[Downtown] QV Cafe redevelopment | Proposed

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

The QV Cafe property is apparently earmarked for redevelopment. Ex Victoria Mayor Alan Lowe's architectural firm is behind the project.

Does anyone have any additional info?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

I haven't heard anything from staff or the owners. I'll see what I can find out.

#3 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

The QV Cafe property is apparently earmarked for redevelopment. Ex Victoria Mayor Alan Lowe's architectural firm is behind the project.

Does anyone have any additional info?

If it's what I think it is, I know what's going on. :banana:

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

If it's what I think it is, I know what's going on. :banana:

Violation!

Withholding confidential info on a public forum is uncalled for. :wave:
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

Violation!

Withholding confidential info on a public forum is uncalled for. :wave:

Sorry, sworn to secrecy. Not sure if what was proposed is this, but the timing is certainly uncanny.

#6 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

^Well you are going to have to give some evidence before it is announced now, otherwise you can claim anything.:judge:
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

^Well you are going to have to give some evidence before it is announced now, otherwise you can claim anything.:judge:

Ah, good idea. OK, I know what it is!

Starts with a D!

(that's my 1 in 26 chance of being right when it's announced)
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,878 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

I heard they were going to build a new Johnny Zee's.

Matt.

#9 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

Perhaps Monty's is being brought back to life!

#10 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

Some staff have been told that there's the possibility of something happening in the future, but if it's a sure thing it hasn't been presented that way to them.

#11 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

ah, good idea. ok, i know what it is!

starts with a d!

(that's my 1 in 26 chance of being right when it's announced)

oh my god we're getting another dennys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 29er Radio

29er Radio
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

I just spoke to the operator of QV café and he says that nothing is in the works and he had spoken to one of the ownership groups reps and nothing is on the slate in the foreseeable future.
Eric Bramble - http://www.29erradio.com
The Growler Hour
Lisa, Gene & Eric Show

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

Weird, so all the talk is over a bunch-a-nuthin? Seems very peculiar, unless something was in the works and has been recently sidelined for one reason or another.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#14 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

Are you sure this isn't just old news that someone thought was new news?

#15 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

Weird, so all the talk is over a bunch-a-nuthin? Seems very peculiar, unless something was in the works and has been recently sidelined for one reason or another.

Or it's one of those "vote of confidence" statements sports team owners make about their coaches, shortly before firing them.

#16 29er Radio

29er Radio
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

a benevolent group owns the site and I have engaged with someone there a few times and they don't seem like developers at all. There usually isn't smoke without fire re rumours but you never know. I have reached out to the owner to see, but what is and what they tell me may be two different things all together.
The Growler Hour
Lisa, Gene & Eric Show

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Are you sure this isn't just old news that someone thought was new news?

I dunno, seems like it's new news and old news at the same time. Fugger is saying he knows something is up, 29er is saying nothing is up. We're in a classic deadlock that pontcanna might just win :)

Know it all.

#18 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

The site would be well-suited for an Ikea.

#19 29er Radio

29er Radio
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

The site would be well-suited for an Ikea.

Remember the good old days when an IKEA could fit onto a Victorian corner site like Vancouver and Yates. Those were the days.
The Growler Hour
Lisa, Gene & Eric Show

#20 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

I dunno, seems like it's new news and old news at the same time. Fugger is saying he knows something is up, 29er is saying nothing is up. We're in a classic deadlock that pontcanna might just win :)

The "up" of which I was aware had nothing to do with developers or architects. In fact, the proponents with which I am familiar were surprised to hear talk of developers and architects. Perhaps they are just posturing to create a buzz? Although based on what 29er states of their ethos, unlikely.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users