Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Aria condos | 36.2m | 12- & 12-storeys | Built - completed in 2009

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#41 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

It looks as if they are beginning the excavation for phase 2 of this building. They had a line of trucks and an excavator digging up more of the lot. Also they are beginning work on the second floor of the first phase.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#42 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:48 PM

January 13, 2006

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#43 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:19 PM

That's an interesting view....is that from the Marriott?

#44 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:21 PM

Nope, from the Executive House parkade. Marriot can be seen at the bottom left across Penwell St.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#45 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 09:53 PM

Funny I missed the part of the Marriott the light on the piller! This will be a great place to take a photo of the Aria when it's fully completed. I wonder in the end of it all if the Crystal Court tower will be seen behind the Aria from here? Maybe it will be seen between the two Aria Towers. I don't think you will be able to see it above the Aria though.

#46 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:48 PM

Contractor at the Aria is moving the construction sheds to the other end of the lot...

They're getting set to excavate the rest of the site...

Lots of progress on that project...

#47 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:58 PM

It is moving extremely quickly especially when you compare it to the Parkside project across the street from it.

So where exactly will all the sheds go? Behind the church?

It has a whole new look!

#48 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:58 PM

Looks as if they are placing them on the deck of the parkade.. Lawn bowling and CG area behind the first "tower"

Look as as if the Church as got it's road back...

#49 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:46 PM

That's awesome. I was worried at first, when they said they would do the buildings in two phases, that the first phase would be standing complete a few years before the second one even got started. Now that the two towers will be built built in almost unison it makes me feel better.

#50 djp

djp
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:21 AM

From the wesbite:

"Leave the car in your secure underground parking and see it all on foot. Your new home is conveniently situated nearby the St. Ann’s Academy and close to Beacon Hill Park. The brand new BC Experience in the former Crystal Gardens and world famous Inner Harbour are close at hand."

Oops. Might need to updated that.

#51 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:55 AM

From the wesbite:

"Leave the car in your secure underground parking and see it all on foot. Your new home is conveniently situated nearby the St. Ann’s Academy and close to Beacon Hill Park. The brand new BC Experience in the former Crystal Gardens and world famous Inner Harbour are close at hand."

Good Lord. In what universe would living near the BCX be an advantage.

Harold: "Dear, let's hop over to the BC Experience!"

Betty: "But honey, we were just there last week."

Harold: "My dear, I simply cannot get enough of sitting in that kayak pretending to experience nature."

#52 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:02 PM

That's hilarious.

#53 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:30 PM

I think there might be some issues with the view corridor here.

#54 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:34 PM

Whose?

Are those pictures from today? Post some more, if you have them.

#55 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:50 PM

My view. I wont be able to see the church spire from where I was standing and the moon will be blocked out too.

#56 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

No worries, the church spire changes position throughout the night. Some nights it even seems larger.

So do you think the folks in Astoria or the Marriott will be upset about Aria?

#57 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:26 PM

If they are ask them to look up Pierre Elliott Trudeau's negotiation to preserve his view from his Art Deco residence on Pine Ave near Mountain in Montreal... 80's?

Note.. it was a negotiation, not a right to maintain a view!

#58 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:55 PM

From the wesbite:

Good Lord. In what universe would living near the BCX be an advantage.

Harold: "Dear, let's hop over to the BC Experience!"

Betty: "But honey, we were just there last week."

Harold: "My dear, I simply cannot get enough of sitting in that kayak pretending to experience nature."

:-D
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#59 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:54 PM

They are just about ready to pour the third floor plate.

It has a whole new look!

#60 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,512 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:36 PM

Has the crane been raised yet?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users