• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:56 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong...

But during business hours.... can a guy walk from the 700-blk of Fort to the 700-blk of Discovery, without setting foot on Douglas or Blanshard?

I think a guy can.

Start on Fort and nip thru the access to the View parkade. Out of the parkade onto View, then thru St. James (?) Square and you are on Yates. Go down the theatre alley and you are on Johnson. Nip thru the parkade and you are on Pandora, and can walk behind the Royal Bank to get to Cormorant.

Then use the alley to get out by First Island Financial.

Thru a parkade again (old Bay) and then use the red Hot parking lot to get you out onto Caledonia.

Thru the vehicle underpass of the Travellers Inn City Centre, and you are on Discovery.

I think that's it.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:59 PM

You can start even further south that Fort Street. You can start at the SE corner of the library, walk through the library courtyard. Cross the street, then through the Rohani building, or Sussex Place and the Royal Bank.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:06 PM

^ You're right!
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:12 PM

Can you really go through the Johnson Street parkade to Pandora?

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#5 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:17 PM

Yes, there is access at the back of the parkade to a walkway alongside one of those apartment buildings on Pandora built about 10 years ago.

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:52 PM

^ Ya, and you have to zig-zag a bit thru the Bay parkade, but it is achievable.

#7 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:02 PM

There's also that alley behind the Strathcona. Is the Falls still going to have that public access lane?

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:04 PM

^ Oh, ya. And YES. So that block will remain passable.

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:13 PM

Go back even further, fellas. From behind the Spaghetti factory you can walk through to the Aria lot, and then walk up past the Marriott and onto the Falls/Milos alleyway. Then do what Dylan/VHF said.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#10 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:21 PM

Well, that short-cut is a street though, beside the Marriott.

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:22 PM

Ok, cut through along Astoria's walkway and head towards the Milos/Falls alley.

But you did say "without setting foot on Douglas or Blanshard," right?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:23 PM

Ok, cut through along Astoria's walkway and head towards the Milos/Falls alley.

I'm not familiar with Astoria's walkway... it must be a fairly thin strip..

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

It's obviously time to get acquainted :D

Know it all.

#14 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:25 PM

You can cut through the Executive house hotel Go through the south entrance near Barts or in the parkade, up the stairs and out through the main lobby opposite Millos.

When will the madness stop? Port Angeles?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#15 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:36 PM

Yup, hop off a boat at Mile 0 then rip through the park, cross into St Annes, then cross from St Annes to where the bums stuck up tents on the Aria lot, through Barts/Astoria's walkway and onto the Milos/Falls alley.

Know it all.

#16 HOMBRE

HOMBRE
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:38 PM

why don't you just hop on a bike and ride down the entire length of it, i've noticed your allowed to blow through red lights so that in itself guarantes you don't put your feet down

#17 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:55 PM

Wow, it's funny you mentioned this! I noticed the other day how there are crosswalks midblock between Johnson and Blanshard on almost every street downtown. The only block I couldn't figure out how to get through was by the Corazon to the old Bay.

#18 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 02:45 PM

Did the trip today (Broughton to Caledonia), and realized it was the first time EVER I have been in St. Andrew's Square. That place rocks! Reminds me of downtown malls in Toronto, Ottawa or Vancouver.

#19 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:40 PM

Back in the day you could cut through the Chateau Victoria. There was an unsecured door on Courtney Street that took you into the hotel and eventually out the other side. When I was working at 940 Blanshard (the library) many years ago we used to cut through that way to get to the Executive House restaurant.

You can also cut through the Broughton Street parkade.

So it's possible to walk in the middle of the block, mostly under cover, all the way from Aria to Discovery Street.

Can you really go through the Johnson Street parkade to Pandora?

You used to be able to drive into the parkade from the Pandora side. That was the most common way to enter just a few years ago. But they turfed that entrance, didn't they?

#20 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:07 PM

right there was an entrance driveway there. Is that where the brown stucco residential buildings are now?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)