Bin 4 Burger Lounge | Downtown Victoria, downtown Langford, Saanich, Vancouver

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:43 PM

Red Robin is always waaay too busy. They would do well to open another Victoria location.

Edited by lanforod, 06 January 2015 - 12:43 PM.

• LocalMom likes this

#62 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:42 PM

Red Robin is always waaay too busy. They would do well to open another Victoria location.

Ya, I'd go to one downtown.

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#63 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:40 PM

It seems Red Robin's target market is suburban families - or at least that's what it was last time I went there. I would think that somewhere in Langford would be an appealing second location.

#64 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

It seems Red Robin's target market is suburban families - or at least that's what it was last time I went there. I would think that somewhere in Langford would be an appealing second location.

There is one on Robson street, downtown Vancouver. Does very well as well - great people watching spot, that one.

#65 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

There is one on Robson street, downtown Vancouver. Does very well as well - great people watching spot, that one.

Plus it's got some edge, a guy shot another guy under the table once there, Han Solo style, in the early 90's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu-TZpGdszA

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#66 Coopershawk

Coopershawk
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:40 PM

Had lunch at the Goldstream location today...terrible hamburger and fries...won't go back! The hamburger was dry and tasteless and so were the fries. DQ does a better job.

Edited by Coopershawk, 05 June 2015 - 05:43 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#67 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:07 PM

Had lunch at the Goldstream location today...terrible hamburger and fries...won't go back! The hamburger was dry and tasteless and so were the fries. DQ does a better job.

I've never heard anything like this in my life. 

• 57WestHills likes this

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#68 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:21 AM

The last time we were there, about a week ago at the downtown location, my girlfriend's burger was also quite dry and my Greek burger was inundated with sauce that I had to scrape off. I haven't had a burger there that I've truly loved in quite some time :(

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#69 57WestHills

57WestHills
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:18 PM

My experiences at the Langford location have continued to be consistently positive. Hopefully there isn't a quality decline going on, bin4 is too great!

#70 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, I have only been once but it was delicious.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#71 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:52 AM

Agree with LJ above; based solely on the one time we had their burgers, last week at the Cloverdale location, we'd go back. One of the tastier burgers I've had in a very long time (that didn't come off my own grill). 

#72 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:36 PM

IMG_6358.jpg

It was around 2PM and it was pretty busy.  A much nicer environment inside, relative to Yates St., as there is more light and windows.  Same great food!

19267353248_6888a37422_h.jpg

18834296523_7221fc8107_h.jpg

#73 jeffifah

jeffifah
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

Yeah, I have only been once but it was delicious.

Same here.  Only been there once (a few weeks ago).  My husband and I ordered very different things, so we we were able to taste a good variety of burger, sides, salads etc. and everything was exceptionally good.  

#74 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:13 PM

We have bin a few times to the Bin 4 on Blanshard at Cloverdale.

The food is good but it's too noisy inside to enjoy a conversation.

Why do restaurant continue to offer this noisy atmosphere? 

#75 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:54 AM

You gotta learn to go during the quiet times  :)

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#76 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:36 PM

Pretty sure because it means they're packed and popular, as opposed to empty and broke?

• Matt R. likes this

#77 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:20 PM

Pretty sure because it means they're packed and popular, as opposed to empty and broke?

Med Grill at Royal Oak is packed and popular but not so noisy that you can't enjoy a conversation.

#78 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:09 AM

Med Grill at Royal Oak is packed and popular but not so noisy that you can't enjoy a conversation.

True. 

When I go into a restaurant I understand if it is too packed and I have troubles hearing my company, but it's when the music is too loud. Now that grinds my gears. Yates Street Taphouse is a perfect example. 

- Jane Jacobs 

#79 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:36 AM

They need some sound absorption panels... 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#80 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:42 AM

True. 

When I go into a restaurant I understand if it is too packed and I have troubles hearing my company, but it's when the music is too loud. Now that grinds my gears. Yates Street Taphouse is a perfect example. 

YST is a bit like Strath, or Bart's though, it has to transition into almost a nightclub atmosphere as the night goes on, that's the style.  Unless you mean daytime, and I've never been in there when the music is too loud dayside.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users