send a message to city hall vote for new faces like Robin Kimpton for council

#102 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

I guess the strategy worked then...........:D

Most of your posts were deleted, so I'd say quite the opposite. Most people on here are annoyed by that kind of behaviour.

#103 Christine Selig

Christine Selig
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

send a message to city hall vote for new faces like Robin Kimpton for council

I am not into politics much but as I have said Robin Kimpton and his staff were there for me and so my support goes there. Besides everyone that I have talked to says they what new people in charge.

#104 GMC

GMC
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

That was my third posting on the matter. I was starting to think that it was only my posts that got deleted/edited before the digital ink was dry.

Sounds like you are no stranger to getting on peoples nerves either Bob.........anyway like I said before the strategy worked on more than one front and my mission was accomplished.

#105 Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett r Blackwood

Barrett

• 91 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

sounds like you are no stranger to getting on peoples nerves either bob.........anyway like i said before the strategy worked on more than one front and my mission was accomplished.

lol

#106 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

10450164_335277079953155_407647323371243

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#107 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

Is that Kimpton's limo out front?

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#108 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

Is that Kimpton's limo out front?

LOL!

Kimpton is a slum lord who has let his propepties deteriorate all over town. Probably squatters in this one who lit it up.  

#109 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

That place is a **** hole. They should have filled up the ladder truck with diesel fuel and burned it to the foundation. I drive by it every day and wonder why the landowner can't be a more responsible citizen.

#110 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:53 AM

That place is a **** hole. They should have filled up the ladder truck with diesel fuel and burned it to the foundation. I drive by it every day and wonder why the landowner can't be a more responsible citizen.

Diesel fuel does not burn very well unless it is heavily aerated.  

• Baro likes this

#111 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

Thanks, VHF, for resurrecting this thread. Reading the contributions of Kimpton and his assorted sock puppets and Bob Fugger's responses is very entertaining.

• Matt R. likes this

#112 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:19 PM

So, I was talking to Robert Kimpton today outside at 1176 Yates Street as he’s preparing it for demolition as ordered by the city. More info at the link, deadline is 60 days after Feb. 14th:

https://pub-victoria...ocumentId=31894

He didn’t seem too bothered, just commented the city wanted it taken down. I asked if he would rebuild.. he paused and said eventually - a four storey 26 unit strata building that he would rent out. I think I’m more likely to win the lottery than that happening. Not sure how this guy’s cash flow works.

It been vacant since 2003, and a couple years back he listed it for sale for 1.5 million.

https://www.google.c...!2e0?shorturl=1
  • jonny likes this

#113 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:27 PM

There's a house near where some family lives - it was damaged by fire god only how long ago (years) and remains boarded up.  

I'm all for private property rights, but there comes a time where the city has to jump in and force either renovation or sale of the property.  Nobody should be subject to derelict property sitting abandoned for years on end next door.

• Nparker likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#114 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:45 PM

Look up "1176 Yates" at Britishcolonist.ca. Lots of shady goings on:

Capture.JPG

#115 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:49 PM

So, I was talking to Robert Kimpton today outside at 1176 Yates Street as he’s preparing it for demolition as ordered by the city. More info at the link, deadline is 60 days after Feb. 14th:

He didn’t seem too bothered, just commented the city wanted it taken down. I asked if he would rebuild.. he paused and said eventually - a four storey 26 unit strata building that he would rent out. I think I’m more likely to win the lottery than that happening. Not sure how this guy’s cash flow works.

It been vacant since 2003, and a couple years back he listed it for sale for 1.5 million.

So now we will have a vacant parcel of land.

#116 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:57 PM

^Like his one on Cook near Bay.

Basically, Kimpton says he wants to partner with the City on redevelopment and the City says, yeah right.

#117 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 07:20 PM

^Like his one on Cook near Bay.

Basically, Kimpton says he wants to partner with the City on redevelopment and the City says, yeah right.

Many property owners have found over the years that if you have the patience to wait out council then eventually you will find one that gives you what you want to make the problem go away

#118 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 09:45 AM

He had a similar thing with the city maybe 5 years ago for a property he owned over at Cook & Bay.  He demolished the building, but couldn't get rid of the mess in time.  The City ended up doing it for him and the last time I drove by the site was still fenced and vacant with a sign he maybe spent $2 on indicating it was for sale.

Parents in Vancouver are very wealthy and own 2 high rise towers among others, not sure if they are still alive or if he inherited the money

#119 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:47 AM

Nparker, your post was deleted.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#120 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 01:41 PM

:whyme:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users