[Murder] Lindsay Buziak

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 09:13 AM

........   not many would/do take on this issue in the way he has.

Do you have a daughter?

• Matt R. likes this

#42 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,309 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 09:21 AM

Do you have a daughter?

no.  but there are hundreds of murders every year that go unsolved.   so since she died there have been thousands of unsolved murders in canada.  can't think of any as high profile as he keeps this one.  so it's rare for a family member to go to these lengths.  that's all i was saying.  i don't think i even passed judgement.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 February 2021 - 09:22 AM.

#43 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 10:20 AM

no.  but there are hundreds of murders every year that go unsolved.   so since she died there have been thousands of unsolved murders in canada.  can't think of any as high profile as he keeps this one.  so it's rare for a family member to go to these lengths.  that's all i was saying.  i don't think i even passed judgement.

I don't think you or I can get inside the head of a parent that's lost a child in that specific manner. We can speculate but it's uncharted territory. Especially in this case where the killers are loose. You never stop being a parent. Saying, ah, forget it simply isn't possible. You're applying logic to an emotional equation.

• lanforod likes this

#44 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 10:56 AM

Despite Lindsay's dad's skepticism, my guess is Saanich PD has a good idea that a charge will be coming soon. 

• murderinsaanich likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#45 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:18 AM

I find his question of Saanich PD somewhat troublesome.  "Why no arrests Saanich PD?"  Seems (to me) to cast blame on Saanich's handling of the case.  It might well be that they 'know who did it' but simply don't have the evidence to charge/try/convict, or that the murder was done in such a manner that there's no evidence to go on...

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#46 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,309 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:27 AM

one could reasonably wonder if we have the best system for investigating this particular case.

YES the (final bit of the) crime occurred in saanich.  but beyond that there is very little connection probably.  is there sufficient incentive for saanich to expend resources on this?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 February 2021 - 11:27 AM.

#47 murderinsaanich

murderinsaanich
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 08:51 PM

Hi Missy, I would like to clarify a few things if I may. :)  The retired RCMP detective (Garry Rodgers) did not take all his blog material from the Murder In Saanich website. He interviewed a large number of people and did his fact-checking which resulted in his conclusion on whom he believes is involved in Lindsay's murder. He does not believe the Zailos are involved and I agree with him. There is no evidence to support the Zailos were involved.   Furthermore, Garry wrote his blog page about Lindsay's murder in his own words. He did not copy and paste any blog content from the MIS website as you falsely claim.  I do however have website data evidence that shows the author of MOD copied every single page of the Murder in Saanich website to her PC.

As for the Calgary drug bust timeline, that timeline was constructed based on hours and hours of meticulous research (from court transcripts, court documents, media releases, police statements, etc). The facts were then pieced together to formulate a tight timeline that aligned with the timeline of Lindsay's murder (SP constructed the murder timeline).  The full page of the Calgary timeline was constructed by the author of the MIS website and that timeline is not on "many other sites" like you claim. The author of MOD copy and pasted the entire contents of the Calgary timeline page, along with other content, to her blog, and falsely claimed she wrote it. She also copied blog content from two other websites 1) Garry Rodger's previous blog page "dying words Lindsay Buziak Murder" and  2) the LBM website.  

Garry Rodgers posted information about his thoughts surrounding the real informant in the Calgary bust. The author of MOD copied and pasted Garry's thoughts to her blog, then falsely claimed no other blog had ever discussed the "real informant" topic.  I don't blame Mr. Rodgers for deleting his blog page about Lindsay's murder.  He was thrown under the bus by someone he trusted and then the names of some of his confidential sources were made public.  He was a good guy who had good intentions and he didn't deserve that.

An excerpt from Garry's previous blog:   "What I can say about Lindsay Buziak’s murder is that I may not be able to truthfully write the public story as the circumstances now sit. I have a lot of information about this awful mess, the motive for the crime and, with probable certainty, who the conspirators are. If I publish what I’ve learned and what people close to the story have candidly told me – to tell the truthful and accurate story – I might compromise an active police investigation and that can not happen."

"What I can say about Lindsay’s case is she was a totally innocent victim of an elaborate conspiracy to frame her as a police agent. That was to cover up and protect a real police informant who double-crossed an arm of the Sinaloa Drug Cartel in a multi-million dollar cocaine loss. Yes, the story is that involved and complicated. I will also say, with probable certainty, the two people directly involved in stabbing Lindsay to death are a Mexican brother and sister pair who are now long gone from Canada. However, the co-conspirators who fed Lindsay to the killers are still active in the Victoria area." 

"Saanich Police are also on the record that Lindsay Buziak was not directly involved in the cocaine ring and was never a police informant. They do, however, publicly state they believe Lindsay may have been mistakenly, or intentionally, identified as the real informant(s) in High Noon who turned in Erickson Delacazar and caused a domino-effect 67 kilo product and $2.227 million financial loss."

"Far worse, for the Sinaloa and emerging Beltran-Leyva Cartels, was a security breach. Saanich detectives indicate support for the theory that whoever financed this cocaine funneling—and took a significant loss—ordered a hit on someone to set an example. That someone was Lindsay Buziak."

"Lindsay’s death, they theorize, was intentionally directed at her. However, the Saanich Police state Lindsay’s killing was likely a case of mistaken informant identity or an intentional diversion away from the real informant(s) causing the massive financial loss to an individual or a group. Like the Saanich detective says, “They needed to solve a problem. Lindsay was the solution.”

Lastly, there is zero evidence to support ALL the Zailo content on MOD is ALL accurate. In a court of law, you need evidence. Repeating gossip that is not even relevant does not constitute evidence.  As for Rianne, she may have said a few things to a few people in an email/text, but the rest is all hearsay.  I don't believe Rianne said 99% of the things people claim she told them.  It's just someone telling you that someone else told you that.  

Amor de cosmos, if you are interested in reading the full page of the Calgary drug bust timeline (includes materials re fact-checking sources) I can certainly email that to you.  I have closed the MIS website to the public for now as I do not want to hinder the investigation in any way.

#48 murderinsaanich

murderinsaanich
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:06 PM

If I were the parent of a murdered child I would certainly want to keep the case in the public eye. The investigators are obviously not going to share sensitive information with the public. It's just not going to happen. That does not mean they case has stalled.

#49 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,309 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 03:53 PM

Jeff Buziak, father says:

There is no one at Saanich police I dislike or hate and I don’t hate Saanich police. They just don’t have what it takes to solve Lindsay’s murder and arrest the people involved. Time has proven this over and over in the past thirteen years. That’s it, simple. No more explanations and excuses by them or for them. They are not capable and Do Not have the leadership to change this as the last four Chiefs there have proven. Simply Not capable.

I am disappointed at individuals there but it’s not a big problem for me as hopefully soon we see the tail end of this bunch. Chief Green the latest turtle chief who refuses to lead his people by speaking publicly about Lindsay’s murder is a disappointment like his predecessor Bob Downie. They won’t speak publicly because they don’t want to lie and deceive the public with hollow words and bs because they have nothing and are not confident they can do the job so they are too embarrassed to face the people who they work for. Sad and poor leadership. Chris Horsley, the trucker and millionaire real estate financier, who like an idiot came to Calgary to try a threatening tactic and now isn’t man enough to take responsibility and apologize but instead lies about what transpired in my boardroom that day. Sad and a reflection of Saanich police culture. Damian Kowalewich the new lead detective, a rookie detective, who is a bright kid with a political career on his mind. Being a View Royal councillor, sports coach, school liaison, chair of committees, a husband, a father and oh yeah a cop just doesn’t work when you are in a key role leading a group to solve a murder. Go be a politician Damian and quit trying to do that on the back of being a cop and playing with Lindsay’s murder in between all your other roles. It doesn’t work. Another reflection of the Saanich way.

There it is folks. Saanich police are probably a somewhat good security company for Saanich and good at catching speeders but murder isn’t their game or their focus.
They need to quit holding on to Lindsay’s murder file and trying to fool us and themselves they can do it at the cost of severely mishandling Justice. They are not capable. Give it up. We’ve all had enough.

We all want arrests and that is not too much to ask a competent police agency. It’s their job. It’s their duty. Saanich police are lost and need to be replaced.

Thank you
Jeff Buziak, father

#50 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 04:36 PM

Saanich certainly has a lengthy list of unsolved murders ... going back many decades. 

Perhaps Jeff B. Is right on point with his comments. 
The record would certainly support what he’s putting forward. 

#51 Jessica Fletcher

Jessica Fletcher
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 11:33 AM

Saanich certainly has a lengthy list of unsolved murders ... going back many decades. 

Perhaps Jeff B. Is right on point with his comments. 
The record would certainly support what he’s putting forward. 

What long list of unsolved murders in Saanich are you referring to Spy?  This is the list I was able to locate.

1.Molly Justice 2. Bobby Johal 3. Cheri Smith 4. Lindsay Buziak.

Feb 3, 2008

Before retiring Thursday, Charlton rant the Saanich police detective division for seven years managing 40 officers in seven different sections. Under his watch, Saanich had one of the highest homicide clearance rates in the Province. There's been only one unsolved murder in the past 18 years.

"Ninety-nine per cent of the time in homicides you know who it is, you just have to find the evidence."

#52 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 08:06 AM

Court dismisses Capital Daily’s bid for unredacted documents related to Buziak murder

On March 17, 2021, Justice Robert Punnett of the BC Supreme Court dismissed a motion by Capital Daily to grant its legal team access to unredacted court documents relating to the Saanich Police Department’s (SPD) investigation into the 2008 unsolved murder of realtor Lindsay Buziak. Last fall, Justice Punnett released over 1,600 pages of heavily redacted documents, which Capital Daily’s journalists analyzed in an article published in October 2020.

In January 2021, around the 13-year anniversary of Buziak’s murder, the Saanich Police Department announced they were working with the FBI, though previous reporting indicated the FBI had joined forces with the SPD long before the announcement.

In Justice Punnett’s 29-page ruling, he cited the “active and ongoing” nature of the SPD’s case in his reasons to dismiss the motion. Capital Daily’s legal team must now argue for further unsealing without having seen the same material as counsel for the Crown and SPD. Nevertheless, Capital Daily will continue its fight for access to court records that could help the public understand why no charges have been laid in Buziak’s case.

#53 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 05:53 PM

Regional policing would help solve major crimes, suggests Buziak memorial walker in Saanich

Feb. 2 marks 14 years since murder of young realtor; case remains unsolved

Feb. 2, 2022 

Holding signs that read “we miss you Lindsay,” and “who murdered Lindsay Buziak, why no arrests Saanich police?” attendees began their walk from Saanich city hall to the B.C. legislature Wednesday morning.

Participant Colin Nielsen suggested a unified police force may be the solution to investigating future crimes of this nature.

“It’s sad that this has gone on so long and that there’s been no outcome,” he told Black Press Media. “I’m a firm believer in regional policing. Now that’s not going to help in Lindsay’s case, but I think if we had one unified police department in Greater Victoria we’d get better outcomes of any future horrific crimes like this one happening, rather than our fractured system that we have right now.”

jeff.png
Jeff Buziak: “I woke up this morning and I didn’t want to do this, I’m tired, but within minutes I corrected myself and said this isn’t about me – this is about my young daughter who was murdered while working,” he said. “Police say every year that it is an ongoing investigation because they’re too embarrassed to admit that they don’t know what to do.”

#54 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 06:33 AM

Rightly or wrongly, Lindsey Buziak's case remains a prominent stain on the Saanich PD's reputation.

I get that some murders just don't get solved, but if Jeff Buziak is correct in his statement that Saanich is just too embarrassed to admit they have no idea how to move the case forward, then it really is time for Saanich PD to give the case up, and hand it over to a more capable institution.

#55 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 10:10 AM

^ I feel terrible for Jeff but I don't think that you can place the blame on SaanichPD. If there is limited evidence and no witnesses then I don't know how much more you can do.

• Dr. Barillas and Victoria Watcher like this

#56 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 11:32 AM

One would assume that Saanich PD has not acted on this file alone, that they would have brought in outside support and outside resources. Is that not the case?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#57 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 12:10 PM

One would assume that Saanich PD has not acted on this file alone, that they would have brought in outside support and outside resources. Is that not the case?

It's hard to know for certain.

Saanich PD has played their cards incredibly close to their vests on the Buziak murder, which is one of the things that has repeatedly raised Jeff's ire ... in that, as the father of the murdered daughter, Saanich PD share no information with him, and give him no indication of where the case actually sits.

His frustration largely relates to not knowing (after 14 years) whether the case is truly at a dead end, or whether Saanich PD is legitimately continuing to work the case, and continuing to make some sort of progress.

Despite not knowing the answer to the above question, the "stain" on Saanich PD could just as easily be considered as the failure to keep the father of the murdered victim in at least some portion of the information loop.

I get that Jeff is abrasive towards the Saanich Police Department ... but he's the father of a murdered daughter, and Saanich PD is a professional law enforcement organization. In other words, Saanich PD should be on the high road in this instance, and they should be doing whatever they can to alleviate Jeff's concerns regarding the hunt for his daughters murderer.

It's a tough on all the way around for sure, but I'm sure all parties would benefit from the sharing of even the most limited of information available.

#58 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 12:23 PM

I have loosely followed this case for years and know people who have reported on it in the past. There are MANY theories as to what happened and who was involved both directly and indirectly. I would think that the last thing any investigating group would want to do is provide information to someone when they would then have no control over how it was handled or distributed. 

• Nparker and sukika like this

#59 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 09:38 AM

Lindsay Buziak Murder

Shirley Zailo sues the victim’s father Jeff Buziak

May 10/2022

IT HAS RECENTLY COME TO OUR ATTENTION THAT SHIRLEY ZAILO IS SUING LINDSAY’S FATHER JEFF BUZIAK.

Not only is she suing Lindsay’s father, she is suing two of the people that post on the Lindsay Buziak website. Shirley Zailo’s Victoria lawyer Michael Scherr is is a prominent litigation lawyer who works for the law firm Pearlman Lindholm, the law firm who filed a “Notice of Claim” in BC Supreme Court on April 25/2022. The plaintiff Shirley Zailo is claiming she has suffered loss and damage to her reputation, loss of income, and stress, anxiety, and other mental suffering.

#60 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 01:06 PM

Ms. Zailo and her family and friends should tread carefully ... Jeff Buziak has been dying to get her into a courtroom (any courtroom) for 15 years now.

Under cross examination she will have to answer the questions as the judge instructs her to answer ... no dragging her feet or dodging the question.

Even the most overconfident, self-centered folks are massively exposed in a courtroom.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users