• Please log in to reply
8817 replies to this topic

#3041 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:31 PM

So Kosher then?

Kosher and halal are mainly associated with the food of Muslims and Jewish people. Though kosher and halal are food laws, it also has great significance in other rituals that they both follow in their life. Kosher and halal have their roots in their respective scriptures, Kosher is identified in Holy Bible and Torah and Halal is mentioned in Quran.

First of all lets see the difference in slaughtering of animals in kosher and halal. Though the slaughtering is the same, Jews, who follow kosher, do not pronounce the name of God on each animal they slaughter. They think that it is wasteful to utter the name of god out of context. They only perform prayers on the first and last animal that they slaughter. Muslims who follow halal rituals always pronounce the name of God on each animal that is slaughtered.

According to halal, any adult sane Muslim can perform the slaughtering of animals. But kosher only allows one kind of Rabbi, called the Sachet, to slaughter animals. The Sachet is specially trained for slaughtering and no other Jew can perform this task.

Read more: Difference Between Kosher and Halal | Difference Between http://www.differenc.../#ixzz4ZTJA1R31

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3042 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:36 AM

The also pronounce the name of God at be headings.

#3043 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 747 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:54 AM

I said it before, Victoria cannot support two halal butcher shops.  There is one in Quadra Village as well.

The big supermarkets are already focusing on these product lines.  If you go to walmart or superstore, they have entire product lines of halal poultry and meats.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#3044 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:38 PM

It looks like The Ruby will soon have a second location @ The Best Western on Johnson downtown (formerly London Tube, De Dutch, and a few others I can't recall)...
  • LocalMom likes this

#3045 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:41 PM

And Pig is closing as well...

#3046 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:51 AM

^ & ^^ #oldnews 😉
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#3047 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:05 AM

yes i saw that on the news yesterday PiG is closing.

#3048 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:13 AM

It looks like The Ruby will soon have a second location @ The Best Western on Johnson downtown (formerly London Tube, De Dutch, and a few others I can't recall)...

Stone's Throw after De Dutch.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3049 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

Stone's Throw after De Dutch.

That was the one with the guy wanted by interpol...

#3050 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

That was the one with the guy wanted by interpol...

Can you be more specific?

#3051 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:28 PM

My mistake. It was the crepe place before this one.

http://www.vicnews.c...tml?mobile=true

#3052 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:32 AM

ok we are taking your bait.....what was the interpol event that6 caused the place to close

Edited by HB, 27 February 2017 - 06:33 AM.

#3053 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:34 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=_65xeBOwHwY

Uploaded on Jul 20, 2011

VICTORIA - Victoria Police have arrested a man wanted by Interpol for serious financial crimes in the Czech Republic. 

The 44 year old is now operating a restaurant in a downtown Victoria hotel. Its there where Victoria Police arrested Pavel Zika last Friday.

"We have two counts of fraud over $5,000", explains Detective Rick Anthony "One count of attempted fraud over $5,000 and one count of fraud under $5,000. All pertaining to local business transactions or dealings".

Gillian Ley helped Zika put his restaurant together. She is suing him for more than $15 thousand for unpaid work.

"It's certainly not a hit that I can take easily, financially or emotionally. It's like being side-swiped", she says.

Ley says she tried to collect after Zika wrote her two NSF cheques .

We went to Zika's restaurant to ask him about the allegations, but the manager said he wasn't available.

#3054 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:15 AM

Not sure if it's been noted here yet, but the new Casa Nova location on Broughton that replaced the former crepe (and former to that a hookah place?) joint is now open.

#3055 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:16 AM

Oh, they're open now? Their last downtown location had been in 727 Johnson, I think.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3056 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:20 AM

Yep, they were open late last week when I was in the area but forgot to mention it.

#3057 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

They have been open since Feb 6th I think.  It seems busy every time I go by.  Certainly 10x busier than the crepe place.

#3058 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

The downtown Shine Cafe appears to be out of business (or renovating?)...

#3059 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

The downtown Shine Cafe appears to be out of business (or renovating?)...

The sign they have posted says renovating. This place is always busy. It would be odd if they suddenly closed down.

#3060 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

From their Facebook page:

**************** BIG NEWS ***************

Mo:Lé is very excited to announce that we will be opening a second location in April 2017 on Millstream Rd.

That's right - Mo:Lé is bringing the love to the West Shore. We have secured a beautiful building at 2345 Millstream Rd. just past the Millstream Village. 90 seats inside plus a 25 seat patio.

Same amazing menu, just better parking, more seats and more drinks including Prosecco on tap.

We are looking to hire a new beautiful crew for front and back of house - so if you know someone who is living on the West Shore or Sooke, who might be tired of commuting or working nights, please let them know.

We can be contacted at moleonmillstream@gmail.com

Please share this post to spread the love ❤️

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users