Photo

Tim Hortons in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#181 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:07 PM

Fort St. renovation has barely moved, it's not coming any time soon.

Its out for tender now and should start construction next month, I would think it should be open by mid to end of August

#182 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:43 PM

An 'interesting' incident in THs in Langley yesterday.. :confused:

Was that a chocolate glazed donut?

#183 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:36 PM

Had basically the same thing happen at a place in Victoria I worked over the same issue luckily we had a glass partition.

How can this still be an issue in society?

Edited by todd, 17 May 2018 - 10:01 PM.

#184 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:18 AM

Had basically the same thing happen at a place in Victoria I worked over the same issue luckily we had a glass partition.

How can this still be an issue in society?

You're actually surprised?

Sounds like she's caused trouble there before so they refused her access to the washroom.  She obviously really needed to use it.  It's not easy to poop on command like that.  We've all been there where we can't make it another 10 steps without twisting like a pretzel to keep er in.  Lesson learned is don't burn your bridges.

#185 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:48 AM

Sometimes I think that when I see guys come into the downturn McDonalds in the morning and get turned away by security, they are banned.

I’m like man you got yourself barred from the main 24 hour downtown eatery and washroom?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#186 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:00 AM

Sometimes I think that when I see guys come into the downturn McDonalds...

A perfect Freudian slip.

#187 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:23 PM

You're actually surprised?

Sounds like she's caused trouble there before so they refused her access to the washroom.  She obviously really needed to use it.  It's not easy to poop on command like that.  We've all been there where we can't make it another 10 steps without twisting like a pretzel to keep er in.  Lesson learned is don't burn your bridges.

So you just pull down your pants and throw it at the nearest person you see?

This is what some the most primitive animals do.

Guess it's Depends for you Nagel.

#188 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:26 PM

So you just pull down your pants and throw it at the nearest person you see?

This is what some the most primitive animals do.

Guess it's Depends for you Nagel.

No.  I try and treat people nicely in person so that way if I need to come back to their establishment for an emergency sh!t they let me do it.

• todd likes this

#189 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:29 PM

No.  I try and treat people nicely in person so that way if I need to come back to their establishment for an emergency sh!t they let me do it.

Worksafe laws sometimes can't budge. It's Depends.

#190 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:32 PM

Worksafe laws sometimes can't budge. It's Depends.

I see what you did there.  ;)

#191 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:15 AM

Sooke Tim Hortons gets green light as medical/dental facility eyed for future Sooke Rd. complex

https://victoria.cit...oke-rd-complex/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#192 Dinya

Dinya
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 01:09 PM

The new Fort Street Tim's looks like it actually might be getting close to opening.  They've been moving in equipment, like the ovens, today.  Been almost a year since it was originally announced.

• Mike K. likes this

#193 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:05 AM

I've never really understood the appeal of Tim's; I don't have a sweet tooth so can't comment on their donuts as I don't eat them, but the rest of the menu is sub-par at best, aside from their chili which for a fast food franchise is surprisingly ok. And the coffee - don't get me started - but its bloody awful. I've never been inclined to down a cup of rail-car suspension lubricating fluid but were I so predisposed, I imagine it would taste an awful lot like Timmy's coffee....

• RoadRunner likes this

#194 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:35 AM

...the coffee [is] bloody awful. I've never been inclined to down a cup of rail-car suspension lubricating fluid but were I so predisposed, I imagine it would taste an awful lot like Timmy's coffee....

I never used to enjoy Tim Horton's coffee, but their relatively new dark roast isn't all that bad.

• rmpeers likes this

#195 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,159 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:44 AM

The coffee’s fine. Variety is the spice of life :)
  • rjag likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#196 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:55 PM

years ago it sucked, but these days I think its pretty good.  Its not a place I would go to relax and hangout, but for something on the run its fine.  McDonalds coffee is pretty good too these days

#197 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:57 PM

years ago it sucked, but these days I think its pretty good.  Its not a place I would go to relax and hangout, but for something on the run its fine.  McDonalds coffee is pretty good too these days

Surprisingly I have to agree with this; I was told at one outlet (no idea if its true) that each McD's operated independently in terms of (coffee) suppliers and that the Pandora location at that point was supposedly using Seattle's Best. Not sure if that is true but at the time their coffee was good, very good in fact, and certainly far superior to anything I've ever experienced at Timmy's. 

Edited by AllseeingEye, 02 September 2018 - 05:58 PM.

#198 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:07 PM

Surprisingly I have to agree with this; I was told at one outlet (no idea if its true) that each McD's operated independently in terms of (coffee) suppliers and that the Pandora location at that point was supposedly using Seattle's Best. Not sure if that is true but at the time their coffee was good, very good in fact, and certainly far superior to anything I've ever experienced at Timmy's. 

That seems the antithesis of the model...  The product/experience at any given franchise should as close to the same as possible.  Thus I find the information you were told to be very hard to believe.

• Rob Randall and SgtNeonPanda like this

#199 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:24 PM

That seems the antithesis of the model...  The product/experience at any given franchise should as close to the same as possible.  Thus I find the information you were told to be very hard to believe.

Yes I'm very familiar with supply chain in addition to implementing repeatable, efficient LEAN business processes. The information, although passed along by one their employees, would seem to be at odds with best practices. Regardless the fact remains their coffee was and is a superior product IMO to the bilge served at Timmy's. 

#200 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:54 PM

Yes I'm very familiar with supply chain in addition to implementing repeatable, efficient LEAN business processes. The information, although passed along by one their employees, would seem to be at odds with best practices. Regardless the fact remains their coffee was and is a superior product IMO to the bilge served at Timmy's. 

Wait, at odds with best practices?  When you put it that way it's more believable.  Chain coffee is mostly bilge anyway, so the specific brand is not much of a distinction.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users