Empire Fried Chicken and Donuts | Victoria | View Street; Cook Street Village

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:42 AM

Ummmm you mean days old then.... a good doughnut has a half-life of hours not days!

#42 EvnKas

EvnKas
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:51 AM

Empire donuts is crazy popular. She's a single mom who created this business, gets up at 3 AM with the bake crew to make all the donuts fresh for the day, fill all the delivery orders, and stock the storefront. The only way to get these before was to order ahead and have them delivered. 

They are freaking delicious, and she's constantly experimenting with flavours. Also, on Fridays Cold Comfort has their donuts and will make them into an ice cream sandwich, still need to do that one!

So anyway, she's closed Sunday/Monday so she can be with her kids... 

Also I have no relation to Empire, I moved to this city and discovered them online before they opened the store, and I find her story inspiring. 

For me, the best donuts I've had are Honey's Donuts, Empire, and Cartems. 

#43 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:04 PM

Empire donuts is crazy popular. She's a single mom who created this business, gets up at 3 AM with the bake crew to make all the donuts fresh for the day, fill all the delivery orders, and stock the storefront. The only way to get these before was to order ahead and have them delivered.

They are freaking delicious, and she's constantly experimenting with flavours. Also, on Fridays Cold Comfort has their donuts and will make them into an ice cream sandwich, still need to do that one!

So anyway, she's closed Sunday/Monday so she can be with her kids...

Also I have no relation to Empire, I moved to this city and discovered them online before they opened the store, and I find her story inspiring.

For me, the best donuts I've had are Honey's Donuts, Empire, and Cartems.

If you get to Empire first thing in the morning for one of their still-warm yeast donuts, it's the best in town IMO.

Edited by Mattjvd, 07 March 2018 - 12:08 PM.

• EvnKas likes this

#44 EvnKas

EvnKas
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:07 PM

If you get to Empire first thing in the morning for one of their still-warm yeist donuts, it's the best in town IMO.

Oh for sure! Nothing can beat a fresh donut! 

Definitely if you're a donut lover try Honey's in Deep Cove and Cartems somewhere in Vancouver (several locations now)

• Mattjvd likes this

#45 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:12 PM

Dutch Bakery has started making some cake donuts and they're quite good and a reasonable price. I find Empire too expensive. If I wanted two donuts from there it's about $7 I think.

#46 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:44 AM

Empire Donuts adds fried chicken to upcoming Cook Street Village location

https://victoria.cit...llage-location/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#47 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:22 AM

Empire will stop serving fried chicken at its Cook Street location. The owner says the time and effort required for that aspect of the business has been very onerous.

Your last chance to get some fried chicken with a donut on the side will be October 6th.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#48 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,848 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:56 AM

i think of all places in victoria where fried chicken might not work would be cook street village.  didn't subway close up shop there too?

#49 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:57 AM

There’s another fried chicken place there as well. A spin-off from Chicken 649 on Quadra at Queen.

Know it all.

#50 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:01 PM

Empire will stop serving fried chicken at its Cook Street location. The owner says the time and effort required for that aspect of the business has been very onerous.

Your last chance to get some fried chicken with a donut on the side will be October 6th.

Their fried chicken was... not in the top tier of FC available in town so it's a smart decision.

#51 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 06:50 PM

What’s your favourite, weirdie?

Know it all.

#52 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:30 PM

What’s your favourite, weirdie?

Chimac for Korean, Jones BBQ for Southern, Tartan Toque for boneless. Empire opened before they perfected their product and they suffered for it.
  • Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#53 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 02:47 PM

It is the only place to get hot chicken though.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users