• Please log in to reply
508 replies to this topic

#61 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:17 AM

Next job for Landslide Lisa? 

I'd be 100% in support!  She'd be good at it.

But she would have to learn to live within a budget, that would be good for her.  Set yearly (or 5-year?) budget, no borrowing or deficits allowed.  

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 15 December 2017 - 08:19 AM.

• rjag likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#62 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:30 AM

I'd be 100% in support!  She'd be good at it.

But she would have to learn to live within a budget, that would be good for her.  Set yearly (or 5-year?) budget, no borrowing or deficits allowed.  

And she would have to learn to get buy-in first before making a decision, but she would hate it, not enough ability to mold society to her personal nirvana POV

Edited by rjag, 15 December 2017 - 08:30 AM.

#63 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:30 AM

Wouldn't the mayor be the antithesis of what downtown Victoria business owners want? Helps is against the City of Victoria providing more vehicle parking, she is pro social services expansion in downtown Victoria, she is pushing through major road changes in the form of bicycle lanes and her support of the marijuana industry upset some retailers.

• Nparker, rjag and pennymurphy2000 like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#64 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:33 AM

Wouldn't the mayor be the antithesis of what downtown Victoria business owners want? Helps is against the City of Victoria providing more vehicle parking, she is pro social services expansion in downtown Victoria, she is pushing through major road changes in the form of bicycle lanes and her support of the marijuana industry upset some retailers.

Hehe, dont be a Debbie Downer!!!

Its either this or that place where old Mayors go to die, driving one of the pickle-boats!!!

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#65 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:37 AM

^ She'd be good at that, too.  "Now, on the right here is the Johsnson Street bridge, that I did not vote for..."

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 15 December 2017 - 08:38 AM.

• Nparker and rjag like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#66 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:41 AM

Lol...

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#67 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:52 AM

In the VERY lengthy introduction bio the DVBA sent out to members, Bray’s term as MLA was never mentioned.

Is is so toxic, in this NDP town, to even admit you were a Liberal, even when taking over a business organization? He was hardly a radical right winger.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 18 December 2017 - 06:53 AM.

• rjag likes this

#68 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:10 AM

That is so crazy. He represented the downtown, as well as many other parts of Victoria, in the Legislature. To not mention that is asinine.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#69 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:15 AM

In the Business to Business release they do mention that in the first paragraph.

"Jeff Bray grew up in Vancouver, B.C. After graduating from UBC, Bray embarked on a 13-year career with the BC Government. In 2001, Bray was elected the MLA for Victoria-Beacon Hill. More recently, Bray was the Manager of Government and Regulatory Affairs for Shaw in BC. Bray is currently President of Capital Public Affairs Inc., a public affairs consulting firm. Bray is Vice-Chair of the Royal BC Museum Foundation, Vice-Chair of the Garth Homer Society, Vice-President of the Former MLA Association of BC, and is Vice-President of the North Quadra Community Association.

Know it all.

#70 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:16 AM

Yup, sorry, I’m mistaken.

“I’m looking forward to supporting the great work the DVBA team is doing during this transition period,” says Jeff Bray. “We will work to continue providing the programs and services that support the vibrancy in downtown Victoria.”

Jeff Bray grew up in Vancouver, B.C. After graduating from UBC, Bray embarked on a 13-year career with the BC Government. In 2001, Bray was elected the MLA for Victoria-Beacon Hill. More recently, Bray was the Manager of Government and Regulatory Affairs for Shaw in BC. Bray is currently President of Capital Public Affairs Inc., a public affairs consulting firm. Bray is Vice-Chair of the Royal BC Museum Foundation, Vice-Chair of the Garth Homer Society, Vice-President of the Former MLA Association of BC, and is Vice-President of the North Quadra Community Association.

“The DVBA Board appreciates Mr. Bray’s willingness to step in as an interim executive director for the organization for the next few months,” says DVBA Board Chair Suzanne Bradbury. “Jeff’s knowledge of the DVBA, his respect for the membership, and his strong relationships with DVBA stakeholders make him well suited to steward the DVBA’s many exciting projects and initiatives through the first quarter of 2018.”

Bray will succeed Kerri Milton, who started with the DVBA in July 2016. Among Kerri’s accomplishments during her tenure with the DVBA are the rebranding of the Downtown Victoria Business Association, the completion of the Waddington Alley Lighting and Pop Up Art in the Square projects, launching Victoria’s first park and ride, and the start of the Shared Arts Space

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 18 December 2017 - 09:17 AM.

#71 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:28 AM

How much of that impressive list of 2017 accomplishments was Milton's initiative and how much of it was already on Ken Kelley's desk when he retired?

#72 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:32 AM

Didn't Milton cancel the DVBA's support for the Victoria Festival Society's events?

Know it all.

#73 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:37 AM

Festival Society is the parades and Wicked Victoria. Full speed ahead.

#74 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:45 AM

Ah, so which one was Vicker's?

Know it all.

#75 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

Ah, so which one was Vicker's?

Vickers had Buskers, Kite, Chalk-art and halloween lanterns

#76 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:53 AM

The issues began when he moved some of chalk art and a few buskers to UpTown and the Bay Centre got her nose out of joint, then the City refused to provide the bleachers for Fishermans wharf as they had done in years past and it spiralled from there. Basically it was a joint effort from dvba and hotel association that didnt like him using other parts of the City and they tried to use their influence to lever him. 

It blew out of control when she started sending letters to the TC....Vickers has done loads for this City and received very little remuneration or acknowledgement from the politicians. I bet he brought more business to this city than the DVBA or hotel association did in the last 10 years

#77 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

CFAX says DVBA has a new boss.  Anybody know?

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 20 April 2018 - 01:53 PM.

#78 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:01 PM

^Interim Director Jeff Bray accepted the permanent position.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#79 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

Oh, interesting. I think he'll be quite good at that position.

Have we heard anything regarding the RCMP investigation into the Penticton BA?

Know it all.

#80 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:34 PM

Heard Bray on cfax this afternoon. Brennae tried to get him to bash the bike lanes but he didn’t bite at all. Oh cfax...

He said he hasn’t received one complaint re Pandora post construction.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users