Photo

Downtown Victoria condo pre-sale market.....

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 pherthyl

pherthyl
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Well then what's to complain about? Sounds like you're happy about where you live. Good for you.

All things being equal, I would prefer newer and concrete to older and wood (I'm assuming your place is wood...many older condos are).

The allure of stainless steel wears off. The small size never gets bigger.

#22 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

condo-sales-centre.jpg

Pre-sale condo buying tips to save you money, time and disapointment

By Marko Juras, VibrantVictoria.ca

http://vibrantvictor...-disapointment/

One of the things so many buyers enjoy most about pre-sale condo purchases is the anticipation. Unlike buying a completed home, a pre-sale purchase oftentimes affords a buyer more choice, additional time to save money for a down payment, and the thrill of watching a new home rise from the ground.

However, what is presented on paper or through computer generated visuals may not always be what the finished product will look like. And in some cases completed units may present surprises that some buyers will wish they had known about prior to settling on a specific unit.

The following five pre-sale condo purchase tips were learned throughout several pre-sale purchases and are intended to assist buyers with making sure one of life’s most important financial decisions does not come with unexpected surprises. [Read full article]

• Gary H and Ira like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#23 SamCB

SamCB
  • 665 posts
  • Locationvictoria

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:22 PM

How does it work to buy a pre-sale from a private buyer?
For example, if I found a pre-sale buyer who has pre-purchased a janion unit, and they agree to sell me the unit before it's built. How does that work? Is it possible?

On another note does anyone want to sell me their janion unit? Pm me.

#24 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:35 PM

Most agreements do not allow the resale of a pre-sale unit. I believe Janion is one of them.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#25 SamCB

SamCB
  • 665 posts
  • Locationvictoria

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

Ah, thanks Mike.

#26 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

Most agreements do not allow the resale of a pre-sale unit. I believe Janion is one of them.

Mostly because it's such a tongue-twister: "resale of a pre-sale".  :banana:

#27 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:44 PM

I believe the developer at the Janion needs to approve any assignments.  At least three people have emailed me about wanting to assign at the Janion, maybe try posting in the Janion construction thread?

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#28 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:51 AM

I've posted this before on the Janion thread but i'll add it here again for SamCB.

It's in the original purchaser's contract that an "assignment"  (ie. presale resale) is possible but with a few key caveats, including:  Firstly permission is required from the developer.  Secondly, the marketing of the unit must be done through the developer's agents. And there is $1000 fee payable to the developer, i imagine to cover paperwork expenses.  I have been told that one person so far has completed a transfer, there may be others.

#29 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:57 AM

Ah, interesting.

Know it all.

#30 ovovov

ovovov
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:26 PM

interesting points on assignment.  wonder why would anyone wants to sell the pre-sale....... read about the details on assignment, some developers would pocket some of the proceeds from the re-sale of the pre-sale anyway. like 1.5%

#31 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:19 AM

1.5% of the total value of the sold pre-sale, just to clarify. And that's only if approved by the developer. They may not allow you off the hook.

Know it all.

#32 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:45 PM

condo-sales-centre.jpg

Pre-sale condo buying tips to save you money, time and disapointment

By Marko Juras, VibrantVictoria.ca

http://vibrantvictor...-disapointment/

One of the things so many buyers enjoy most about pre-sale condo purchases is the anticipation. Unlike buying a completed home, a pre-sale purchase oftentimes affords a buyer more choice, additional time to save money for a down payment, and the thrill of watching a new home rise from the ground.

However, what is presented on paper or through computer generated visuals may not always be what the finished product will look like. And in some cases completed units may present surprises that some buyers will wish they had known about prior to settling on a specific unit.

The following five pre-sale condo purchase tips were learned throughout several pre-sale purchases and are intended to assist buyers with making sure one of life’s most important financial decisions does not come with unexpected surprises. [Read full article]

Second link doesn't work :-(

#33 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:25 AM

The BC government brought forward legislation today related to housing, including:

Force real estate developers to report when a condo unit is flipped prior to the completion of construction, and allowing the Office of the Superintendent of Real Estate to investigate if there is evidence that such information is not being disclosed. "For too long, people who resell condos before they have been built have been inflating real estate prices, without necessarily paying taxes on their gains," said finance minister Carole James in a statement. 

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...oning-1.4633273

#34 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:13 AM

No issues with that, I think that has happened for too long, but I would take it a step further and landlords who aren't paying income tax on their condos for rent, basement suites, etc

• Kungsberg likes this

#35 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:54 PM

No issues with that, I think that has happened for too long, but I would take it a step further and landlords who aren't paying income tax on their condos for rent, basement suites, etc

The problem there is lack of enforcement.

#36 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:55 PM

Here comes the presale registry to catch all you condo flippers.

https://vancouversun...df-332de30d0339

#37 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:00 PM

This registry has been underway since the start of the year, no?

Know it all.

#38 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:38 PM

Funny thing is the government collects a $195 at the lawyers on all assignments to fund this registery. 

I don't remember that being disclosed in any of the media releases. 

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#39 ovovov

ovovov
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:55 PM

pre-sale is not going strong as it was 2 years ago..... with all stress test, foreign spec taxes etc.

#40 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:14 AM

Fall-2019-downtown-Victoria-new-condo-round-up--what’s-available,-where,-and-for-how-much.jpg

From move-in ready condominiums, to pre-sales in various stages of construction, to pre-construction offerings, downtown Victoria's condominium market offers a lot of choice based on location, price point and floorplan layouts.

Fall 2019 downtown Victoria new condo round-up: what’s available, where, and for how much

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users