Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:29 PM

which is best

540f7d90-fb34-11e4-8ad9-9725e0a76f0b_Don
https://ca.shine.yah...-185601336.html

#142 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:13 PM

Chocolate cruller is WAY too low on this list.

• todd likes this

#143 Matt in Langford

Matt in Langford
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:07 AM

At the time, I asked why this location was closing? The response I got was the franchisee was retiring. I guess nobody wanted to purchase this location as a Tim Horton's.

It was also interesting that the Sampan Express opened up, while the Sampan Restaurant closed nearby. I'm told they had a few of their cooks move over to their new location. Not sure if it is a change of ownership though.

I take it that the Panago is closed during the lunch hour as they feel they wouldn't have enough business after all the students, and perhaps office employees go back to work.

#144 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:31 PM

Charming...

As many as 21 locations have been closed; more are planned for New England.

Tim Hortons, the Canadian coffee and doughnut chain that was acquired by Burger King last year, has abruptly closed over 20 locations in the Northeast — in Maine, New York City, and upstate New York — without warning. Not only were staff not given notice, but Consumerist reports that customers dining inside the restaurants were told to leave as employees were turning the lights out for the final time in the middle of the day.

The shutters happened this past Wednesday and Thursday, with multiple reports saying store managers and employees found out the day of the closure. Some managers were told the night before. "Went home and received a phone call that it was it. There is no work tomorrow. So I had to go on and call all of my employees and tell them that don't show up to work tomorrow. That this is it," Pamela Levison, a Tim Hortons store manager, told TWCNews.

[...]

http://www.msn.com/e...A54rW&ocid=iehp

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#145 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:24 PM

My boycott is apparently drastically affecting operations

#146 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:36 AM

I remember once coming across the phrase "the camel's back straw" in a publication. "The shutters happened . . ." now joins it as some seriously dumb writing.

• sebberry likes this

#147 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:39 AM

Tim Hortons to open Sooke location

http://victoria.citi...sooke-location/

Tim Hortons lovers will be able to get their fix in Sooke this fall according to a development proposal revealed by the T'sou-ke First Nation.

"The T’Sou-ke First Nation has entered into a preliminary business arrangement with Tim Hortons, Esso and On the Run Convenience to pursue the construction of a franchise restaurant and gas station," said T’Sou-ke Administrator Michelle Thut. [Full article]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#148 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:11 PM

I went to a tim horton's once in the vancouver airport.  Their breakfast muffin wasn't as horrible as I expected.  True story.

• johnk likes this
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#149 57WestHills

57WestHills
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:40 PM

I could never see the logic of them closing that store, as it was always busy.
Now if they would bring back the garlic toast that used to come with a bowl of chili.

I'm a bit late to the show here, but I'd heard the closure of the previous Borden location was due to a geography-based disagreement between the people behind Saanich's Timmies and West Shore's Timmies. I cannot remember which franchisee won out, but it's a different owner than the previous location. Tims politics I guess.

The new Borden one is probably the most comfortable in that general area to actually sit down and stay a while.
  • LocalMom likes this

#150 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

http://www.sookenews.../391420361.html

Sooke's Tim Hortons expected to open in March

• 57WestHills likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#151 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:05 AM

Tim Hortons targets spring 2017 opening of Sooke location

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#152 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:57 PM

Tim Hortons targets spring 2017 opening of Sooke location

Did this happen?

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#153 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:40 PM

It did not. The last I heard of it, the band is waiting on government funds to get the project started.

#154 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:57 AM

It did not. The last I heard of it, the band is waiting on government funds to get the project started.

Why government funds?

#155 qwerty

qwerty
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

I heard a rumour that there are plans to build a Tim Hortons on the corner of Bench Rd and Trans Canada Hwy, just south of Duncan, where the old Galaxy Nightclub once stood.

Street view: https://goo.gl/maps/3CuLNBRxXaJ2 

Anyone else hear anything similar?

#156 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

Oh yeah, that'd be a great location. Haven't anything about that just yet, though.

Know it all.

#157 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:25 PM

That would be a very odd place out there in the midst of nothing except a Coop gas station that closes at 9pm. Tims are usually located in areas that people are located in, not on a lonely stretchs of highway with no other life visible.

Edited by HB, 21 August 2017 - 03:29 PM.

#158 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:11 PM

Maybe it's a new Esso location with Timmy's on the run inside.

#159 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:07 AM

That would be a very odd place out there in the midst of nothing except a Coop gas station that closes at 9pm. Tims are usually located in areas that people are located in, not on a lonely stretchs of highway with no other life visible.

Across most of northern ontario the Timmies are located out on the highway, bundled with a Wendy's and 1/2 of the time not located anywhere near the town centre.

Probably responsible for more reduced accidents than any safety measures taken along the route.

"I know nothing"

#160 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

^Except they will be bundled with a Burger King or Popeyes Chicken now.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users