Nando's Chicken | Victoria | Pandora @ Government

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:52 PM

I wouldn't complain about lululemon pants but that is just me:)

#42 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:47 PM

I stopped by on the way home with some of those delicious KYU Noodles and picked up breast of Nando chicken to go. At $3.99 it beat going up to the grocery store. As I speak I am enjoying an incredible Chinatown soup.

Caramia's Chinatown Soup
1 Nando lemon Chicken Breast... $3.99
1 bundle of KYU Noodles........ $0.50
1 bok choy......................... $0.25
Some sprouts ...................... $0.11
1/2 small red pepper .............. $0.40
A dollop of coconut powder .... $0.50
A spoonful of thai curry sauce... $0.25
Some Boiling Water.........................

#43 VicDuck

VicDuck

Banned

• Banned
  • 409 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

I wouldn't complain about lululemon pants but that is just me:)

lol

#44 phx

phx
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:59 PM

YUMMY CHICKEN COCONUT CURRY SOUP: $6.00

That does sound yummy.

#45 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

I'm so full.
:D
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#46 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:40 PM

Mrs. Yodsaker and I checked out the downtown one on Thursday.
Not impressed at all. I know its only $10 but that's a benchmark for a decent fast lunch IMO.
Ordered spicy and it was basically Swiss Chalet, no sense of "flame grilled" just bottles of sauce on the table and same old frozen fries you get everywhere else.
Mrs. Y. sprung for the coleslaw and it was totally lacking in every way: colour, texture and flavour. Maybe it came out of a 40-gallon drum from the coleslaw factory.
No match for a seriously grilled and spicy frango like we used to get around rhe corner in T.O.

#47 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

^ Fully agree - we went there a couple of weeks ago and had the two-person combo. The chicken was OK, but nothing to write home about.

#48 viceater

viceater
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:09 PM

I decided to try the new Nando's on Government street and my was I blown away. For over a year I have heard about how amazing the Nando's in Langford is so I was glad to see one a little closer to me. I didn't know what to expect, fast food or fine dining, but what I experienced left me amazed. The friendly staff made me feel right at home, and explained the menu to me while offering great suggestions. I ended up having an appy, meal, dessert, and a drink for around $20!!! While at my table I was asked if everything is alright and if I need anything else... twice.
The next day I placed an order for my office of 15 staff and everyone couldn't believe how good the food was.
I can't imagine anyone going there and not leaving more than satisfied.

#49 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:53 AM

I decided to try the new Nando's on Government street and my was I blown away. For over a year I have heard about how amazing the Nando's in Langford is so I was glad to see one a little closer to me. I didn't know what to expect, fast food or fine dining, but what I experienced left me amazed. The friendly staff made me feel right at home, and explained the menu to me while offering great suggestions. I ended up having an appy, meal, dessert, and a drink for around $20!!! While at my table I was asked if everything is alright and if I need anything else... twice.
The next day I placed an order for my office of 15 staff and everyone couldn't believe how good the food was.

http://www.dinehere....rant.asp?r=8483

#50 julienne

julienne
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:07 AM

What was the food like?

#51 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

What was the food like?

Perhaps like this?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#52 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

Has anyone been recently?

#53 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

Has anyone been recently?

Funny enough, I got involved in a deal where I had to buy dinner for the entire cast and crew of an ABBA tribute band, delivered to the McPherson. It was great, and the staff was helpful, and even supplied a cart and a staff member to wheel it across the street with me.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#54 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Igo about once every two months. Still pretty decent.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#55 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

You can get a $10 off coupon for $1.99 right now from forkjoy.com

#56 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Good to hear, been meaning to go and when I drove by last night they have large white advertising cards in the front window that are not legible from the st..

#57 drt

drt
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

This place is always pretty empty when I walk by. Do they serve waffles?

#58 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Are there portugese chicken waffles?

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#59 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

What difference does it make where the chicken comes from? I suppose a chicken from Spain wouldn't be good enough for you?

#60 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

They're chicken waffles, period. A chicken is a chicken.

In the year 2013 I just can't believe that we still feel the need to hyphenate poultry.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users