BUILT
595 Pandora
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 595 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
595 Pandora is a five-storey, 53-unit urban flat development converted from a former 1980's-era government off... (view full profile)
Learn more about 595 Pandora on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] 595 Pandora | Condos; commercial | 5-storeys | Built - renovation completed in 2017

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#101 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:16 PM

....I think renting a unit out in this area will be a piece of cake.

But according to the letter writer in today's T-C, all these condos are destroying the rental market.  :wacko:

#102 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:33 PM

I wonder if the launch of Wade and 989 Johnson will take some of the buyers out of the marketplace for 595?

361-units between them.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#103 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:32 PM

Some 595 floor plans are here now:

**** pdf:     http://mylasso.com/F...orSheets_v2.pdf

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#104 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

It looks like there might be 8 inexpensive units? 4 if they charge a premium for 3rd over 2nd floor. I'd be surprised if they aren't already sold.

#105 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:17 AM

I was speaking with a realtor yesterday about 595 and he said the project has created a feeding frenzy. My sense is buyers are already lined up for most, if not all, of the units below the penthouse levels.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#106 LeoVictoria

LeoVictoria
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:19 PM

I was speaking with a realtor yesterday about 595 and he said the project has created a feeding frenzy. My sense is buyers are already lined up for most, if not all, of the units below the penthouse levels.

Yep. It's essentially all spoken for is what I've heard

#107 Ira

Ira
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:51 AM

As of yesterday most of the units were spoken for, with deposits in place and offers written up on Saturday. There were a handful of ground floor units still available, 103, 105 and penthouses as well. 

I've been in the building 3 times now and every time I like it more and more. Low rise with concrete & steel construction, high ceilings, wide hallways and two elevators for 53 units is a huge plus. Things you wouldn't see in new construction.

I am really excited for that area and hopefully it breathes new life into Market Square as well. 

• Nparker likes this

#108 Ira

Ira
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:56 AM

A few pics, looking East from the Penthouse and the kitchen of one of the "junior one bedrooms." Which are essentially a long rectangle layout with an open bedroom.

Attached Images

• IMG_2610.jpg
  • IMG_2735.JPG

Edited by Ira, 18 November 2016 - 09:57 AM.

• Mike K., JanionGuy and Prom2 like this

#109 magmazing

magmazing
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:48 PM

And here I was interested in possibly buying a unit because it's practically across the street from where I work. *sigh* So much for that idea. 

#110 Teej48

Teej48
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:54 PM

Just completed the purchase of what I believe to be the best "bang or the buck" unit in the Abacus, 312. We feel like we won the lottery.
This thread was extremely helpful in our decision to buy, especially the posts by Marco as we intend to rent the condo from april thru october every year.
I expect a decline in price but not value thanks to Trump but dont care (too much) as its s lifestyle decision.
My son who lives in Vic says I will have to mellow out to fit in. We'll see.
  • JanionGuy and Ira like this

#111 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

Just completed the purchase of what I believe to be the best "bang or the buck" unit in the Abacus, 312. We feel like we won the lottery.
This thread was extremely helpful in our decision to buy, especially the posts by Marco as we intend to rent the condo from april thru october every year.
I expect a decline in price but not value thanks to Trump but dont care (too much) as its s lifestyle decision.

Congrats, glad my comments were useful.  Amazing orientation on #312; you'll have so much sun you'll need to wear sunglasses :) I pumped up my clients for #211/#311 but those went super quick. 

• VicHockeyFan likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#112 Ira

Ira
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:21 PM

Congrats! I sold two units on the west side as well. I think that side of the building is fantastic and will only improve once renovations finish in Market Square. 

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#113 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:26 PM

Congrats to you!  And all other buyers.

And thank you Marko for being one of only a very small handful of real estate professionals to come here and drop your comments.

• JanionGuy likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#114 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:12 PM

It's official, nearly 90% of units sold at the Saturday sales event. Next up Cielo will be marketing their City Collection of luxury homes on the building's top floors.

595-November-21-2016.jpg

Red-hot condo market: buyers snatch up nearly 90% of units at Chinatown condo dev

http://victoria.citi...town-condo-dev/

Know it all.

#115 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:48 PM

What are the remaining penthouses selling for?

#116 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:55 PM

That I don't know. Prices haven't been revealed just yet, I don't think.

Know it all.

#117 Teej48

Teej48
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:48 AM

Gentlemen:
Thank you for the expressed felicitations.
Have received accepted offer so its official.
The south side was a must as initially we will only winter there and we hear Victoria can be occasionally gloomy in winter. Sunshine will be tolerable and welcome.
May I ask Ira what renovations are contemplated in Market Square?
A little concerned that the quonset barn type building on the east side of MS invites a tower. In a trendy area in Ottawa they are tearing down small shops for condos whose residents then complain that the area is losing its "character".
Now I can concentrate on important stuff like a 4K TV and where to locate my drum set.
Teej
  • nagel likes this

#118 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:52 AM

There are no plans for a tower in Market Square. Although people have talked about such a project for time immemorial.

Know it all.

#119 Teej48

Teej48
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:18 PM

Having but a basic tourists knowledge of Victoria, I have been immercing myself in the history of the downtown area and particularly Chinatown, my new "hood".
Absolutely fascinating, I had no idea how important a role Victoria played in the development of the west coast and indeed the entire country. Just assumed it would have been Vancouver.
Cant wait to begin some knowledgeable exploring early in the new year, hopefully.
It will be like living in a museum with good food.
Cheers

#120 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:29 PM

a museum with good food and no more than 5-7 overdose/stabbing deaths per week!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users