ryleyb

ryleyb
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

I'm living in Railyards - Gateway (797 Tyee) right now... It's funny to read back in this thread -> I wouldn't say it's all that desirable a place to live. Wood frame is very very lame. I like my neighbours, but I don't like hearing them. The industrial stuff across the Gorge starts 6 days a week at 7am. It's just not very quiet :)

BUT, I do get to watch them building Bond's Landing, which can be quite entertaining! The exterior is coming along nicely, they have a lot of the cladding up and it's pretty...

#66 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

I'm living in Railyards - Gateway (797 Tyee) right now... It's funny to read back in this thread -> I wouldn't say it's all that desirable a place to live. Wood frame is very very lame. I like my neighbours, but I don't like hearing them. The industrial stuff across the Gorge starts 6 days a week at 7am. It's just not very quiet :)

Upstairs neighbors or next door?

Even with a wood frame building it is possible to create a decent sound barrier.

Staggered stud wall, two layers of drywall on each side with some sort of viscoelastic compound (such as "green glue") between each sheet and good insulation in the wall cavity and you are good to go.

Sadly builders don't have to live in the place so they build it as cheaply as possible and let you put up with the noise.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#67 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

Upstairs neighbors or next door?

Even with a wood frame building it is possible to create a decent sound barrier.

Staggered stud wall, two layers of drywall on each side with some sort of viscoelastic compound (such as "green glue") between each sheet and good insulation in the wall cavity and you are good to go.

Sadly builders don't have to live in the place so they build it as cheaply as possible and let you put up with the noise.

Those are nice features and I agree they will cut down on the noise, but when it comes to selling the units you just don't get the extra money from the consumer.

#68 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:45 AM

Workers were on site on Sunday and the building looks substantially complete, I imagine occupancy will be granted in September. :)

#69 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:19 PM

Here's the new building, yesterday.

I really like it when units with lofts or vaulted roofs are built. Being well above six feet tall I like the high ceilings. :)

Looks like solar-something on the roof.

This is the back of the building. Presumably there is little need for windows on this side because other buildings will be built around the building. I think those large windows are in the hallways - very nice!

The balconies of another building really caught my eye. The Atrium could learn something from there colour used here!

#70 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:57 PM

I like the riot of colour. Just right for that area. Reminds me a little of the Cinque Terre.

#71 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

I believe Bond's Landing now has occupancy (per The Railyards ad in today's Times-Colonist)...

#72 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:22 PM

http://www.flickr.co...ust/5058797546/

Here's a photo that was taken last week.

#73 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:53 PM

The blank wall and big hallway windows are temporary, another phase will be added on to the building and the windows removed to extend the hallway.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#74 ryleyb

ryleyb
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:29 AM

Friday from my balcony in the railyards, looks like the first bits of the new harbour townhouses...

#75 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

I can't seem to find any interior shots for the Railyards.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#76 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

Even on MLS.ca?

#77 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:54 PM

The blank wall and big hallway windows are temporary, another phase will be added on to the building and the windows removed to extend the hallway.

Really? I guess windows and natural light in a hallway is too good to be true.

What about the small square windows, which are in the apartments? Will those become pass-thrus to the neighbouring units? :D

#78 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:57 PM

Even on MLS.ca?

My bad, I didn't think they were being sold on MLS.

#79 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

What about the small square windows, which are in the apartments? Will those become pass-thrus to the neighbouring units? :D

The connection will be thinner than the whole wall, the small windows will remain windows.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#80 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

The next phase is now under construction which is called Harbour Homes. The project is townhomes, 28 in total if I remember correctly.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users