Photo

Which realtor offers discount when buying?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ovovov

ovovov
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:59 AM

I wonder if any local realtors from Victoria offers 50% cashback commission like Flatfee for me? 

Looking forward to hear back from your insights in this competitive market. Myself is a great fan of MLS but hate paying hefy fees.

Also please rave me a realtor is willing do a mere posting on MLS?

Thank you all in advance

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:08 AM

Marko!

Marko also does standalone MLS listings.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:35 PM

I wonder if any local realtors from Victoria offers 50% cashback commission like Flatfee for me? 

Looking forward to hear back from your insights in this competitive market. Myself is a great fan of MLS but hate paying hefy fees.

Also please rave me a realtor is willing do a mere posting on MLS?

Thank you all in advance

Part one, are you talking about buying or selling?

Part two, I've been offering mere postings for 9+ years now -> http://markojuras.com/flat-fee/

• ovovov likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#4 ovovov

ovovov
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:09 AM

thanks Marko for replying.

Part 1) buying. I go and pick the unit I love and avoid use you time- if possible at all and I tell the sale guys and gals that I will use a realtor when I decide to buy.  When I am ready to buy and sign up the contacts, I contact you and get your name on the contact as my agent. In this case, am I looking at 50% commission rebate? Is my understanding correct on the process?

Part 2). Love your idea on MERE. How many sellers contacted you in general?  Does it really work?  :)

#5 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 July 2019 - 09:56 PM

thanks Marko for replying.

Part 1) buying. I go and pick the unit I love and avoid use you time- if possible at all and I tell the sale guys and gals that I will use a realtor when I decide to buy.  When I am ready to buy and sign up the contacts, I contact you and get your name on the contact as my agent. In this case, am I looking at 50% commission rebate? Is my understanding correct on the process?

Part 2). Love your idea on MERE. How many sellers contacted you in general?  Does it really work?  :)

Part 1) I did 50% cash back for 5+ years. Just didn't work for a variety of reasons. People still phone me all the time and are along the lines of 

"I just need you to write up an offer and I want >50% cash back, can you do that?" 

and I reply with 

"Listen, if you are willing to go unconditional at asking price I'll do 80% cash back, otherwise no." 

I once spent 5 years showing a couple from Vancouver houses and they finally bought and I had to give them 50% cash back as that was the offer. 

The only thing I offer cash back for these days is pre-sales -> http://markojuras.co...ondo-cash-back/ as with 10 years of experience it works okay.

Re-sale just doesn't work. I tried for 5 years and I had limits on amount of homes you could see and I tried all sorts of strategies but nothing worked that well.

Edited by MarkoJ, 31 July 2019 - 09:59 PM.

#6 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 July 2019 - 09:58 PM

I've done hundreds....works brilliantly; however, consumer is just too dumb/scared to save 10-20k.

Edited by MarkoJ, 31 July 2019 - 10:00 PM.

#7 ovovov

ovovov
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:07 AM

I really think average consumers do not have the time and knowledge, nor the willingness to learn how it works... 

#8 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:53 AM

I did this with Marko six years ago. It works well if you have any interest in saving money. I think we paid around $2000 by the time we were done.

Marko takes the pictures and puts the listing in MLS. You're listed as the contact.

You handle all the requests for viewings. If you want an open house you schedule it with Marko.

Buyers tend to think you're the listing agent. During an open house you can learn a lot about what buyers like or don't like about your property, though it is best to learn to bite your tongue.

You negotiate directly with the buyer's agent or the buyer. Once you have a deal in principle pass it off to your lawyer for the paperwork.

Yes, it does cost you in time and there is a slight learning curve. I'd say the biggest issue is learning to view your property objectively.

• Mike K., ovovov and Mattjvd like this

#9 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,297 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:59 AM

good advice laconic

#10 ovovov

ovovov
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:13 PM

Thanks Laconic. How much did you offer for the co-operating broker/agent? Full commission? 

#11 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:31 PM

That's both the upside and the downside.

The buyer's agents are unlikely to show your listing. I didn't pay any commission, but the buyer's said they didn't have an agent.

In the modern world having the MLS listing means a lot of buyer's will search themselves and see your listing. I don't know the ethics if the buyer has an agent... I'd expect the buyer would have to pay or negotiate that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users